St. Kitts Questions

Sybird

:cool:

Planning to be in St Kitts while on the Escape in January. Does NCL offer tours to The Scenic Railway and/or South Friars Beach?

Would a "private " tour be a better ($$$) idea?

Thanks

Sy

I went on the " Grand Tour" twice and, with the exception of a few details (but I can sometimes be PIA picky), I truly enjoyed it both times. The groups are not big, they are knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. I don't think you'd go wrong if you decide to go the "private" (as in non-NCL) route with them

Planning to be in St Kitts while on the Escape in January. Does NCL offer tours to The Scenic Railway and/or South Friars Beach?

Thanks

Sy

I would not do the Railway .I suggest that you read reviews by people who took the tour before you book .

Just a suggestion

I went on the " Grand Tour" twice and, with the exception of a few details (but I can sometimes be PIA picky), I truly enjoyed it both times. The groups are not big, they are knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. I don't think you'd go wrong if you decide to go the "private" (as in non-NCL) route with them

We had Thenford Grey’s brother Sackville. “Choices, it’s all about choices.” He repeated that over and over....great tour.

If you want a wonderful beach day, we went to the Carambola Beach Club on St Friar’s beach last year. It was $30 to reserve 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. We took a taxi from the pier for $16. Check it out online. You can also reserve it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mr Grey is a pure pleasure to talk to, he reminded me of one part Morgan Freeman and one part James Earl Jones. Coming back from the tour we spoke at length about his life's history. Just a real neat guy

Thanks

Sy

if you wish a beach hotel/resort day away from T'erds and Babylon of beaches, then go to the Marriott. If a great beach bar, then forget Carambola and it's T'erds and go to Sunshine's on Nevis.

Thanks

Sy

I lived on St Kitts a few years back. I highly recommend Liz Pereira's tours

lizpereiratours@yahoo.com http://www.lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com

Prices are very reasonable and experience is amazing - very well reviewed by past customers.

St Kitts Marriott is beautiful, but the beach is on the Atlantic side. I highly recommend visiting one of the Caribbean side beaches instead - calmer waves and more beautiful.