On line dinner teservations

bspill

Perhaps! Or could it have something to do with the length of the sailings? I just double checked and this is what I was able to book online:

14 nights Montreal-Miami: 2 bookings

25 nights Miami-Santiago: 3 bookings

21 nights Antarctica: 3 bookings

Is it perhaps 1 booking for <14 days, 2 for 14+ days, 3 for 21+ days, etc.?

Floris

Don't think so as, if I've read it correctly, some of the posters here are on a 14 night cruise and are being allowed just one reservation.

My feeling continues to be it's one reservation per 'segment', where segment is defined as the smallest interval of time you can book for.

You can sort of see the logic there if that is the case, it's a new set of people, you shouldn't be disadvantaged just because you didn't get off. I can also see the other side that space is limited and everyone should get one reservation per cruise. I feel Seabourn has gone the route of allowing one reservation per segment and sorting it out later.

Just roughing out the maths here, say 490 passengers, 7 nights, 70 passengers per night, I would think TK grill is pretty close to being able to do 70 covers a night, as long as there is a mix of smaller and larger tables. First and last night eat into that a bit but I feel every 7 nights most people who want to dine there can do so once.

On the shorter cruises they must be actively managing the bookings, on the longer segments soliciting bookings in the second/third week.

Rols has read it correctly. Our cruise is 14 nights and we have only been able to make one reservation.

We also did Montreal to Fort Lauderdale when the online booking system had recently been introduced, it was a 14 day cruise just like FlorisdeKort's and were only able to book one reservation.

On our recent 21 day cruise, we were allowed three reservations. The cruise was sold as a 14 day and a 7 day B2B. At first SB was only going to allow us ONE reservation for the whole 21 days. Our TA went to bat for us, and, in the end, we were given 3 reservations. As it turned out, ALL three were on the 14 day segment. I think this was the choice of SB as they had great demand during the 7 day segment. The times/days were not always ideal. For example, we dined in the TK Grill the first first night of the whole cruise! AND, again on the last night of the 14 day segment--neither being ideal--and the times were also early. We DID get to dine in the TK Grill a fourth time with friends. Next time, we will make all of our reservations for at least 4 people. The tables vary in size.

Beware when booking in advance you won't know what other options are available the night you choose. Our advance TK res turned out to be Alaska Market night in the Colonnade so we unhappily cancelled TK. Can eat at a fine steakhouse anytime while AM was a unique opportunity.

We were able to make 4 reservations in TK Grill for an upcoming 32-nite Encore cruise.

4 reservations for 32 nights seems reasonable to me. Do you know, is your cruise broken down into shorter segments?

Yes. It's also being sold as two 16-nite segments.

Ok thanks. I'm trying to figure out why some posters have been able to book more than others. Longer cruises I can understand SB allowing more reservations, that's only fair.

But our next cruise is 14 nights and only one reservation allowed, yet another poster on the thread is also taking a 14 night cruise but has been able to make 2 bookings. Both cruises are not segmented. Hmm :confused:

I'm not complaning about it, it's not a huge deal, i'm just curious!

... But our next cruise is 14 nights and only one reservation allowed, yet another poster on the thread is also taking a 14 night cruise but has been able to make 2 bookings. Both cruises are not segmented. Hmm :confused:
Inconsistency = confusion. Maybe email SB Club or have your TA intervene?

Ok thanks. I'm trying to figure out why some posters have been able to book more than others. Longer cruises I can understand SB allowing more reservations, that's only fair.

But our next cruise is 14 nights and only one reservation allowed, yet another poster on the thread is also taking a 14 night cruise but has been able to make 2 bookings. Both cruises are not segmented. Hmm :confused:

I'm not complaning about it, it's not a huge deal, i'm just curious!

Just finished a cruise on the Quest. We were able to book two reservations at TK. Booked one in my husband's name and another in my name.

Ok to update. I went back into our reservation and am now able to book another table in TK Grill. It definitely wasn't possible to do that when I tried last time. I haven't actually made another reservation but I could have done if I wanted.

So in summary, it's a 14 night cruise on Ovation and two reservations are possible.