Bidding inventory

maggie1968

I do not believe you can bid on a category of balcony, such as aft. Just lucky if somebody happens to get assigned by bidding on and winning in the general balcony category.

If you are bidding on mini and haven, I assume you are already in a balcony cabin, so, that General balcony category will obviously never appear for you.

My bidding options include: Aft Penthouse, Forward Penthouse, Spa Penthouse, 2 Bedroom, Minisuite. Each is listed separately as potential bid. I think it depends on inventory and not everyone is invited to bid on all categories.

Does anyone know if the bidding inventory changes through the 80 day window? Was hoping to bid on an aft balcony as there are several unsold, but only given haven options and mini suite. Thank you!!

What category do you have now? You can only bid two levels above yours, so if all it's allowing is Haven and Mini-Suite then presumably you are in a Balcony.

If so the only way to get the Aft Balcony is to book it directly or have NCL move you into it for their own reasons. Option one is the more likely one :)

I don't understand the bidding set up. We have a Mini Suite, would like to bid on a Spa Mini Suite however only Haven Cabins show up when bidding. Kind of stupid since all Haven's are sold out and their are a bunch of Spa Mini's still available

I don't understand the bidding set up. We have a Mini Suite, would like to bid on a Spa Mini Suite however only Haven Cabins show up when bidding. Kind of stupid since all Haven's are sold out and their are a bunch of Spa Mini's still available

A Spa Mini-suite is the same "meta" as your current mini-suite, so you will have no opportunity to bid. For the purposes of bidding, you can ONLY bid on two "meta" levels above your own. Haven is the only meta that is broken down into separate categories. For the purposes of bidding, there is no distinction between a mini-suite and a spa mini-suite. People in ocean views and balconies can bid on the "mini-suite" meta, which includes spa mini-suites, mini-suites with large balconies, mid-ship mini-suites, etc. The bidding system just sees those as one big block (meta) called "mini-suite".

You can only bid on the next two categories up. Balcony is a category. Mini is a category.

A mini can bid on a suite or Haven

A balcony can bid on a mini or suite.

You can not bid within your current category (i.e., balcony to aft balcony. Or mini to spa mini).

A Spa Mini-suite is the same "meta" as your current mini-suite, so you will have no opportunity to bid. For the purposes of bidding, you can ONLY bid on two "meta" levels above your own. Haven is the only meta that is broken down into separate categories. For the purposes of bidding, there is no distinction between a mini-suite and a spa mini-suite. People in ocean views and balconies can bid on the "mini-suite" meta, which includes spa mini-suites, mini-suites with large balconies, mid-ship mini-suites, etc. The bidding system just sees those as one big block (meta) called "mini-suite".

Thanks for the info

• 1 month later...
You can only bid on the next two categories up. Balcony is a category. Mini is a category.

You can not bid within your current category (i.e., balcony to aft balcony. Or mini to spa mini).

But I am in a balcony and received an invitation to bid on mini suites, suites, and Haven up to and including the Garden Villa? :confused: Now if I could only afford something more than the mini-suite ...

I lucked out then. I just put a bid in for a spa mini on Bliss for December. I'm currently in a mini on the same deck.

I lucked out then. I just put a bid in for a spa mini on Bliss for December. I'm currently in a mini on the same deck.

You didn't luck out. They recently changed the bidding to break spa mini-suite and spa balcony into their own categories. I'd say within the last month or so?

You didn't luck out. They recently changed the bidding to break spa mini-suite and spa balcony into their own categories. I'd say within the last month or so?

It’s been longer than that. Spa mini suite was a separate bid option on our Escape cruise last November.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s been longer than that. Spa mini suite was a separate bid option on our Escape cruise last November.

Spa mini-suite? Are you sure? Was this under the current Upgrade Advantage Program? We have a very long thread about it and there was definitely no ability to bid on spa balconies and mini-suites separately, just Haven Spa Suites, until VERY recently. Literally hundreds of posters in that thread.... A couple of months ago they stopped letting people who were currently booked in spa rooms bid altogether, because they had so much confusion about people losing their spa access when upgraded to non-spa rooms. They initially called it a "technical glitch", but eventually solved the problem by breaking spas out into separate bidding categories, so someone in say, as spa balcony could bid on a spa mini-suite and not risk losing spa access.

That’s not true we’re in a mini suite we have the opportunity to bid on a spa mini suite. They might just be collecting data but we have the opportunity to bid. We also have the opportunity to bid on the haven. Might depend on the ship who knows. This is for the 10/21 sailing of getaway.

That’s not true we’re in a mini suite we have the opportunity to bid on a spa mini suite. They might just be collecting data but we have the opportunity to bid. We also have the opportunity to bid on the haven. Might depend on the ship who knows. This is for the 10/21 sailing of getaway.

Right, they began offering the chance to bid on spa balconies and mini-suites maybe a month or two ago.

Spa mini-suite? Are you sure? Was this under the current Upgrade Advantage Program? We have a very long thread about it and there was definitely no ability to bid on spa balconies and mini-suites separately, just Haven Spa Suites, until VERY recently. Literally hundreds of posters in that thread.... A couple of months ago they stopped letting people who were currently booked in spa rooms bid altogether, because they had so much confusion about people losing their spa access when upgraded to non-spa rooms. They initially called it a "technical glitch", but eventually solved the problem by breaking spas out into separate bidding categories, so someone in say, as spa balcony could bid on a spa mini-suite and not risk losing spa access.

The cheapest upgrade option we had on our Thanksgiving sailing last year was for a spa mini suite. We originally booked a spa balcony (angled) and opted not to bid on the upgrade in order to keep our larger angled balcony.

The cheapest upgrade option we had on our Thanksgiving sailing last year was for a spa mini suite. We originally booked a spa balcony (angled) and opted not to bid on the upgrade in order to keep our larger angled balcony.

Hmm, maybe they took it away awhile ago and added it back?

I'm glad chances of my bid being accepted are slim... but you never know... I just can't bring myself to pay almost 500 dollars for DH and I to get the spa passes. I had decided to live without spa access this cruise. so I will be happy either way.

Typically, how many days before the cruise departure do they let you know if you have won a bid upgrade?

Anywhere from 80 to 2. Suites usually later.

We got our last Haven upgrade 3 days prior to cruise.

2-3 days out is when the reject messages come out. :loudcry:

Typically, how many days before the cruise departure do they let you know if you have won a bid upgrade?

There really is no "typical" response time. I would say 3 days to a week out is the most common. But people genuinely do receive upgrades at 70 days out... My last upgrade came at noon on Thursday before our Saturday sailing, so ~50 hours out....