Just Returned from Oasis 7/22

We were trying to decide between the 7/15 sailing and the 7/22 sailing.

I keep hearing "you chose poorly." in my head.

The three of us are using the words disappointing and frustrating. Cancellation was theme for the week.

I will write my review this week but for now I will leave these items:

- We were very excited to get on board, so like most people we headed to Windjammer. We got there early enough that the place was not overrun yet. That was nice. Then I sat down in the chair and i found a chunk missing in the padding and a slit in the padding. I know I know a chair shouldn't be that big of a deal but when I see something so run down within 20 minutes of being on the ship it put me on edge.

- The elevators. wow. They could not be trusted. You can press the button, you may or may not get there. There as times where you would get on an elevator and it would go up. Stop at 5 stops and with the 6th stop lit up it would skip it and go back down. The elevators became a joke between the passengers. We still kept taking them but every trip was an adventure. The buttons are back lit with blue and just barely a brighter blue when they are selected.

- Cancel, cancel, cancel. We pay extra to go on Oasis class. We expect some entertainment. In fairness very little was RCCL's fault but it goes back to my poor choice. The first water show was cancelled. The replaced it with a walk through of the same show. We watched it and it was a work through where you could tell the performers did not care. Still fun to watch. This show was cancelled due to an injury. I am guessing who it was and i think the performer was trying to see if they could make it through the show. The did the show right after that at 9:30. Little did we know it would be the last show we would see. As Fly with me, Cats, and all remaining water shows were cancelled. They added a variety show as if that could make up for those. Some of the movies that i wanted to see were also replaced with other movies ... sigh. In case you were wondering a part broke into the pool leaking hydraulic fluid. It had to be drained, cleaned, and fixed and another part broke in the Opal that they did not have on board.

The last day on the ship was our favorite. Too bad it too so long to get things rolling by then as our frustration level was pretty high.

They better fix all of this before I cruise on the Oasis in November, or I'll be marching into the Captain's personal quarters to ask him what kind of jury-rigged excuse of a ship he's running!

A quite bit melodramatic are you?

We were trying to decide between the 7/15 sailing and the 7/22 sailing.

I keep hearing "you chose poorly." in my head.

The three of us are using the words disappointing and frustrating. Cancellation was theme for the week.

I will write my review this week but for now I will leave these items:

- We were very excited to get on board, so like most people we headed to Windjammer. We got there early enough that the place was not overrun yet. That was nice. Then I sat down in the chair and i found a chunk missing in the padding and a slit in the padding. I know I know a chair shouldn't be that big of a deal but when I see something so run down within 20 minutes of being on the ship it put me on edge.

- The elevators. wow. They could not be trusted. You can press the button, you may or may not get there. There as times where you would get on an elevator and it would go up. Stop at 5 stops and with the 6th stop lit up it would skip it and go back down. The elevators became a joke between the passengers. We still kept taking them but every trip was an adventure. The buttons are back lit with blue and just barely a brighter blue when they are selected.

- Cancel, cancel, cancel. We pay extra to go on Oasis class. We expect some entertainment. In fairness very little was RCCL's fault but it goes back to my poor choice. The first water show was cancelled. The replaced it with a walk through of the same show. We watched it and it was a work through where you could tell the performers did not care. Still fun to watch. This show was cancelled due to an injury. I am guessing who it was and i think the performer was trying to see if they could make it through the show. The did the show right after that at 9:30. Little did we know it would be the last show we would see. As Fly with me, Cats, and all remaining water shows were cancelled. They added a variety show as if that could make up for those. Some of the movies that i wanted to see were also replaced with other movies ... sigh. In case you were wondering a part broke into the pool leaking hydraulic fluid. It had to be drained, cleaned, and fixed and another part broke in the Opal that they did not have on board.

The last day on the ship was our favorite. Too bad it too so long to get things rolling by then as our frustration level was pretty high.

That really is too bad if you believe that the shows are a major part of your cruising. I get it.

We rarely go to any of the shows so this would not made any impact on us.

Did they offer any kind of OBC for the cancellations for a big part of what they offer for entertainment?

The elevators and cushion could happen anywhere but in addition to the shows which were important to you, it may have been a bigger deal at the time.

Hope your next cruise goes better for you. :)

They better fix all of this before I cruise on the Oasis in November, or I'll be marching into the Captain's personal quarters to ask him what kind of jury-rigged excuse of a ship he's running!

