Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I can't really believe it but I've accidentally gone and booked myself on a cruise for Jan 24, on Celebrity Edge! Fortunately there are 2 dear friends on the same cruise but I've never been on such a big ship (2900) but she does look a beauty. Usually I do a ton of research first but this has been minimal this time and as it is, most of the places at the top of the list (Singapore, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Thailand, Brazil and Argentina) make it illegal to use a vape so Australia and New Zealand have been bumped up to the top of the list! (Aus is ok with a doctors prescription and NZ no problem). Initial plans are to fly into Perth for a few days, cross the continent on the Indian Pacific train to Sydney, backtrack a little on an indulgent pilgrimage to Broken Hill, Fly back to Sydney, Cruise over to New Zealand and then back to Sydney, a few days stay, a couple of nights trip to Uluru and then home. I Think I can stretch to 28 nights. So with much excitement about the trip along with a smattering of apprehension re sailing my first mainstream line in nearly 20 years the planning commences! My actual point of antipode is somewhere off the coast of South Island in the vicinity of Dunedin which I'll be visiting on the 17th Jan, so let the journey, quite literally, to the other side of the world commence!

You're probably on top of all this already, but if you are looking at where to stay at Uluru then take a look at:

https://longitude131.com.au/

It's amazing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tothesunset said:

Every bit. We had 2 nights there 15 years ago. It was the highlight of our holiday of a lifetime. 

I'm really tempted but I'm Grizzling over the $8,400 for 2 nights for a solo. I Always begrudge a 100% supplement, It leaves me with the feeling that if I'm paying exactly double then my partner should be there to enjoy it too! I Don't mind so much if it's less of a supplement. Where would you recommend in Sydney?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I'm really tempted but I'm Grizzling over the $8,400 for 2 nights for a solo. I Always begrudge a 100% supplement, It leaves me with the feeling that if I'm paying exactly double then my partner should be there to enjoy it too! I Don't mind so much if it's less of a supplement. Where would you recommend in Sydney?

I thought it was 4200 per tent not per person. At 4200 I'd say it's worth the blow-out but not at 8400.

We stayed at the Park Hyatt. Totally unbeatable location: 

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/australia/park-hyatt-sydney/sydph

Shame you can't go with your partner. Australia is made for sharing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Awesome Lirio!  Maybe the universe will conspire to allow our paths to cross.  😁

Our plan is to stay on NZ in Jan and Feb (where my daughter lives). I will let you know as soon as we issue our tickets (by june or july).

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, spinnaker2 said:

The flying monkeys just went by...

Glenda where r u?

Spins - We’re the ones with tornado warnings today (northern Palm Beach County).  Correction - looks as if there are tornado warnings in western Broward County too! And no gasoline to be found due to the flooding in Fort Lauderdale last week. 

Mother Nature - did somebody fail to give you a calendar for this year? We’re not supposed to see this kind of weather till August/September! 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:
2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Thanks Lola I'm super excited about it, even though it is Celebrity!

Er ....... it was not the cruise, but that fantastic place in Uluru I meant.  I admit to not having seen anything about the cruise.  What a pity you cannot travel with your partner; I know only too well how much more it costs to go as a singleton.  

Lola

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Many Thanks TTSs, I'd spotted that place already. Is it as amazing as it looks?

We stayed there in 2010 and loved it.  It’s been renovated since then and even more luxurious. 

Wonderful to see Uluṟu from your room ( and bed ). 
My husband did a brief blog about our time there. 
http://www.thefletchers.com.au/The_Fletchers/Central_Australia_2010/Central_Australia_2010.html

54 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

That is a very cool app! 

Yes! YES!!  Love the Oldies from the Groove Yard.  Especially from the 1960's and early 70's.  This shared website is especially nice as many have video featuring the artists doing their top hits. Great walk down Memory Lane.  Appreciate much.

