Luggage tags when you have an unassigned cabin?

Lineaway

We have booked unassigned cabins twice in the past and had gotten our cabin assignments months out. This time we are two weeks away unassigned (Star southbound out of Wittier showing sold out). I understand that cabins can be assigned up to the day of the cruise but what happens if you get to the cruiseport without a cabin assignment? You have to drop off your luggage curbside and then go in for checkin. How can you drop off luggage not knowing which cabin to send it too? Do you just attach the luggage tags showing unassigned hoping the crew looks it up by reservation number and name??

The porter will go look up your cabin number and write it on the tags. Don't leave (or tip them) until they do.

But you still have time between now and your cruise. For my Alaska cruise in May I got one last upsell offer nine days before embarking. When I ignored that one the cabin assignment appeared (with no upgrade) the following evening.

If you still do not know your cabin number the day of boarding, the porter can look it up for you. Keep checking the website for a cabin assignment. You can call Princess and ask them but if you used a TA, they have to make the call most likely. If the absolute worse happens, go to PSD and they will have luggage that was not claimed at the end of boarding.

Thanks for the replies.

Is it possible that I have a cabin assigned and they just haven't posted it yet??

We don' t really have a TA assigned but I could call the place we booked through and see if they could let me know. I just figured if we had a room assigned it would be on our reservation that I could see. I doubt we would be notified of any upsells. I have never been called for one of those in 20 cruises.

Thanks for the replies.

Is it possible that I have a cabin assigned and they just haven't posted it yet??

We don' t really have a TA assigned but I could call the place we booked through and see if they could let me know. I just figured if we had a room assigned it would be on our reservation that I could see. I doubt we would be notified of any upsells. I have never been called for one of those in 20 cruises.

We always book guarantee cabins and usually they are assigned a few days before the sailing. It'll show on your personalizer when it's assigned. There have been times we've had to print the luggage tag without the cabin number because we were leaving a few days early. Usually we just keep checking the personalizer until it shows up and then just write the cabin number over the to be assigned section.

I know with Whittier (because we were there in May) the porter has the list and a sharpie there to write it on the tag. Luggage drop off is not curbside but at a metal storage container in the middle of the parking lot. He asked if we needed to know our cabin number and was prepared with his marker.

Thanks for the replies.

If you didn't book directly with Princess, you used an agent of some sort.

Thanks for the replies.

Once your cabin has been assigned, it will show on your cruise personalizer. Doesn't matter how you booked it or with whom.

If it still says "To Be Assigned " or whatever the wording, it hasn't been assigned.

No worries, you'll have a cabin in the category you booked or better. .

On our last cruise, due to some last minute confusion, I didn't realize until after we had dropped our luggage off that I hadn't put any tags on my suitcase (although of course it had a tag with my name/phone, etc.) Yikes! Yet, it still showed up right outside the cabin (before my roommate's, in fact). Well done, Princess!

How do i access the personalized screen for a Royal cruise in Sept-Oct b2b? I never knew how people reserved excursions, etc. Now will be cheching for guaranteed cabin assignment for second week. We have a balcony for 1st week, will try a cheaper guaranteed, new for us, for second week. We used a TA.

We always book guarantee cabins and usually they are assigned a few days before the sailing. It'll show on your personalizer when it's assigned. There have been times we've had to print the luggage tag without the cabin number because we were leaving a few days early. Usually we just keep checking the personalizer until it shows up and then just write the cabin number over the to be assigned section.

I know with Whittier (because we were there in May) the porter has the list and a sharpie there to write it on the tag. Luggage drop off is not curbside but at a metal storage container in the middle of the parking lot. He asked if we needed to know our cabin number and was prepared with his marker.

First time I ever walked AWAY from the ship when I got off the bus to hand over our bags! :cool:

How do i access the personalized screen for a Royal cruise in Sept-Oct b2b? I never knew how people reserved excursions, etc. Now will be cheching for guaranteed cabin assignment for second week. We have a balcony for 1st week, will try a cheaper guaranteed, new for us, for second week. We used a TA.

For a Royal Caribbean cruise.

As your question is about Royal Caribbean, I'd highly suggest you go to the Royal Caribbean boards and ask there. This forum is about Princess Cruises

That said, you can sign up at the Royal Caribbean website, top of the page is something called MyCruises or similar - go there, sign in with your booking info. Or make an account with them, there's a login/New account area also.

If you mean Royal Princess, she's not sailing Caribbean in Sept, she's still over in Europe, then doing Canada/New England ... That said, there's a spot to Set-up your account on the Princess website

We have booked unassigned cabins twice in the past and had gotten our cabin assignments months out. This time we are two weeks away unassigned (Star southbound out of Wittier showing sold out). I understand that cabins can be assigned up to the day of the cruise but what happens if you get to the cruiseport without a cabin assignment? You have to drop off your luggage curbside and then go in for checkin. How can you drop off luggage not knowing which cabin to send it too? Do you just attach the luggage tags showing unassigned hoping the crew looks it up by reservation number and name??

You can access bag tags and travel summary on the Princess website Personalizer until sailing day. Your cabin number will be listed there. I suggest you keep checking that and you will have a cabin assignment by sailing day.

In rare cases, and I mean rare you may get the assignment at the pier where the porters will have a current passenger list.

Due to the fact that the sailing will be finalized by the end of business Friday before your cruise departs you should have an assignment by close of business then.

People think they don't get them until the pier but they don't check the personalizer the day before or the day of sailing so when they arrive at the pier it appears that it was just assigned.

As mentioned in prior posts the porters will have a cabin list and provide you with tags if needed.

Thanks for all the comments. Hoping to have an assignment before we fly out so we can have our tags all ready to go.

Latest I have ever had a GTY assigned was 24 hours before embarkation while I was in the air on the way to the port.

I called Princess from the port airport to learn what the cabin was.