Don't count on it. Oasis is going in for a major 100 million dollar refurb in Sep/Oct 2019. She will just muddle along until then. Switch your booking over to Symphony. We will be coming back on her transatlantic in Nov.

So sorry! Sounds disappointing. Why’d they cancel production shows? High seas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first diving show was an injury.

The shows in Opal were cancelled because of a broken part that did not have on ship and could not make one. Had the done the shows the performers would have been at risk. i understand but i dont have to like it.

That really is too bad if you believe that the shows are a major part of your cruising. I get it.

We rarely go to any of the shows so this would not made any impact on us.

Did they offer any kind of OBC for the cancellations for a big part of what they offer for entertainment?

The elevators and cushion could happen anywhere but in addition to the shows which were important to you, it may have been a bigger deal at the time.

Hope your next cruise goes better for you. :)

nothing was offered, they just changed the shows to variety shows. If i want a variety show i will turn on the Gong Show

Agreed about the elevators. It became comical but at the start it just added to the mess.

Don't count on it. Oasis is going in for a major 100 million dollar refurb in Sep/Oct 2019. She will just muddle along until then. Switch your booking over to Symphony. We will be coming back on her transatlantic in Nov.

It needs the reburb. It really did look dirty.

This is disturbing, we are sailing in October and we picked this ship over several others. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but we are looking forward to the entertainment on the ship. I understand this poster feels they did not get what they paid for and were unhappy. But if you look a few post downs another cruiser posted a glowing review of the Oasis and they sailed a week prior to this poster. I am hoping it will be favorable sailing for us!

This is disturbing, we are sailing in October and we picked this ship over several others. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but we are looking forward to the entertainment on the ship. I understand this poster feels they did not get what they paid for and were unhappy. But if you look a few post downs another cruiser posted a glowing review of the Oasis and they sailed a week prior to this poster. I am hoping it will be favorable sailing for us!

I'm disturbed because if you filter the cruise line reviews to RCCL, then subfilter down to The Oasis....most of the reviews recently are pretty disturbing.

This will be my first RCCL cruise, switching from NCL, and the theme through all of the reviews is that things are broken, there are incredibly long lines for everything, and RCCL has taken nickel and diming passengers to the next level, with cabin staff asking prepaid gratuity folks for extra tips, wait staff telling passengers that they don't get any of the prepaid gratuities and need separate tips, and mandatory 18% gratuities being added to everything, from spin classes to cupcake making classes to spa treatments.

It's really disconcerting.

I am really confused ?? We were also on the same same cruise and watched all the shows except for Cats because we didn't want to watch it. It was very easy to see a show if you didn't have reservations. We would just wander in every night and watch. There were plenty of seats in the upper area and you could see fine. We didn't hear or see of any show being cancelled.

I am really confused ?? We were also on the same same cruise and watched all the shows except for Cats because we didn't want to watch it. It was very easy to see a show if you didn't have reservations. We would just wander in every night and watch. There were plenty of seats in the upper area and you could see fine. We didn't hear or see of any show being cancelled.

My oasis cruise is November 4th, my wife booked our stuff via the Cruise planner and we're already getting notices of shows being canceled.

My oasis cruise is November 4th, my wife booked our stuff via the Cruise planner and we're already getting notices of shows being canceled.

What shows are being canceled? Typically, if they cancel a show this far out it is because there is going to be a major turnover in the cast. They will cancel shows early in the week and add more shows later in the week so the new cast can rehearse on the ship. The new cast trains in Miami before joining the ship, but they still have to get used to doing the full show on a moving ship.

Ha Ha Ha. This is the funniest post I’ve read in a very long time. Thanks for posting.:):cool:

My husband and I were on this cruise. We had the aqua show scheduled at the beginning of the week and they kept rescheduling it because of a hydraulic problem. We never did get to see it but understood Safety First. They also cancelled Come Fly With Me with no explanation. Instead they put together some variety show. And I also heard that they cancelled Cats later showing; we had seen it earlier in the week. Because of all the cancellations it was obvious they were trying to figure out what to do instead and had a parade on the Promenade. Don't get me wrong we had a wonderful week, a wonderful cruise and we love Oasis of the Seas. And I'm sure they were doing the best they could do. It just really is a shame. As far as the ship we did notice some seats were torn in the Windjammer but all in all it looked really good.