Aft vs Grand Suite?

cineroo

We are Diamond + members so have been on many RCI ships but never been on a radiance class ship. We have also never had any kind of suite. We are looking to take our 2 adult kids (ages 18 & 21) on a cruise for Christmas on the Brilliance of the seas. It appears we can book 2 side by side aft balconies (which we love!) or for about $470 more have the 1 bedroom grand suite. The biggest difference I can see is that 2 of us would have to sleep on the pull out couch in the grand suite. What would you do??? Also, does anyone know if the deck partitions in the back of Brilliance can be opened to provide access to both decks?

Thanks for the advice! The “kids” have never been old enough to have a room on their own, so usually we split up girls in one room and boys in the other. Not sure how any of us feel about putting the “ kids” in a room by themselves since there is a boy and girl. But I appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In a room by themselves you just split the bed into two twins. With the balcony if someone needs more room to change the other can go on the balcony with the black out curtains drawn.

I've shared a cabin with a dude I'm decidedly not dating with no problem and back at that age (same age difference with my bro) sharing a room was no problem with separate beds.

If the sofa bed is just one big bed in the one bedroom I think I'd prefer that over sharing a bed with mom. Now, on an oasis class I might suck it up for suite benefits.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice! The “kids” have never been old enough to have a room on their own, so usually we split up girls in one room and boys in the other. Not sure how any of us feel about putting the “ kids” in a room by themselves since there is a boy and girl. But I appreciate the input.

Take the two aft JS's...those are amazing on the Radiance class. Lot's of privacy for everyone and remember the walkin closet is a perfect dressing room.

The DL on this class of ship is my favorite (I'm also D+) and have sailed Radiance several times....Do the kids happen to have your D+ status as well earned before the oldest one turned 18....if so a big plus.

I actually don't care for the GS at all and would never book it...the perks on this class of ship aren't worth it...the extra room it would provide again not worth it for those sleeping on the sofabed.

We will be taking our "kids" (boy and girl) age 25 and 28 on a cruise with us next March on Adventure. We have side by side aft balcony cabins booked. The "kids" will be staying in one room and the parents will be in the other. The "kids" are happy to go on any cruise and sleep anywhere as long as they don't have to pay for it. :D