How many reservations do you have?

Been there, done that many times! We've sailed out of all the Florida ports. Port Canaveral is easiest as it's only 1-1/2 hours, but the others work too. :D Right now we've got a bunch of PC cruises booked, and still want to do the Harmony when she's there, but are definitely looking at other options for 2020 and beyond.

We're booked on her first 7-night cruise out of PC. Looking forward to seeing what changes there are between Harmony and her sisters.:)

We're looking at a Panama Canal crossing to the west coast, and backing that up with an Alaska cruise once we get there for 2020:D

I typically only have one cruise planned at a time, and then book another one. Once, I think I had two. I currently have four. :eek: I recently had several friends ask me to join them, and I couldn't say no. :)

We have 6, (1) Summit 14 nights to New England and Canada Oct 2018, (2&3) Silhouette B2B 9+12 nights to the Caribbean March 2019 and (4,5&6) Eclipse B2B2B Hawaii & Pacific Coastal Sept/Oct 2019

That sounds incredibly repetitive... You know there are other options for vacation besides cruising, right?

Who said we all just cruise? And how do you know that we don't do other vacations.?

I am home a total of just over 3 months this year. :confused:Spending the summer in Maine, the Spring time I enjoyed the beautiful beaches of the Florida Panhandle, the Fall will be spent down in the Florida Keys.

Fly to vacations include going out to the wine country out west.

And yes, I have 10 cruises booked.

on all but one of the cruises i've been on (the one being an alaska cruise - the rest all out of florida), there were a very large number of people who had paid next to nothing as last minute florida residents.

They paid less than it would have cost them to stay home and feed themselves.

meanwhile, we were paying pretty close to rack rate...

i didn't let it bother me, but i sure was jealous of them just being able to hop aboard a ship at a moment's notice!!

I haven't seen a Florida resident discounted RCI cruise in years. We pay what you pay.

We're booked on her first 7-night cruise out of PC. Looking forward to seeing what changes there are between Harmony and her sisters.:)

We're looking at a Panama Canal crossing to the west coast, and backing that up with an Alaska cruise once we get there for 2020:D

Cool! I wanted to book Harmony for next year, but my SIL decided to go on her first ever cruise and wants to go in April, so we'll be on the Oasis yet again. We are fully booked thru the end of 2019, so have to wait till 2020 to check out the Harmony. Panama Canal is also on my bucket list - doing as a B2B with Alaska sounds incredible!!

Who said we all just cruise? And how do you know that we don't do other vacations.?

I am home a total of just over 3 months this year. :confused:Spending the summer in Maine, the Spring time I enjoyed the beautiful beaches of the Florida Panhandle, the Fall will be spent down in the Florida Keys.

Fly to vacations include going out to the wine country out west.

And yes, I have 10 cruises booked.

I personally don't see any problems with repetitevness. As long as one is enjoying cruises. :)

Of course there are other options, but for some like us cruises work the best. They of course can cover different destinations. :)

We camp in Maine a lot during the summer's weekends, but if we have spare time to cruise we always use it.

I typically only have one cruise planned at a time, and then book another one. Once, I think I had two. I currently have four. :eek: I recently had several friends ask me to join them, and I couldn't say no. :)

One, not a big fan of cruising, but even beyond that, I don't plan more than one big vacation at a time. generally less than a year in advance.

I personally don't see any problems with repetitevness. As long as one is enjoying cruises. :)

Of course there are other options, but for some like us cruises work the best. They of course can cover different destinations. :)

We camp in Maine a lot during the summer's weekends, but if we have spare time to cruise we always use it.

Agree. :)

And there will come a time that we don't want to drive the "Land Yacht" any longer. We know our little fur faced baby won't be with us much longer being 15, but until then....she is our mascot and able to be with us when we travel. When she passes into Kitty cat heaven we will begin the longer cruises out of other countries. For now, we are happy to have her along while we can.

