Man overboard on Norwegian Star

Seafoam Sally

Originally posted by billslowsky Two accounts, 22 years apart. That is rare.

Amazing how some people feel the need to invent stories that are not supported by facts, then double down each time they are proven wrong.

The QM2 is story is false. No one was "charged" with anything. Deal with it.

Yes, it is rare. And it shouldn't happen at all.

https://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/category/overboard-deaths/

I don't think passengers overboard are very rare.

Originally posted by billslowsky Two accounts, 22 years apart. That is rare.

Amazing how some people feel the need to invent stories that are not supported by facts, then double down each time they are proven wrong.

The QM2 is story is false. No one was "charged" with anything. Deal with it.

https://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/category/overboard-deaths/

I don't think passengers overboard are very rare.

The discussion was specifically about men throwing women to their death overboard. Two incidents in the last 30 years, 22 years apart.

Think again.

I saw this today from a maritime attorney who I must presume knows more about this topic than all of us (except perhaps the random narcissist running about tossing fire LOL) -

‘Miami-based maritime attorney Jim Walker, an industry watchdog, says man-overboard incidents are not simple cases of “falling” or getting swept off a deck by the wind.

“In my assessment,” he said, “alcohol is involved in about 40 percent of the cases. Ten percent are suicides. The remaining 50 percent are mysteries with a high percentage of these cases involving foul play. The most likely scenario we have seen are men throwing women overboard.” ‘

[/quote

And a few years ago, the wife is thought to have her husband over the rail, whilst on their honeymoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Complete speculation. No facts. Who needs 'em?

I saw this today from a maritime attorney who I must presume knows more about this topic than all of us (except perhaps the random narcissist running about tossing fire LOL) -

‘Miami-based maritime attorney Jim Walker, an industry watchdog, says man-overboard incidents are not simple cases of “falling” or getting swept off a deck by the wind.

“In my assessment,” he said, “alcohol is involved in about 40 percent of the cases. Ten percent are suicides. The remaining 50 percent are mysteries with a high percentage of these cases involving foul play. The most likely scenario we have seen are men throwing women overboard.” ‘

LOL you are a fan of that guy. That says a lot about your credibility and expertise on this subject.

The discussion was specifically about men throwing women to their death overboard. Two incidents in the last 30 years, 22 years apart.

Think again.

My view, for what it’s worth, is that the reasons for people going overboard occur across different cruise lines, ferries, other passenger vessels in different jurisdictions around the world. Consequently, it is highly unlikely that there is an accurate or definitive collation of the reasons. We just don’t know!

If you can believe media reports, I smell a 'fish' here? Photo's of her exiting the rescue vessel in full makeup and hair 'just right' after a 10 hour ordeal just doesn't seem 'right'. Bet there's more to this story......Maybe then it is the benefits of yoga and singing. Might never know.....

If you can believe media reports, I smell a 'fish' here? Photo's of her exiting the rescue vessel in full makeup and hair 'just right' after a 10 hour ordeal just doesn't seem 'right'. Bet there's more to this story......Maybe then it is the benefits of yoga and singing. Might never know.....

To be fair, if you compare media and social media photos of her before the incident to those as she disembarked the rescue vessel there is a stark contrast. In the latter, her face is red and puffy in comparison and her hair appears straw like and somewhat wild in comparison to the ‘before’ photos.

What seems odd to me, is the calmness and clarity of her comments to reporters and willingness to engage after such an ordeal. If that was me, I’d have exited the rescue vessel on a stretcher, a gibbering wreck!

Wonderful news! How terrifying it would be to be lost in the ocean![/qu

Was she lost in the water? Everything I am reading is inviting me to think that the whole thing is made up by her. Her disposition on getting to Croatia was not I suggest that of a person marooned at sea in the water for 12 hours. Just my view.

As it’s multiple newspapers with multiple sources I intend to believe there is some truth. They have also used close family and friends to formulate the story. It is clear the woman is having some mental health issues. Let’s hope she gets the help she needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think as an air hostess she would possibly also know survival techniques for being in water.

She is very fortunate to have survived. I have huge appreciation for those who searched and found her.

However she ended up in the water she definitely didn’t just ‘fall’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As former airline personnel ( 40 years service before retirement) I doubt very much she'll be keeping her job as a cabin crew member. I certainly wouldn't want to be a passenger or a work colleague on her flight with an unstable crew member responsible for my safety .

At the end of the day, she'll end up making thousands of pounds from newspaper/ magazine interviews and will be the next to appear in the Big Brother house.

Ok, I will say it and Sorry to sound cold but I don’t waste my sorrow in people like this. It is IMPOSSIBLE to “fall” overboard unless you either want to or are being an idiot. There are plenty of other sad things in the world for me to concern myself about

And after all the 'bleeding hearts' comments across the cruise forum world it turns out your post was the first to hit the nail on the head.

Well done.

As former airline personnel ( 40 years service before retirement) I doubt very much she'll be keeping her job as a cabin crew member. I certainly wouldn't want to be a passenger or a work colleague on her flight with an unstable crew member responsible for my safety .

At the end of the day, she'll end up making thousands of pounds from newspaper/ magazine interviews and will be the next idiot to appear in the Big Brother house.

Ah, but she was a Virgin girl Bell Boy. :evilsmile: :evilsmile:

She now has 'shrinking violet syndrome' and that initial lack of contrition she showed has returned to haunt her.

At the end of the day, she'll end up making thousands of pounds from newspaper/ magazine interviews and will be the next idiot to appear in the Big Brother house.

I hope you are right about her losing her job over this. I also hope they charge her for the additional costs (if any) for any search and rescue operations. It would also be great if they (somehow) made her pay for any fees/airfare changes the passengers incurred for missing their flights. There is a major difference in a ship being delayed due to a passenger's medical condition and a ship being delayed because of a passenger's being drunk/having a fight with their boyfriend, etc. and going overboard.

Wonderful news! How terrifying it would be to be lost in the ocean![/qu

Was she lost in the water? Everything I am reading is inviting me to think that the whole thing is made up by her. Her disposition on getting to Croatia was not I suggest that of a person marooned at sea in the water for 12 hours. Just my view.

I think it would be really hard to make that up. It seems to be verified that she was a passenger on NCL Star and was seen on board late in the evening. Many passengers confirm that an announcement was made that someone was missing, and quite a few vessels were searching the area. It was also verified that the Croatian Coast Guard fished her out of the water. What do you think happened in between her going missing and being found, if she wasn’t treading water?

It's a good thing people post their travel plans here, I will be sure to ask for seating right next to you should the opportunity arise.

That's the best way to get factual news, eavesdrop from total strangers - there's no need to verify that way.

My neighbor has a dachshund, and her groomer's grandmother's chiropractor told her grandmother about a patient whose favorite cashier at the grocery store was approached by mermaids on one of her cruises. I can't find anything at all about this on the internet, but it must be true because no one can prove that she didn't.

Ahhh haaa haaaaaa. Thanks for the morning giggle. And we wonder how the Russians got people to vote for...well you know who!

Jim Walker is an ambulance chaser and has zero credibility.

If I ever go on the Star again, I might go over, too.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

Why?

We will be on her on Sunday.

I expect her to be just like Dawn minus aft kids area (even better!).

Almost as good as Jewel class.

I really hope nobody will try to delay our boarding!