Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

23 hours ago, wine-wine-wine said:

Another thing I've had fun with is watching Pierre Grime's lectures on Plato and Proclus.

I'm 1/3 through the 90 minutes; it really is interesting!

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

does that mean he's a tall, cool drink of water??  Asking for a friend...

Well, I'm not sure, but I would suggest your friend be prepared for a platonic relationship...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife goes out with lady friends for lunch, texts me about 4 PM to pick her up, it means she's had a bit to drink & we'll leave her car at the restaurant, ok, no problem.

On way home, wife says you can't turn here, but I know I can, and say way too loudly "just let me drive!"

Wife up in bed now, has maybe said two words to me tonight, I'm here with a 2nd glass of sauv blanc wondering why I overreacted and not knowing who should apologize...

So here's the Book of Love song, by airborne with the Calder Quartet from Disney Hall in Florida, as usual only if you're in the mood for music, in this case a bit introspective.  Love the strings,,, who was it that was worried about posting too much on the cooler?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Wife goes out with lady friends for lunch, texts me about 4 PM to pick her up, it means she's had a bit to drink & we'll leave her car at the restaurant, ok, no problem.

On way home, wife says you can't turn here, but I know I can, and say way too loudly "just let me drive!"

Wife up in bed now, has maybe said two words to me tonight, I'm here with a 2nd glass of sauv blanc wondering why I overreacted and not knowing who should apologize...

So here's the Book of Love song, by airborne with the Calder Quartet from Disney Hall in Florida, as usual only if you're in the mood for music, in this case a bit introspective.  Love the strings,,, who was it that was worried about posting too much on the cooler?  

You and your wife sound like my husband and I, we all have those moments 🙂.

My husband and I sometimes take a turn and apologise even if we don't actually think we are to blame. It isn't a big thing and everyone gets back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

all good here, sorry about that to you all, we were both wrong; we need a cruise...Hey, its Saturday night, time to be happy! 🙂

We all need to cruise Que!  It's now the little niggles that are becoming more like ice picks than the former sensation of a gentle elbow jab!  The lasting effects of our various struggles with the nasty will continue to play out !  Keep the faith! 😁

• Like 1

We have opened a NZ sauvignon blanc, 2020 Infamous Goose, one I knew we both liked. 

Late 2023 we're booked on the Muse out of Auckland, maybe we should arrive a week or so early to sample more of these excellent wines!  Time for a 2nd glass, cheers everyone!

• Like 4

Happy Saturday all. We cooked duck breast with raspberry sauce for dinner.

20211009_174238.thumb.jpg.4c827cf71c66b54ccdfa63b99d30e92e.jpg

Served with Domaine Serene Pinot Noir. 

Now off to the wine cellar/ dance floor to burn a few calories. A different bottle may get opened. One never knows...

Glad all is well QSS.

• Like 6

Originally, I thought we were going to make chicken parmigiana with a lightly seasoned ribboned yellow squash tonight.  But, in the end, we decided on chicken thighs in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and fettuccine ribboned yellow squash with lemon, mint, and feta.  In cre di ble!  

87B74088-0798-448C-8407-402CA581944D.thumb.jpeg.d764c8aff22c3f7a793d5de4dc5fa671.jpeg

We paired it with a magnum of a big buttery Napa Chardonnay from Lewis Cellars, 2009.  Pure perfection.

18F2655D-922F-426F-AFEC-996010D23DB9.thumb.jpeg.d1aaa3551f86d2941d31665992e0326a.jpeg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Originally, I thought we were going to make chicken parmigiana with a lightly seasoned ribboned yellow squash tonight.  But, in the end, we decided on chicken thighs in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and fettuccine ribboned yellow squash with lemon, mint, and feta.  In cre di ble!  

87B74088-0798-448C-8407-402CA581944D.thumb.jpeg.d764c8aff22c3f7a793d5de4dc5fa671.jpeg

We paired it with a magnum of a big buttery Napa Chardonnay from Lewis Cellars, 2009.  Pure perfection.

18F2655D-922F-426F-AFEC-996010D23DB9.thumb.jpeg.d1aaa3551f86d2941d31665992e0326a.jpeg

food #2.jpg

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

food #2.jpg

Mind you I am very guilty of doing the same thing 😁. Especially when my youngest son creates some of his amazing Asian food. I think it is because as a small child he was so difficult and ate the blandest and smallest food groups and now he introduces us to so many different spices and food styles. So there is always hope without needing to use a sledgehammer approach.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Happy Saturday all. We cooked duck breast with raspberry sauce for dinner.

20211009_174238.thumb.jpg.4c827cf71c66b54ccdfa63b99d30e92e.jpg

Served with Domaine Serene Pinot Noir. 

Now off to the wine cellar/ dance floor to burn a few calories. A different bottle may get opened. One never knows...

Glad all is well QSS.

Yum, love duck with raspberry  sauce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1