Princess cays cabana questions

Jota62

Hi all, I've tried to search for information, but I couldn't find too many recent posts. I'm contemplating renting a cabana at Princess Cay for my cruise this December because I'm very fair already and take medication that I'm supposed to be careful in the sun with. For those that have rented these before, could you please answer the following:

1. Can you lock your own cabana to store your valuables?

2. How far is the walk to a swimming beach?

3. Although not right at a beach, do you still have a great view of water?

4. How far is the restroom and lunch BBQ?

Thank you for helping me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
The cabanas are open....but the attendant will watch it....you won't be that far from it at any time, at any rate! No sense in renting one if you're not going to be in or near it!

You shouldn't bring "valuables" to a beach.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not planning on bringing crazy valuables. However, my boyfriends likes to read from a kindle, while I still prefer paper books. So while swimming that would be left behind. If someone was terrible enough to steal it our worlds wouldn’t be destroyed, but I was curious just the same if it could be locked for safety. I wouldn’t bring jewelry or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cabanas are across the sidewalk from the beach. There's a/c, a table, 4 chairs, a couple of small shelves & wall hooks inside. I don't think we were given the key to lock it up - we may have just taken turns walking to the food & bringing it back, since we had a bucket of beer. There are 2 loungers on the porch of the cabana & 2 in front of the cabana under an umbrella. Seems like it was a bit of a walk to the food, but easy enough on the sidewalk. There is a restroom in the cabana area, so depending on which one you select, you could be right next to it. There's also a beach bar that is handy. I don't think we went all the way out into the water, but our friends did. I don't recall if the sand is smooth - seems like there were some rocks to go between to get into the water. Someone who has been there more recently will probably remember. Anyway, you can see your cabana from the water, so no worries there.

So, if you are looking on the map, we had one a couple of doors down from the restrooms, across from the little horseshoe in front of the beach bar. It was a good location. Thanks for posting that cherylandtk, I knew I'd seen a map somewhere around here. We were in #10, Coco Plum - a pink one.

1. Can you lock your own cabana to store your valuables? No, there was no lock, but I just left my e-reader and our phones under towels in the cabana, no issues.

2. How far is the walk to a swimming beach? A couple of minutes at most, we were in #10 and were right across from an entrance to the snorkel area.

3. Although not right at a beach, do you still have a great view of water? Yes, gorgeous view of the water and the ship in the background.

4. How far is the restroom and lunch BBQ? We had a restroom just a couple cabins from us, lunch was a little further, maybe about a 5 minute walk, that's it. None of it is really very far if you are a healthy adult with no issues. When you get onboard they will have you go to the shore excursion desk to pick your cabana and they have a map with where everything is located to make it easier on you.

We loved having our cabana, and with me being pregnant, it was awesome to have a cooler space to relax in. Plus we had a lot of shade around ours which was nice as well.

Edit to add: I wasn't drinking, but there was a bar very close to us, and wait staff walking by constantly.

If all you really want is to be out of the sun, there are various other places without renting a cabana.

We like going to the Banana Beach Bar which is only steps from the water and close to restrooms and only a short walk for food. :)

Do take water shoes no matter what you decide ... lots of rocks/shells in the water. ;)

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

This last pic is taken from in front of the cabana. The stairs to go into the water are by the red thing straight ahead. There was a life guard but I never actually seen them look at the water. In fact he was sitting behind the rocks where you go into the water.

If there was a cabin attendant they never came to our cabin. We were only in the water a short time.

The beach/water is very rocky, water shoes were a blessing.

There was an air conditioner inn the cabana also.

this was Febr. 2018