Hotel Recommendation - Barcelona

shelly87

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Barcelona end of September and will looking for a place to stay. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels directly in the city center with a good location?

Hotel 1898 is fantastic on La Rambla for about $300.00 a night. Almost across the street in the Hotel Continental at about 175.00 a night, also a great choice. Have stayed at 1898 several times and it is unbelievably peaceful for being in the middle of such hustle bustle.

We'll add a 2nd for Hotel Universal Barcelona. We have stayed there twice & enjoy the location, views from the roof top, the rooms, breakfast & service. It's very convenient to La Rambla, Tapas, the waterfront, tram, train... We stayed one time by the airport - not as convenient & another time we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Barcelona House, small property & adjacent to La Rambla.

Wherever you choose - ENJOY!!!

I highly recommend the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel. It's right next to the cruise port. It's a beautiful hotel. We stayed at it in 2010 for our first Mediterranean cruise. I had booked 2 rooms for myself and my 3 kids (oldest was 14) and asked for the rooms to be adjacent/adjoining. When we arrived in the morning to check in, there were no 2 rooms that were adjacent or adjoining. So the front desk put us in 2 adjoining suites. They were beautiful. The sea bass from room service was wonderful as was the breakfast buffet the next morning. I had the best sleep ever after a long flight and woke up raring to go.

We’ve stayed in hotel Arc La Rambla which is lower end of Las Ramblas which is an easy walk to the local port bus stop. We booked a room overlooking Las Ramblas. We’ve also stayed in The Jazz hotel which is off Las Ramblas. We walked to the underground/metro and took it, I think 2 stops, to lower end of Las Ramblas and again walked to the local port bus stop. Both very nice hotels.

From the airport you can board the Aerobus A1 or A2 depending on which terminal, which drops you off at the terminus/terminal on Placya de Catalunya for €5.90 single or €10.20 which is valid for 15 days. Cheap and quick transport.

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Barcelona end of September and will looking for a place to stay. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels directly in the city center with a good location?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We've stayed at Quartre Naciones. Right on the lower end of La Rambla. Old and not fancy, but historic, friendly, clean and very convenient. Even got a room with a balcony. Inexpensive