MSC Ocean Cay

Debmacd

Yes they are working on it - feverishly from what I'm told from a friend of mine who works at MSC in FLL. Last year's hurricane season put a huge dent in the schedule throughout the Caribbean because of the need for building materials and personnel throughout all the islands that were hard hit by the storms last season. MSC has been able to do a little better than most because they do have their own cargo shipping company as well, but still they are working behind the power curve. The original opening date was pushed back a couple of times - then removed from the itineraries altogether, and now back on for Nov 2019. I'm hoping this year's Atlantic hurricane season is light, and they can surprise us all by opening Ocean Cay before the busy 2019 summer cruising season. We sail aboard Season June 29, 2019 and a stop at Ocean Can would be a thousand times better than Nassau.

I booked a cruise on the Seaside almost 2 years before its January 2018 sailing date to be on a new ship and to experience the new island. I thought the Seaside would be too big but I really wanted Ocean Cay. Many cruisers cancelled when they heard that Ocean Cay wouldn't be open but we went anyway. Loved the Seaside, hated Nassau. Next MSC cruise is this November on the Divina but it doesn't stop at Nassau. After that I won't book my next MSC cruise until I know that Ocean Cay is open. Bob

News from our cruise last month...from the Seaside Captain and VP of MSC Cruises US. Ocean Cay will be open by end of November 2019. If you check itineraries from 19 November on Ocean Cay is there.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

News from our cruise last month...from the Seaside Captain and VP of MSC Cruises US. Ocean Cay will be open by end of November 2019. If you check itineraries from 19 November on Ocean Cay is there.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Ocean Cay was also on the itinerary for my January 2018 cruise when I booked it in 2016. Then it was delayed until Oct 2018, then Oct 2019 and now Nov 2019. I don't blame MSC except for being overly optimistic. I am thinking of booking a cruise in December of 2019 but am waiting to get the official word that Ocean Cay is ready for visitors. Bob

Ocean Cay was also on the itinerary for my January 2018 cruise when I booked it in 2016. Then it was delayed until Oct 2018, then Oct 2019 and now Nov 2019. I don't blame MSC except for being overly optimistic. I am thinking of booking a cruise in December of 2019 but am waiting to get the official word that Ocean Cay is ready for visitors. Bob

Actually, the first time arriving in Ocean Cay, is scheduled to be Nov. 13th.

Hi Bob ... We are on the Meraviglia Xmas sailing 2019 which currently has Ocean Cay as a port.
Thanks Dave and I hope that happens. If I get brave and book for December 2019 it will be a cruise that includes December 6th, my wife's Birthday. Bob

I'm already booked for December on Seaside, hoping that Ocean Cay stays on the itinerary.