Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 hours ago, zqtchas said:

What poster does this remind you of?

trip -ccx.jpeg

This reminds of the time we took the sleeper train from Paris to Venice. As we boarded, there was a family who had put all of their cases into their room and were now scratching their heads as to how they were to get into their room. We giggled to ourselves and walked onwards.

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2023 at 3:13 PM, Dolcevita Diva said:

Enjoy the show!!!  I'm going to see Ain't Too Proud here at the end of the month. And speaking of those wonderful singers...after an evening at the theatre (Wicked) a few weeks ago, I stopped by the lounge of a nearby restaurant to see my favorite local performer, Raquel Williams and her jazz trio.  And then in walked Bo Henderson (former lead singer of The Temptations and currently lead singer of The Stylistics) with Larry Johnson of The Temptations and they joined in…What a fabulous end to the evening! 

Great follow-up from Doicevita Diva. Wonderful hook-up at that lounge.  Looking forward to the "Ain't Too Proud" Broadway Series program tonight in Columbus.  Will do a follow-up report later.  Below is a picture from June 2012 when the real Temptations were performing here.  In this picture, one of the Temps (not shown) sat on a stool at the left) with the other four doing more of "moving" action.  They sounded great!!  As I recall at that time either two or three originals were a still part of the group.  Love those Motown sounds from the 1960's, etc.

Anyone else have great memories/connections with this excellent music from our past? 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.0c6311d95730ec1c8d3d3ce7f91379ac.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Great follow-up from Doicevita Diva. Wonderful hook-up at that lounge.  Looking forward to the "Ain't Too Proud" Broadway Series program tonight in Columbus.  Will do a follow-up report later.  Below is a picture from June 2012 when the real Temptations were performing here.  In this picture, one of the Temps (not shown) sat on a stool at the left) with the other four doing more of "moving" action.  They sounded great!!  As I recall at that time either two or three originals were a still part of the group.  Love those Motown sounds from the 1960's, etc.

Anyone else have great memories/connections with this excellent music from our past? 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.0c6311d95730ec1c8d3d3ce7f91379ac.jpeg

Have a most marvelous time, @TLCOhio!  Very much look forward to your report. 

On 4/18/2023 at 9:08 AM, zqtchas said:

What poster does this remind you of?

trip -ccx.jpeg

The picture looks to me like it is taken at Pearson Airport in Toronto. CIBC is the bank with concessions there. I have seen mounds of luggage there, but nothing quite like this!

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 4:28 AM, drron29 said:

On our mid cruise questionnare I asked if hosted tables at dinner would resume. The answer was it is currently being reviewed by head office to resume fleet wide.

We miss this little extra.

For SS first timers ... what are "hosted tables"?

7 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well, when your case is as big as a building, it’s pretty easy to only use half for shoes. 😆

3D6AE133-BDFD-41F6-A9AC-F496199E8B9C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well, when your case is as big as a building, it’s pretty easy to only use half for shoes. 😆

3D6AE133-BDFD-41F6-A9AC-F496199E8B9C.jpeg

That’s just carry on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6