Daylight Savings Time in Caribbean

HHIturtlelady

We will be doing a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise in November. We are in the Eastern Time Zone and will have daylight savings by that point. I have just found out that while our destinations are currently in the same time zone as us they do not participate in daylight savings. All our destinations will be an hour ahead when we sail.

So my question is are the arrival and departure times on the NCL website island time or eastern time? I am trying to schedule excursions and want to be sure we are on time.

We will be doing a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise in November. We are in the Eastern Time Zone and will have daylight savings by that point. I have just found out that while our destinations are currently in the same time zone as us they do not participate in daylight savings. All our destinations will be an hour ahead when we sail.

So my question is are the arrival and departure times on the NCL website island time or eastern time? I am trying to schedule excursions and want to be sure we are on time.

They are all LOCAL time. The ship will adjust it’s clocks to local time in your next port.

On a 6-night Iberian Peninsula Cruise, we changed our clock 5 of the 6 Nights because of different time zones and changes to Daylingt savings time.

The ports on your Jade cruise are all located in the Atlantic time zone. Since none of the islands observe DST local time is the same as Eastern Daylight time. This will change in early November a week before your cruise when the USA falls back one hour to standard time.

Your cruise will move ahead one hour over night during your first or second sea day so when you arrive in San Juan ship time will be the same as local time. (Atlantic Time). Ship time will stay the same for all of your port calls. After the ship leaves St. Maarten to head back for Miami the clocks will be moved back one hour putting you back on Eastern time. This could happen the night you leave St. Maarten or overnight on one of the sea days.

NCL always adjusts the clock to local time. The times lsited are local times at each given port.

NCL always adjusts the clock to local time. The times lsited are local times at each given port.

No...I've been on at least three NCL cruises that did not...itineraries were Canada/New England and Western Caribbean.

That having been said, it's likely the OP's cruise will be on local time due to the nature of the itinerary.

7 cruises, ship always changed to local time. So Paul Bogle has it right - you will be on Eastern STANDARD by the time you sail, and have to change to Atlantic time for your ports. +1 hour to the islands, -1 hour heading home.