Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We're off to Black Tartan Kitchen tonight for the October tasting menu.  We're trying to cram as many visits as possible before the many months of being at sea.

BTKOctober2023.JPG.a084f6019e24380c64d325a2de028c64.JPG

The final answer is....Like the Grim Reaper, every day I'm HARVESTING.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grand Duchess said:

Gosh, I'd forgotten her, I have a few of her CD's at the bottom of one of our many CD boxes. I might fish them out tonight, I think the first one I bought was sax a go go many years ago. Always enjoyed listening to her. Thanks for the clips.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

Gosh, I'd forgotten her, I have a few of her CD's at the bottom of one of our many CD boxes. I might fish them out tonight, I think the first one I bought was sax a go go many years ago. Always enjoyed listening to her. Thanks for the clips.

My first Candy CD was Saxuality. As Prince used to say: When I want Sax, I call Candy. Got all but the last of her albums and have seen her playing live many times, she usually comes to the Kaufleuten in Switzerland once a year. We love her to bits here. Best enjoyed live and yesterday you could feel a bit of the Prince spirit (who did play a legendary after hours concert in the same venue). Brilliant musician, still looking fabulous and a lovely personality.

• Like 3

Last night's dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen was spectacular!  Here are the crossword answers and a brief description.....

1. Cauldron - Apple and Parsnip Soup

image8.jpeg.4e984a2691c039e5c292c93ae6e5cc85.jpeg

2. Beet

image7.jpeg.a8b4ebef156e3c62f4aee876db6b8ee9.jpeg

3. Potato

image5.jpeg.91e26dc6d7b3d9f62a834cc0fb6672f5.jpeg

4. Pasta Shell - this was escargot in pasta - it was divine!

image4.jpeg.52988edde56051573246e28bf87186a5.jpeg

5. Venison

image3.jpeg.7ea370fbfcf3c794cb3c129173b2ebe4.jpeg

6. Nightmare (the little cauldrons were steaming with dry ice)

image2.jpeg.52e81ec98cb3d8f77e8d53300d453f24.jpeg

7. Carrot

image1.jpeg.c2b80033319550c8b51d4d4ccbc9cac8.jpeg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

What were you drinking with carrot, Mysty?  Looks a bit sauternesy.

I'd like to tell you Lola!  If I could actually remember! 😅  I’ll ask Myster when he rolls out of bed. 😁

• Haha 6

On our current cruise on the Muse for the first time ever on a mid cruise questionnaire I made 4 complaints plus a couple of compliments. 3 were things I just don't like and one serious.

1. really don't like the TV in the mirror. I find it very slow to respond to the remote.

2. when the adjoining suite has there TV on we can hear it. Told our butler who did intervene and not as loud now but you still can hear it. Need better insulation.

3. No list of cheeses in Atlantide. Told that officially not on the menu but they make it up with what they have. hence waiters have no idea which cheeses are available on the night. I like to pick my cheeses.

But really worried by number 4. As usual we made a donation to the crew fund. As usual I just handed an envelope containing cash to the reception staff. This has not been a problem on the last 10 cruises. This time no recognition letter so asked why on the questionnaire. 1030 pm on the day I put in the questionnaire got a ring from the finance office as there was no record of the donation. It woke Rojaan up, I was not yet asleep. I was able to give the time i handed it in but I would be the worst person for a police sketch artist to draw a face but I said a line up I would have no trouble identifying the person. was just wanting to make sure the crew were recognised. So today a letter of appreciation from the Captain. No advice on what happened and I don't expect to find out.

But next cruise I will take a photo of the staff on Reception and ask for a receipt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

But really worried by number 4. As usual we made a donation to the crew fund. As usual I just handed an envelope containing cash to the reception staff. This has not been a problem on the last 10 cruises. This time no recognition letter so asked why on the questionnaire. 1030 pm on the day I put in the questionnaire got a ring from the finance office as there was no record of the donation. It woke Rojaan up, I was not yet asleep. I was able to give the time i handed it in but I would be the worst person for a police sketch artist to draw a face but I said a line up I would have no trouble identifying the person. was just wanting to make sure the crew were recognised. So today a letter of appreciation from the Captain. No advice on what happened and I don't expect to find out.

But next cruise I will take a photo of the staff on Reception and ask for a receipt.

When we were on the Origin, we had the same thing happen.  We asked the HD several times, but NEVER got an acknowledgement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

We make the donation by getting them to debit our onboard account. No temptation for sticky fingers. 

• Like 7

We are considering for our next cruise to go to Kimberley. We have opportunity to go on May or on August. ANy recommendation? If I remember well, some Coolers are going next year as well.

Question:

1 - is it worth to consider a couple of days in Broome and/or Darwin on our own, pre and post cruise?

Should we go, we will combine this cruise with a visit to our daughter in NZ.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drron29 said:

Interesting and concerning.  I did not receive a letter of acknowledgment on the Nova last week, but was provided a receipt; albeit hand-written. 

47 minutes ago, Lirio said:

We are considering for our next cruise to go to Kimberley. We have opportunity to go on May or on August. ANy recommendation? If I remember well, some Coolers are going next year as well.

Question:

1 - is it worth to consider a couple of days in Broome and/or Darwin on our own, pre and post cruise?

Should we go, we will combine this cruise with a visit to our daughter in NZ.

Try to coordinate your trip with a full moon for better experience on some of the excursions. Check out the reviews below to see the difference.

Personally I would skip Broome. More interesting places to go. Also, they are experiencing problems. You might explore reviews for The Pearle hotel to understand. 

@AussieBoyTX was there for extreme tides.

We missed a lot due to neap tides.

• Like 2