Going Wednesday evening to the Broadway touring show of "Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations".  Love those excellent sounds!!  Saw eleven years ago, what was left of the original Temptation perform live here in Columbus.  They still had the "Moves" and super singing.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/australia/park-hyatt-sydney/sydph

Shame you can't go with your partner. Australia is made for sharing! 

Thanks TTS that looks not too shabby. I'll check it out.

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Er ....... it was not the cruise, but that fantastic place in Uluru I meant.  I admit to not having seen anything about the cruise.  What a pity you cannot travel with your partner; I know only too well how much more it costs to go as a singleton.  

Lola

I'm excited about the whole thing Lola but I know what you mean about Uluru. Reasonable solo supplements don't bother me but 100% just rattles my cage.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Yes! YES!!  Love the Oldies from the Groove Yard.  Especially from the 1960's and early 70's.  This shared website is especially nice as many have video featuring the artists doing their top hits. Great walk down Memory Lane.  Appreciate much.

Going Wednesday evening to the Broadway touring show of "Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations".  Love those excellent sounds!!  Saw eleven years ago, what was left of the original Temptation perform live here in Columbus.  They still had the "Moves" and super singing.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Enjoy the show!!!  I'm going to see Ain't Too Proud here at the end of the month. 

And speaking of those wonderful singers...after an evening at the theatre (Wicked) a few weeks ago, I stopped by the lounge of a nearby restaurant to see my favorite local performer, Raquel Williams and her jazz trio.  And then in walked Bo Henderson (former lead singer of The Temptations and currently lead singer of The Stylistics) with Larry Johnson of The Temptations and they joined in…What a fabulous end to the evening!   Not sure to post the video, but here's a picture. 

IMG_1265.jpg

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

even though it is Celebrity!

Totally understand a bit of trepidation regarding a large ship.  We certainly had some prior to boarding a Royal ship with 4200 pax.  For us, it turned out fine.  There were less busy places to go.  We did have a Suite which undoubtedly helped, and I (unsurprisingly I suppose) purchased the drink package.  That said, we are both very much looking forward to our cruise on the Dawn this summer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Enjoy the show!!!  I'm going to see Ain't Too Proud here at the end of the month. 

And speaking of those wonderful singers...after an evening at the theatre (Wicked) a few weeks ago, I stopped by the lounge of a nearby restaurant to see my favorite local performer, Raquel Williams and her jazz trio.  And then in walked Bo Henderson (former lead singer of The Temptations and currently lead singer of The Stylistics) with Larry Johnson of The Temptations and they joined in…What a fabulous end to the evening!   Not sure to post the video, but here's a picture. 

IMG_1265.jpg

Hopefully this video link will work...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I can't really believe it but I've accidentally gone and booked myself on a cruise for Jan 24, on Celebrity Edge! Fortunately there are 2 dear friends on the same cruise but I've never been on such a big ship (2900) but she does look a beauty. Usually I do a ton of research first but this has been minimal this time and as it is, most of the places at the top of the list (Singapore, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Thailand, Brazil and Argentina) make it illegal to use a vape so Australia and New Zealand have been bumped up to the top of the list! (Aus is ok with a doctors prescription and NZ no problem). Initial plans are to fly into Perth for a few days, cross the continent on the Indian Pacific train to Sydney, backtrack a little on an indulgent pilgrimage to Broken Hill, Fly back to Sydney, Cruise over to New Zealand and then back to Sydney, a few days stay, a couple of nights trip to Uluru and then home. I Think I can stretch to 28 nights. So with much excitement about the trip along with a smattering of apprehension re sailing my first mainstream line in nearly 20 years the planning commences! My actual point of antipode is somewhere off the coast of South Island in the vicinity of Dunedin which I'll be visiting on the 17th Jan, so let the journey, quite literally, to the other side of the world commence!

I do hope you have booked platinum class on the train - it’s the only way to go.

Having done all the train trips around the Australia, it is so much better than gold class.

You will be calling into Adelaide on your way to Sydney, if you want to know anything, just ask.

• Like 3