Included Shore Excursions

Island Sun

Hello - can anyone tell me how long, prior to departure, you are able to book your included shore excurions? Is is like the restaurant bookings, when it depends on the level of cabin you have booked. Travelling on Riviera Mayan Rhythms 6th March 2019 in Conceirge cabin. Many thanks for any help with this.

Lyn

You can make excursion reservations as soon as a deposit has been made. I'm on the Feb. 23 Around the Cape on the Sirena and made our shore excursions reservations about 2 weeks ago. You can make the reservations on-line but if you later want to make changes you will need to call Oceania.

Generally they open for booking 6 to 7 months before departure date. For those choosing the free excursions they must be booked 14 days before departure or your freebies become useless aND no refund for them from Oceania.

We prefer the excursions over the other 2 freebie choices. We have found ourselves on the same tour as the higher Oceania excursion choices mainly because of group size, remember Oceania has fewer passengers than larger ships.

We tend to use the freebies for tours that are long and far from the docked ship and use Cruise Critic members for other tours if it is not a walking port.

Please tell me they are going to list more excursions as it gets closer to the “270 days prior to sailing” window? The excursions listed now are all pretty bad. I think there is only one listed for St Petersburg and we are there two days.

Agree with Go-Bucks regarding St. Petersburg. We used the Rick Steves Baltic Cruise book to find a company. The price for 2 days of touring was less than 1 tour with the ship. You will also be the only ones on the tours.

If I make a shore reservation and then change my mind, can i cancel? Difficult?

cancel: Yes

Difficult: no

but bear in mind "when". From the cancellation policy.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006455853-What-is-your-cancellation-policy-for-ancillary-items-

Packages & Amenities - Cancellation Amount

• Shore excursions within 36 hours prior to the shore excursion - 100% of fee
  • Shore excursion packages on or after embarkation - 100% of fee

Agree with Go-Bucks regarding St. Petersburg. We used the Rick Steves Baltic Cruise book to find a company. The price for 2 days of touring was less than 1 tour with the ship. You will also be the only ones on the tours.

We used Alla Tours in SPB 2 times in the last 5 years and they were great. 3 days each time. Only 6 people the first time and 4 the next time. A guide and driver for much, much less that the ship would have charged us and no big bus. :):):)