Weather in Alaska September 1 Ruby Princess Cruise

Firsttimer9

doing 7 day on Ruby Princess, September 1. Wondering if anyone has been during this time and how was weather and appreciate suggestions on clothes. Heard layer layer clothes like Tee shirt, long sleeved shirt and rain Jacket. Does rain jacket need to be lined? Thanks much! :D

doing 7 day on Ruby Princess, September 1. Wondering if anyone has been during this time and how was weather and appreciate suggestions on clothes. Heard layer layer clothes like Tee shirt, long sleeved shirt and rain Jacket. Does rain jacket need to be lined? Thanks much! :D

Hi there! I'm afraid it really doesn't matter who has been at this time or not - the weather in Alaska can be different from day to day, even hour to hour. We have been a few times, once with sunny clear skies and once with torrential downpours. Take shorts and tees, jeans and long sleeves. I found a sleeveless vest to be invaluable. Pack your layers as suggested (you can take the lined coat, or where it on the plane to save the weight in your suitcase). Check the weather forecast a few days ahead of time to finalize your lacking list.

Go with a light attitude to expect anything, and enjoy your vacation. :)

We went last year in early September.

Pack for layers with a waterproof outer

We were rainy in Juneau, drenched in Sitka, cloudy and cool in Glacier Bay, Sunny and warm in Ketchikan and Sunny but cool when the sun set in Victoria, BC

You never know what you're gonna get, so best be prepared for everything

There are lots of good weather or I should say climate sites on the WEB. Check them out. That said, in AK, if you usually do not like the current weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change especially in the southern rain forest area of AK.

However, in the spirit of 'there is an exception to every rule", we did one land trip wher we spent a number of days in Juneau, Ketchikan and Prince Rupert. It rained continuously and hard for the full the full time we were there. It was awful. So it can happen.

DON

Just like at your home, the weather is not certain until that day. Wait to pack until the last minute, after looking at all the forecasts (online) for each of the ports of call. Then you will know and can pack accordingly.

Temps could be as low as in the 30's to as high as the 80's. It could be rainy all day every day or you might not see a cloud the entire trip. It could be windy or it could be clam. In AK you pack for all possibilities and take layers.

The odds say you will have rain as it is a rainy month.

With that said you just never know.

It might be rain, might be sunny, might be overcast.

But I would say that in other months as well.

I would still go then and the key is to bring clothing to layer.

Keith