Food on Princess Cays?

SCPNP

Can anyone tell me what food is served at the BBQ/Buffet on Princess Cays? I am vegetarian. Making sure there will be something I can eat. If not, is it possible to smuggle off a vegetarian deli sandwich if I have a lunchbag cooler?

Thanks!

Please don't break the rules and smuggle off a sandwich. There are reasons for these rules - it protects the islands. Fell free to bring ashore pre-boxed food. There are salads and plenty of things to eat - and if you don't like what you see, just run back to the ship for an hour.

oh, I honestly didn't realize you couldn't "smuggle" off a sandwich! Honestly! I was using smuggle as a funny term. I haven't cruised since 2004 and I didn't realize the rules. No harm meant. I definitely won't do this.

Can anyone tell me what food is served at the BBQ/Buffet on Princess Cays? I am vegetarian. Making sure there will be something I can eat. If not, is it possible to smuggle off a vegetarian deli sandwich if I have a lunchbag cooler?

Thanks!

I remember there being a variety of non-meat foods - but also a lot of flies:o If we return I would plan to eat a large breakfast before heading over then having a late lunch when we return. The food was ok, but nothing exciting. Maybe pack protein bars to take on shore excursion for emergencies?

Another thought is the level of vegetarian you practice. Many of the salads might have egg, butter, or cheese used in them. Veggie burgers may be an option, but might be prepared on the same grill as meat.

Please don't break the rules and smuggle off a sandwich. There are reasons for these rules - it protects the islands. Fell free to bring ashore pre-boxed food. There are salads and plenty of things to eat - and if you don't like what you see, just run back to the ship for an hour.

The rules might be different at Princess Cays since all of the food comes from the ship in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

They have salads and fruit, but even as a meat eater I don't find that there's much good food to eat. I usually have a larger breakfast, a light lunch/snack on the island and then grab something on the ship when I'm done with the beach for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wonder why they do not do something about the flies.

Going there for the first time in 2 months and can see us going back to the ship for lunch if the flies are so annoying

"If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies."

Wonder why they do not do something about the flies.

Going there for the first time in 2 months and can see us going back to the ship for lunch if the flies are so annoying

You guys will have a great time. What ship are you taking over there? The flies are rough but they aren’t too bad.

One of these days we have to cruise together!

You guys will have a great time. What ship are you taking over there? The flies are rough but they aren’t too bad.

One of these days we have to cruise together!

Conquest.

However the vast majority of our cruises these days are Princess going around Europe.

Have gotten bored with Carnival in the Caribbean and these days want to see the world.

I was there today and I’m a vegetarian. They had salad, a cous cous dish, fried rice, cole slaw, broccoli salad, chips and salsa, a squash dish, and fruits. Unfortunately the potato salad had bacon. There were also several desserts. I did not ask about veggie burgers. I was certainly full when I finished my lunch.

I only had to shoo away one fly!

I was there today and I’m a vegetarian. They had salad, a cous cous dish, fried rice, cole slaw, broccoli salad, chips and salsa, a squash dish, and fruits. Unfortunately the potato salad had bacon. There were also several desserts. I did not ask about veggie burgers. I was certainly full when I finished my lunch.

I only had to shoo away one fly!

Thanks for the info, good to hear only one fly hopefully his brothers and sisters will stay away

Conquest.

However the vast majority of our cruises these days are Princess going around Europe.

Have gotten bored with Carnival in the Caribbean and these days want to see the world.

Understood completely.

We put our Baltic cruise on hold in favor of doing Antarctica and Cape Horn while Princess sails there and we’re able to find the time to go away for 3 weeks. Soon though, we’ll get back to Europe. Maybe we’ll cross paths!

Enjoy Conquest though and Princess Cays is a nice place to spend the day. Not as nice as HMC but still very nice.

Understood completely.

We put our Baltic cruise on hold in favor of doing Antarctica and Cape Horn while Princess sails there and we’re able to find the time to go away for 3 weeks. Soon though, we’ll get back to Europe. Maybe we’ll cross paths!

Enjoy Conquest though and Princess Cays is a nice place to spend the day. Not as nice as HMC but still very nice.

Antarctica is sure on our bucket list. Enjoy. Baltics though were our favorite itinerary to date