One, not a big fan of cruising, but even beyond that, I don't plan more than one big vacation at a time. generally less than a year in advance.

If I did not like cruising, IMHO I don't think I would spend much time on Cruise Critic ...but that's just me. :o

our first choice cruise line is disney - and the only discounting they do is for florida residents..

as for why i'm on this board, we also enjoy royal :)

While we sail primarily on Royal, we are Castaway Gold on Disney. All but one of our 7 Disney cruises have been booked with our DVC points - for us a good discount as our only cash outlay is the $95 exchange fee, and since we now live in the Orlando area, we don't stay onsite much anymore so it's a good use of our points. I've been a DVC member since 1994 and recouped my initial investment many years ago; my annual dues don't come near to the cash cost of a Disney cruise. :D

6 booked thru April 2020.

Wish there were more but this is the best we can do before retirement.

November 2018 Serenade 10 nights

June 2019 Adventure B2B. 14 nights

November 2019 Adventure 8 nights

February 2020. Enchantment 5 night

April 2020 Serenade 10 night

We have 3 left for this year

NCL Star 7 days Adriatic sea

RCCL Anthem Thanksgiving 8 days Bahamas

Grandeur of the Seas Christmas_new Year 12 days South Caribbean

While we sail primarily on Royal, we are Castaway Gold on Disney. All but one of our 7 Disney cruises have been booked with our DVC points - for us a good discount as our only cash outlay is the $95 exchange fee, and since we now live in the Orlando area, we don't stay onsite much anymore so it's a good use of our points. I've been a DVC member since 1994 and recouped my initial investment many years ago; my annual dues don't come near to the cash cost of a Disney cruise. :D

that's great!

we took the tour way back in the 90's (for OKW) and would have purchased except the DVC guide (salesperson) gave us the wrong answer to a key question.

we told him since we live overseas we might not be able to visit every year so is there a way to use points for that.

he said no - He failed to tell us about banking and borrowing. So annoying. And in the end, there were many years we did visit every year. But what's done is done. Can't go back

As it happens, i'm currently trying to purchase DVC. I had an offer in on an SSR contract, but i just got the dreaded call yesterday - Disney exercised ROFR - boo!!

so i put in another offer last night on two other contracts (i upped my offer to what it seems like disney will let pass). Please keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!! :hearteyes:

by the way, were you on the DVC cruise last week? my very best friend in the whole wide world was on it - she said it was spectacular!!

of course, for us to be able to go on one of the DVC member cruises, i'll have to buy a direct contract from disney, which i'll do once i have the resale ones.

sorry for going off topic -but what can i do, my favorite topic is disney (my name on CC is a bit deceptive, but that's not my disboard name - obviously)...

and again - sorry for going off topic... :cool:

Edited by alaska_planner

by the way, were you on the DVC cruise last week? my very best friend in the whole wide world was on it - she said it was spectacular!!

of course, for us to be able to go on one of the DVC member cruises, i'll have to buy a direct contract from disney, which i'll do once i have the resale ones.

sorry for going off topic -but what can i do, my favorite topic is disney (my name on CC is a bit deceptive, but that's not my disboard name - obviously)...

and again - sorry for going off topic... :cool:

Remember you have to buy at least 75 points direct to become a blue card member to be eligible to go on dvc member cruise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

6 cruises thru April, 2020. In order: MSC Divina, Symphony of the Seas, Ruby Princess, Celebrity Equinox, NCL Encore ( that will probably change), and the Mariner of the Seas.
You are like us. Sailing with all lines! We did stop sailing with Carnival after 3 attempts.

Love Princess and Celebrity.

Like+ Royal. Becoming somewhat Loyal to Royal. :)

Like Holland, MSC, NCL and Cunard (loved, but have very limited experience)

6 cruises thru April, 2020. In order: MSC Divina, Symphony of the Seas, Ruby Princess, Celebrity Equinox, NCL Encore ( that will probably change), and the Mariner of the Seas.

I want to grow up to be just like you.