Move Over Offer

79Smiles

I just received a Move Over offer for an upcoming cruise. Actually it's a "move inside" offer - balcony stateroom to an inside stateroom - for the same sailing with 100% cruise fare refund as refundable OBC. I called the 800 number and left a message (within an hour of receiving the offer) that we were interested. Do you think Princess will return my call even if they no longer need my balcony cabin?

I just received a Move Over offer for an upcoming cruise. Actually it's a "move inside" offer - balcony stateroom to an inside stateroom - for the same sailing with 100% cruise fare refund as refundable OBC. I called the 800 number and left a message (within an hour of receiving the offer) that we were interested. Do you think Princess will return my call even if they no longer need my balcony cabin?

That offer is an absolute "no brainer"...take it!! Look at your sailing on Princess to see which insides are available and choose where you'd like to be. When you get the call, tell the rep where you want to be.

Also, if you don't want bunk beds in your cabin, check Cruise Critic's deck plans to see where they are. They aren't identified on Princess. :(

I'm pretty sure they let you know either way.

PS: it's called a "move down".

Curious, how soon is your cruise?

That offer is an absolute "no brainer"...take it!!

A serious offer is usually an upgrade in category, often to a suite.

This is essentially a free cruise in an inside cabin. Not really worth very much.

I'd hold out for better -- at least a free replacement cruise in a balcony.

This is essentially a free cruise in an inside cabin. Not really worth very much.

"You can not be serious !!"

you get back in REFUNDABLE OBC the amount you paid for a balcony !!

take that "free cruise" and "free money" - use the "free money" for additional excursions, etc

then take the check you will receive for the un-used OBC and book another cruise !!

"You can not be serious !!"

you get back in REFUNDABLE OBC the amount you paid for a balcony !!

take that "free cruise" and "free money" - use the "free money" for additional excursions, etc

then take the check you will receive for the un-used OBC and book another cruise !!

Yes this!!!!!! Do this!

We got it! Got an email this morning, called and left the message and they called us back an hour ago. Total no brainer! Our balcony cabin cost over 5,000! Now its nothing and we got to keep all our lovely incentives! So excited! I cannot believe it. I would never hold out for better! Free is the best! :)

Congrats! I'd take the offer for our cruise next month on the Royal, but we're already in an inside cabin. We met several people who took the offer on our cruise around the British isles last summer.

We got it! Got an email this morning, called and left the message and they called us back an hour ago. Total no brainer! Our balcony cabin cost over 5,000! Now its nothing and we got to keep all our lovely incentives! So excited! I cannot believe it. I would never hold out for better! Free is the best! :)

Congratulations! It's great to get paid to cruise isn't it? Sure hope the OP gets it too.

You're kidding...right? We received this exact same offer a few cruises ago and I grabbed it! Nothing beats a free cruise even if it is in an inside cabin :hearteyes:

Congratulations!

Congratulations! It's great to get paid to cruise isn't it? Sure hope the OP gets it too.

Me too! IT is nice ! It’s really not a move down. It’s how you look at it overall! and we look at it as totally awesome .

You're kidding...right? We received this exact same offer a few cruises ago and I grabbed it! Nothing beats a free cruise even if it is in an inside cabin :hearteyes:

Not kidding at all.

I have received a move-over upgrade to a suite; other posters here have received amazing offers.

I don't think a free cruise in an inside cabin is worth very much.

Depending on the itinerary, a downgrade from a balcony to an inside would be a huge reduction.

For Alaska or Panama Canal, I would never accept such a downgrade.

This is like sitting on a plane in Newark at 5:00pm on a Friday afternoon. Gate agent comes

onboard and asks for volunteers. Better and better offers. Up to thousands of dollars.

At other times, some kid will give up their seat for a bag of peanuts.

I'd hold out for more than the peanuts.

I got the same offer for our cruise this Saturday on the Sapphire.

It's been sold out for months.

Only difference is it was an upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite.

I turned it down for a few reasons.

To close to cancel parking, hotel and pet boarding, tours etc.

This one is only a 7 days and it's to swap to another 7 day. I don't normally look at or book cruise that short, as I prefer 10-14 days. So my choices would be small.

It's a special bucket list cruise for us.

There is nothing else this year I could swap to, so we would have to look else where in order to get a holiday somewhere. And where ever it would be it would be compromise.

So I had no problem turning it down. But I guess someone will jump at it.

Jules