The Sky Princess

Lucky TGO

I am really interested in their new concept and I spend almost all my pool time at the retreat pool on the Royal Class ships . I am really curious if they will be any perks for staying in a Sky level room as some other cruise companies have done with similar areas .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am really interested in their new concept and I spend almost all my pool time at the retreat pool on the Royal Class ships . I am really curious if they will be any perks for staying in a Sky level room as some other cruise companies have done with similar areas .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you book one of the two Sky Suites on deck 18 you will receive full suite benefits just like any other full suite on the ship. You will be able to view & hear MUTS from your cabin.

"SWEEPING VISTAS AND THE LARGEST BALCONY AT SEA

Exclusive doesn’t begin to describe the experience. Crowning the heights of Sky Princess®, each of the ship’s two Sky Suites hosts up to five guests, dazzling you with a 270-degree panorama throughout your voyage. Complementing the exquisitely appointed interior living spaces, a luxuriously furnished 700-square-foot balcony – the largest at sea – invites you to relax privately or host your own celebrations or catered events."

I made a mistake in that I meant deck 17 / Sun , the level the Retreat Pool is located on . I am curious if they will create any special access privileges to the retreat pool in a similar fashion to what Carnival is doing with the Havana area on their latest ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made a mistake in that I meant deck 17 / Sun , the level the Retreat Pool is located on . I am curious if they will create any special access privileges to the retreat pool in a similar fashion to what Carnival is doing with the Havana area on their latest ships.

My guess is no.

Tony

I am curious if they will create any special access privileges to the retreat pool in a similar fashion to what Carnival is doing with the Havana area on their latest ships.

There are no pools requiring "special access privileges" on any Princess ship. Let's hope that day never comes.

And beyond the Retreat Pool, there is no information at all about the outdoor bars and eateries on the open decks. Nor of the buffet itself, beyond the deck plans labeling it as the horrid "World Fresh Marketplace" rather than Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro as on Royal and Regal. Could it be that these areas are still in the process of final design with little more than a year to launch, along with how the Retreat Pool will be fitted out and accessed when surrounded by cabins?

[Yes I know there are tiny splash pools within the paid area of The Sanctuary on Sun, Sea and Coral Princess. Would those really count?]

They know that it will not look appealing, when it looks almost like an indoor pool when totally enclosed like one.

I am hoping that they are holding off on any images because this is still a work/design in progress.

When you look at booking the Sky Princess, there are three cabins there, on either side of the forward section, like from the forward (not aft) end of the pool to the bar, that are not shown as bookable cabins. Looks like a 30 foot open area. I am hoping that, at the VERY least, they are going to leave this as open, sea-view seating/lounge area, and please please please, Princess "DO NOT TOTALLY ENCLOSE THE RETREAT POOL!!!!"

They know that it will not look appealing, when it looks almost like an indoor pool when totally enclosed like one.

I am hoping that they are holding off on any images because this is still a work/design in progress.

When you look at booking the Sky Princess, there are three cabins there, on either side of the forward section, like from the forward (not aft) end of the pool to the bar, that are not shown as bookable cabins. Looks like a 30 foot open area. I am hoping that, at the VERY least, they are going to leave this as open, sea-view seating/lounge area, and please please please, Princess "DO NOT TOTALLY ENCLOSE THE RETREAT POOL!!!!"

I can’t imagine that they have started building a ship without a complete design/engineering already in place. Especially the location of a pool...the engineering would be specific for that much weight. They can’t just decide as they go where pools are going to be located. Aesthetically things could probably be revised, but even then within limits.

No, what I am talking about is not a major design or engineering change. What is shown on the current deck plans as three cabins on both sides of the bar and Retreat Pool is clearly shown as 'blank' when you pull up the booking engine. No cabins to book there.

There is no change to pool location, bar location, or any other engineering logistics.

There can be, and sometimes are, decor, design, and sometimes small changes/adjustments to the deck plans, this far in advance.

And, If I understand correctly, sections of cabins can be pre-fab, and simply set into place during construction.

So, this could, possibly, and hopefully, be a foreseeable change/option????

My fear would be that, if we were lucky enough for Princes to realize that they need some open, sea-view area there at the Retreat Pool/bar, is that they will then place the FOR RENT cabana's there. Which adds no public space, and makes this a for-profit space.

For passengers who do not have that in their budget, or who are unable to reserve one when they are all taken... that does not improve anything for them.