Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Oh bugger. I’m only about 12 miles away from the TA cable landing point so god only knows what the poor buggers down south must be experiencing. Maybe Elon has a point. I’m dreading tomorrow. My 13 year old Incredible gentleman sprocker is going in for x-rays for a mass on his spleen and my 7 month old pup is in for full bloods after his litter sister has been diagnosed with a cognitive congenital brain disorder. He is the sweetest boy ever but struggles to walk or run. Hopefully I’ll just end up with a wonky pup and an old boy that is with us for a good while longer. Harvey has had a new lease of life only a few days after being given a miracle drug to stop his arthritis pain. I’m not sure how I’ll cope if the news isn’t good. At least Kitties problem was easily solved. She had a lump on her teet. The vet stuck a needle in and got sprayed up his sleeve. A Simple Cyst. Kitty and Rosie slept in this position for over an hour ago yesterday hugging each other but looking back at the pic, it does look like she’s strangling her.

02B36907-6FEB-4DE2-BF2D-EF214578AACD.jpeg

Sending my best vibes for a positive outcome for your dear furry friends DW!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

307153889_1694769114249214_522863409187102853_n.jpg.426f7f94cc15eb85197754848a0c9db1.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

I’ve been doing this using my camera for quite some time. Fortunately nobody thinks it strange that I only take photos going uphill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you all for your lovely thoughts. They mean a great deal.Gentleman Harvey does indeed have a mass on his spleen about the size of a melon. Vet seems very hopeful. I’m just in 2 minds about the op. He is perfectly happy and healthy and not facing any immediate danger. I’m tempted to wait a while. The mass is probably benign.

Little Bertie has had his bloods taken to rule out a few things but the Vet believes it’s a neurological condition he’s developing. His litter sister is showing all of the same symptoms. They’re both very special little men. Anyway here are some happy pics of my boys. 

12DF280F-1730-4206-AAEC-47B20EAAF8FD.jpeg

83648219-C326-4F4D-BF9E-8BF1A963BB48.jpeg

C4B7844C-C143-4D98-9FB2-43B9CAFBC6BA.jpeg

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

here are some happy pics of my boys. 

Love these happy pics, made me happy just looking at them!

43 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

All those in favor of a second nap, please raise your paw

Thats so adorable & funny too 🙂

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I will anyway 🙂

Has anyone used private drivers/cars in Italy, Switzerland, Germany?

We are travelling with our kids and grandkids (10,13) next July, flying into Milan. Then we go to Bellagio, onto Zurich and end in Munich. This is where we part company, we fly to UK to sail on Nova’s inaugural cruise, they fly home.

If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. We have booked through Am Ex, they use Blacklane who get mixed reviews.Looking online just adds to the confusion.

18 minutes ago, Joc123 said:

We are travelling with our kids and grandkids (10,13) next July, flying into Milan. Then we go to Bellagio, onto Zurich and end in Munich. This is where we part company, we fly to UK to sail on Nova’s inaugural cruise, they fly home.

If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. We have booked through Am Ex, they use Blacklane who get mixed reviews.Looking online just adds to the confusion.

This is a great place to ask!  If one of our awesome Cooler denizens can help they will.  Unfortunately,  I personally don't have the info or experience you need!  Hang tight! 😁

7 hours ago, Joc123 said:

My TA highly recommended MyDayTrip (https://mydaytrip.com), which offers customized limo service throughout Europe.  I recently used them for the first time going from Padua to Ravenna, and the service was excellent.  So I have now booked five trips with them in Portugal, going from Lisbon to Porto in 3 stages for a river cruise, then from Porto back got Lisbon in 2 stages.  In each case I was able to add one or more sightseeing stops (e.g. Lisbon to Tomar via Alcobaça Monastery and Batalha Monastery) and specify the type of vehicle we want (2 people but lots of luggage so we asked for an MPV...)  Their website is very user friendly, and their email replies have been very reassuring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the recommendation, that is one company we found online but thought it sounded like Uber.

It helps to hear from someone who has actually used them.

Several years ago we used a company to drive us from Como to Venice but I can’t for the life of me remember who it was.