White tubes or Gilchrist & Soames?

zuggie

Am a little confused as to exactly who gets what of these toiletry amenities.

First of all, what is considered to be the "upgrade" - white tubes, Gilchrist & Soames, or both?

And for those that qualify for these, who exactly gets which one? D+?, D+ with 340 points?, Pinnacle?, Junior Suites?, and Full Suites?

Am a little confused as to exactly who gets what of these toiletry amenities.

First of all, what is considered to be the "upgrade" - white tubes, Gilchrist & Soames, or both?

And for those that qualify for these, who exactly gets which one? D+?, D+ with 340 points?, Pinnacle?, Junior Suites?, and Full Suites?

I can only relay to you what I was told aboard Freedom and Serenade by Guest Services, the Conceirges and the LAs.

• "upgraded toiletries" are the white tubes and are given to D+ with 340 or more loyalty points. (Hmmn, I responded that was what I used to get back when I had turned Platinum and the G&S were from 340+. It was pointed out to me that toiletries are no longer mentioned in the benefits until you get to 340 in D+. Apparently, the removal of a benefit off that page does not require RC to notify anyone; it is up to members to note any changes.)
  • GS and above get Gilchrist & Soames

They strictly adhered to this on Serenade. However, that was not the case on Freedom, where the Conceirge said that she made it a point to make sure her Pinnacles got Gilchrist & Soames no matter what cabin they were in.

Apparently,

I can only relay to you what I was told aboard Freedom and Serenade by Guest Services, the Conceirges and the LAs.

• "upgraded toiletries" are the white tubes and are given to D+ with 340 or more loyalty points. (Hmmn, I responded that was what I used to get back when I had turned Platinum and the G&S were from 340+. It was pointed out to me that toiletries are no longer mentioned in the benefits until you get to 340 in D+. Apparently, the removal of a benefit off that page does not require RC to notify anyone; it is up to members to note any changes.)
  • GS and above get Gilchrist & Soames

They strictly adhered to this on Serenade. However, that was not the case on Freedom, where the Conceirge said that she made it a point to make sure her Pinnacles got Gilchrist & Soames no matter what cabin they were in.

Apparently,

We were told the same thing when we sailed on the Freedom. but on every single other cruise we took after 340 points, we got the Gilchrist & Soames products. Without fail. And the deck manager on the Freedom tried to make it look like he was doing us a favor by getting us what we had gotten on every other cruise.

Getting the base white tubes when in a JS isn't an upgrade at all. It's what you get.

We made a point of mentioning that on our survey, and will do every time we encounter that.

Under 340 points in a non suite cabin get nothing. The upgrade is the white tubes.

Also remember that the "white tubes" are from the Peoples Republic of China.

I don't give my dog anything made there. I certainly am not putting it on my skin.

We were on Explorer in April/may and the white tubes were there when we boarded. We asked our steward about upgraded toiletries since we were over 340 points and we got Gilchrist and Soames thereon.

Oasis Class gets L'Occitane.

Quantum might as well.

BTW, according to C&A upgrade toiletries is the biggest source of confusion and complaints. They even did a presentation on it during our Mariner repo.

Housekeeping is doing audits now due to missing supplies

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BTW, according to C&A upgrade toiletries is the biggest source of confusion and complaints. They even did a presentation on it during our Mariner repo.

If it was 100% the same from one ship to another, for the whole program, it would be a lot easier to deal with.

It makes people upset when they get a benefit on one ship that is not there on another.

We were on Explorer in April/may and the white tubes were there when we boarded. We asked our steward about upgraded toiletries since we were over 340 points and we got Gilchrist and Soames thereon.

I'm "only" diamond but have got the Gilchrist brand on previous cruises. Feb on Liberty I was told that I was eligible for nothing. Requested shower gel and hand lotion and got the white tubes with the attitude that he was doing me a big favor. Yet, on day of leaving from bins of the white tubes items being put in every room on my floor. The smell of whatever is in the white tubes is basically unpleasant.

We had L'Occitane on Oasis and I don't like it. I prefer the Gilchrist and Soames, although I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I swear we've had L'Occitane on Grandeur too just this past April/May but I really don't remember. We always stay in JS.

If it was 100% the same from one ship to another, for the whole program, it would be a lot easier to deal with.

It makes people upset when they get a benefit on one ship that is not there on another.

That's what you should be seeing, in the future. Going to be lots of unhappy people

We had L'Occitane on Oasis and I don't like it. I prefer the Gilchrist and Soames, although I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I swear we've had L'Occitane on Grandeur too just this past April/May but I really don't remember. We always stay in JS.
JS is supposed to get white tubes as std.

I only like the L'Occitane soap bars.

The other stuff is to herbal

Under 340 points in a non suite cabin get nothing. The upgrade is the white tubes.

Also remember that the "white tubes" are from the Peoples Republic of China.

I don't give my dog anything made there. I certainly am not putting it on my skin.

You are not missing anything. They don't even smell nice!:(

JS is supposed to get white tubes as std.

I only like the L'Occitane soap bars.

The other stuff is to herbal

We're D+ with 301 points currently, but we've haven't had the white tubes in the last couple of trips. My issue with the L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner is that it's not great for my hair, but more I hate the smell. I have always brought my own. The soap is fine. But, none of what they provide is great.

I'll bet white tubes

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea/

L'Occitane Bath Amenities

Your favorite names travel with you on Royal Suite. Enjoy bath amenities by L’Occitane in every Sea suite.

...we shall see what the Sea Suite shall shower us with ....;p

Not all that fussy about toiletries EXCEPT for the smell! GS on Majesty so what might I get? The stuff a previous poster wouldn’t put on their dog???? Never heard of G&S. How does it smell?

I have tons of travel sized toiletries. Maybe I will bring a bagful just in case.

Not all that fussy about toiletries EXCEPT for the smell! GS on Majesty so what might I get? The stuff a previous poster wouldn’t put on their dog???? Never heard of G&S. How does it smell?

I have tons of travel sized toiletries. Maybe I will bring a bagful just in case.

You would likely get the G&S in the grand suite.

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Adventure. Over 350 points in a JS and we got the white tubes. I asked for an upgraded bar of soap and our attendant said so sorry. Even though it was no biggie, I felt it was rather petty of them.

On every survey they ask if we would recommend RCI to friends and this pettiness is partly why I answer no.