Nickel and dime before 1st cruise starts

I understand that. Just wasn’t sure what being D+ had to do with not getting the drink packages. Didn’t same apply when you were Diamond?

Looking forward to the D+ 30% off DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never bought a drinks package,we had a free deluxe package as part of a UK promotion last year.

Even before we were Diamond and now D+ we always paid for our drinks when we wanted them because it was never cost effective for us and I rarely drink alcohol during the day because it tends to make me feel groggy.

I prefer beers and Pauline drinks mainly non alcoholic drinks except when we go to the DL.

I have never criticised anyone for getting drinks packages because it is everyone's perogative to do what pleases them.

Just curious, why does alcohol and coffee impact bypass? I know about soda.

I had the bypass as well, but this guy is a model patient. I drink coffee, diet soda and alcohol.

We're supposed to follow our doctor's recommendations for post-op life and the recommendations tend to differ between doctor to doctor.

The coffee is probably a caffeine thing.

I know that I have a much lower tolerance to alcohol now as the bypass affects digestion. The stomach is emptying into a different part of the intestine, so that seems to make a bit of a difference on the absorption rate and metabolism of the alcohol. It takes very little for me to feel the effects of drinking, so I have to be careful as it will sneak up on me. The alcohol goes to the bloodstream much faster and at a higher concentration because of the way gastric bypass patients metabolize it.

We have never bought a drinks package,we had a free deluxe package as part of a UK promotion last year.

Even before we were Diamond and now D+ we always paid for our drinks when we wanted them because it was never cost effective for us and I rarely drink alcohol during the day because it tends to make me feel groggy.

I prefer beers and Pauline drinks mainly non alcoholic drinks except when we go to the DL.

I have never criticised anyone for getting drinks packages because it is everyone's perogative to do what pleases them.

So being D+ really has nothing to do with or without the Drink Package?

So being D+ really has nothing to do with or without the Drink Package?

I think it does. Potentially 3 bottles of wine and two beer in cabin. Happy hour drinks for 3+ hours every evening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think it does. Potentially 3 bottles of wine and two beer in cabin. Happy hour drinks for 3+ hours every evening.

Read post #74. Actually it doesn’t matter to them what level they are, they don’t buy the Drink Package regardless. History.

You absolutely can, and they'll just move on. But you will continue to encounter it.

They don't move on, the passenger does. In my experience, these people don't approach anyone, they are behind a table or kiosk and if YOU don't stop to talk to them, there is no hassel. I have never been pestered by anyone wanting to sell me something in over 20 cruises with RCCL. I just keep on truckin....no problem. I don't engage whatsoever...even with the photo people who are pretty mouthy. I just walk on by smiling. And...the most aggresive sales pitches end by the second or third day. The tables are much less noticable after boarding day. Don't sweat the small stuff...enjoy your cruise!:halo:

They don't move on, the passenger does. In my experience, these people don't approach anyone, they are behind a table or kiosk and if YOU don't stop to talk to them, there is no hassel. I have never been pestered by anyone wanting to sell me something in over 20 cruises with RCCL. I just keep on truckin....no problem. I don't engage whatsoever...even with the photo people who are pretty mouthy. I just walk on by smiling. And...the most aggresive sales pitches end by the second or third day. The tables are much less noticable after boarding day. Don't sweat the small stuff...enjoy your cruise!:halo:
Exactly! My experience too! And for stating this, I was branded a "troll" and told to "go away" by mjwaverunner. It appears that he has run away!

Read post #74. Actually it doesn’t matter to them what level they are, they don’t buy the Drink Package regardless. History.

I read it as they dont find value in drink package. Just like us.

They also stroll through the dining venues. Jammer, Chops, outside MDR, etc..

Exactly! My experience too! And for stating this, I was branded a "troll" and told to "go away" by mjwaverunner. It appears that he has run away!
Newbie, Troll, Loyalist, Post Whore, etc...

It takes a village.

Did you feel that way as Diamond? As Emerald? They don’t like the package period. Had nothing to being D+. Maybe for you it was different.

As D+....... not sure it mattered to them.

I find it interesting that the OP was able to get some info from someone about the alcohol package or else he/she would not have a letter from a doctor regarding drinking onboard. That same person who gave the info, didn't give all the info and now it's the cruise line's fault that he/she has to get the refreshment package if the cabin mate wants to buy the alcohol package.

I guess if he/she felt that is nickel and diming, how would he/she handle cruising on another line where both have to buy the alcohol package if one wants it or no one gets it? As mentioned, no one is forcing the alcohol package on anyone.

There are lots of sales pitches onboard, but I haven't had any more on Royal Caribbean than I have on other lines. If the OP has cancel for any reason insurance, perhaps he/she should cut the losses and forget going on this cruise as it is very obvious he/she is going to be miserable the entire week.

I wonder how he/she found this board now, when all along he/she could have gotten tons of info BEFORE booking, instead of complaining as is happening now. JMO.

Did you feel that way as Diamond? As Emerald? They don’t like the package period. Had nothing to being D+. Maybe for you it was different.

No packages when Diamond. I just dont see value, rather pay for what I drink. I will buy the punch cards.

Never was Emerald. Didn't exist then.

Thanks John that's exactly what I meant especially as we can have free drinks in the DL/CL.

I will always listen if they are pushing the Speciality restaurants because we like them plus it gives us an opportunity to get a really good deal.

46 cruises and 1 (because it was a free promotion drinks package).

We do not drink much so it has never or will ever appeal to us.

So if you (General terms) don’t ever buy the package, what does being D+ matter?

A few C&A alcoholic beverages in our cabin plus CL access.

Not much extra benefit between Diamond and D+ until you reach Pinnacle.

I find it interesting that the OP was able to get some info from someone about the alcohol package or else he/she would not have a letter from a doctor regarding drinking onboard. That same person who gave the info, didn't give all the info and now it's the cruise line's fault that he/she has to get the refreshment package if the cabin mate wants to buy the alcohol package.

I guess if he/she felt that is nickel and diming, how would he/she handle cruising on another line where both have to buy the alcohol package if one wants it or no one gets it? As mentioned, no one is forcing the alcohol package on anyone.

There are lots of sales pitches onboard, but I haven't had any more on Royal Caribbean than I have on other lines. If the OP has cancel for any reason insurance, perhaps he/she should cut the losses and forget going on this cruise as it is very obvious he/she is going to be miserable the entire week.

I wonder how he/she found this board now, when all along he/she could have gotten tons of info BEFORE booking, instead of complaining as is happening now. JMO.

Why do you find it interesting that I got info about the alcohol package? It’s really not that hard to understand, I purchased it for my husband and I have a medical note from my doctor. What makes you so sure I’m going to have a miserable time on my cruise? I find it interesting that you’re making that judgement and you don’t even know me.