Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

When British people think of their holidays, it's a rare person who has Germany on the list. And I just don't understand. 

Germany has splendid geography, some of the finest (and oldest) cities in Europe, great hospitality. What's not to like? 

I may be biased having lived in Nordrhein-Westfalen for 11 years, of course. 

Really, I strongly encourage visiting - take a road trip, city break, whatever, but add Germany to the list! 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Here's another dance compilation.  This one is to the music of Michael Jackson.  I have to admit that I had a dance party in my kitchen to this one.  😅

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RztUdknG9H4

That is super great  Mysty  !!  Arnt people clever  who  can  put things like this together !

Excellent 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

That is super great  Mysty  !!  Arnt people clever  who  can  put things like this together !

Excellent 

So glad you enjoyed it!  🥰

As the bus pulled up at the bus stop and it was her turn to get on, Melissa became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to raise to the height of the first step of the bus:
Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind herself to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg. She tried to take the step, only to discover that she still couldn't.
So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and for the third time attempted the step.
Once again, much to her dismay, she could not raise her leg. With a little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to take the step.
At this point, a large bodybuilder who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and yelled. "How dare you touch my body! I don't even know who you are!"
The bodybuilder smiled and drawled. "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, I kinda figured we was friends!"

image.thumb.png.6705af111c85b9368cb7a2289c91fae2.png

image.thumb.png.976a9008a44cee97075b4e2f3f6228e5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

You tube?

*wore

Myster is a good sport about dancing i.e. once in a blue moon. He prefers to be a spectator and not a participant.   I just do my own thing.  😁  So...me wearing the red jacket.  😅

• Haha 2

Yesterday was our 41st anniversary, so we celebrated with leftovers!  I had made French potato salad the day before, so rustled up a Salad Nicoise, made a batch of garlic/dijon aioli, threw some shishitos from the garden in a very hot skillet with a little oil, then sprinkled with Maldon salt, cut up some bread, cracked open a bottle of decent wine.  I was recovering from a medical procedure, so didn't want to go out, but we'll go out to an actual restaurant this weekend, see how the pros do it.  Last year we celebrated the big 40 by making cruise reservations.  Hmmmmm.  

IMG_6729.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Yesterday was our 41st anniversary, so we celebrated with leftovers!  I had made French potato salad the day before, so rustled up a Salad Nicoise, made a batch of garlic/dijon aioli, threw some shishitos from the garden in a very hot skillet with a little oil, then sprinkled with Maldon salt, cut up some bread, cracked open a bottle of decent wine.  I was recovering from a medical procedure, so didn't want to go out, but we'll go out to an actual restaurant this weekend, see how the pros do it.  Last year we celebrated the big 40 by making cruise reservations.  Hmmmmm.  

IMG_6729.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

Happy 41st!  Your mini celebration meal looks delicious!  😁

One of the meals we have in rotation for fall and winter dining is an Irish Whiskey Beef Stew.  Myster's cheffery skills shine with this dish.  For those interested here is the recipe.....

Irish Whiskey Beef Stew
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours, 15 minutes | Total time: 2-1/2 hours | Serves: 4– 6 servings

Ingredients
• 2-1/2 lb/1.3 kg Beef Blade Steak or Blade Pot Roast
• 3/4 tsp EACH salt and black pepper
• 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 1 large sweet onion, diced
• 4 strips bacon, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 large celery stalks, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
• 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1 can (500 mL) stout beer (like Guinness)
• 1/2 cup Irish Whiskey
• 1-1/2 cups beef broth
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 3 tbsp tomato paste
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• 2 bay leaves

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Cut meat into bite-sized cubes. Pat dry and season
with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a heavy Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high
heat. Brown beef, in batches for 8 to 10 minutes, turning until browned
on all sides. Transfer beef to a bowl.
3. Lower heat to medium and add remaining oil. Add onions and cook for
2 minutes. Add bacon and cook until bacon is browned and onions are
soft and golden. Add garlic, cook for one minute. Add carrot and celery.
Sprinkle flour over top, and stir for 1 minute until thoroughly moistened.
4. Gradually stir in stout, whiskey, broth, Worcestershire, tomato paste and
bay leaves; stir up any browned bits at the bottom of the pot. Return beef
and any accumulated juices to the pot (note: liquid level should just cover
the beef and vegetables).
5. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 2 hours, until beef is fork-tender.
Skim off any fat on the surface, if desired. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Remove bay leaves. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Capture.JPG.b72109a67674d3395e5b22ec5469468f.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

IMG_6729.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

Happy Anniversary and the food looks delicious!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

IMG_6729.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

Happy anniversary! Great presentation, looks delicious😋

• Like 2