Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

11 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thought I’d post the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet link again to save searching for it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Just one thing I noticed regarding drinks and suites, we stayed in a CC suite and the butler was perfectly happy to bring our wine to the suite, as and when we ordered. We did this both before and after dinner and of course they would also do it if you dined in the room. We had the Ultimate drinks package so it's possible you must have that too.

12 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Just one thing I noticed regarding drinks and suites, we stayed in a CC suite and the butler was perfectly happy to bring our wine to the suite, as and when we ordered. We did this both before and after dinner and of course they would also do it if you dined in the room. We had the Ultimate drinks package so it's possible you must have that too.

Thanks for that, I’ve added it to the spreadsheet. Although we have had drinks packages, we’ve never asked for drinks to be served in our cabin - we never dine in our cabin either (mainly because we’ve never had a Suite of any sort and we don’t feel there’s enough room in an OV or Veranda cabin to eat a main meal in there.)

Me again!

Beds -- I checked the Tips document and saw how WIDE the twin bed set up is (or rather narrow) but nothing about how LONG the beds are - my travelmate is 6'3" --- a video posted showed a 6'6" man in the shower without bumping his head but he didn't include how the beds worked out.

Thanks

I've been trying to figure out how to post the spreadsheet link where it's easier to find.  The Cruise Critic software doesn't allow me to rearrange posts in a thread – so I can't make a new post #1 for the link.  But it does allow me to edit posts – so I added the link at the top of post #1.  Now we just have to remember that it's there! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, FranYAlice said:

Me again!

Beds -- I checked the Tips document and saw how WIDE the twin bed set up is (or rather narrow) but nothing about how LONG the beds are - my travelmate is 6'3" --- a video posted showed a 6'6" man in the shower without bumping his head but he didn't include how the beds worked out.

Thanks

Hi FranYAlice!

No worries about the bed.. DH is 6'3" and was totally comfortable sleeping.😊

13 hours ago, FranYAlice said:

Me again!

Thanks

6'5" here and beds are plenty long.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, aliaschief said:

It was not an issue for us. 

I have had a cabin on Princess that was below the pool deck. We could hear the lounge chairs being dragged around early in the morning and evening. If you are mid ship I would advise being under the pool deck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread and the spreadsheet - it’s our first time on Azamara this summer and I’ve been doing my research. A couple of follow up questions please:

1, I know about White Night and the AzAmazing evening but what other must-do events are there and when might they be - for example I’ve seen mentions of jazz brunches and officer bbqs? Is there anything special on the first night or last night or sailaways for example?

2, How is seating allocated on White Night, do you turn up and claim a table or are you seated by staff? What time do you recommend showing up?

3, I’ve seen on video tours of the ships that included drinks like sodas are out on the bar countertops and in the buffet - what’s the etiquette, are they there for you to serve yourself or do you still ask for them?

4, I know gratuities are included but do you tip room service deliveries or not? Don’t want to offend either way!

Thank you!

First night is often a seafood buffet in Windows. Officers BBQ is often on a sea -day. 
Other special events are crossing the equator and crossing the Arctic circle. For both of these they put on a bit of a show on the pool deck and passengers can join in. Crossing the equator is ‘kissing the fish’ and the Arctic circle one involves having ice filled water poured down your neck then jumping in the pool (which is filled with filtered water at sea temperature)

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 5:56 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Hmm, I haven’t sailed on Journey, but have recently sailed on Pursuit and liked the new fabric shower curtains. The WiFi on our transatlantic was good; the hairdryers were the same 

What about the Quest?  WiFi?  Shower curtain?

On 6/16/2023 at 3:54 AM, marinaro44 said:

No reason to tip for room service.  Choose your table at White Night, and, if you've become friends with other passengers, your tablemates.

How casual or dressy is White Night? White jeans or white slacks? 

1 hour ago, Europe and beyond said:

Don’t stress about it. Wear something white. My husband wore a white shirt with khaki pants. I wore white jeans and a blue/white striped top. 

As with many of us we are jumping from one ship to another including land tours in between, in my case in the winter, white bottoms would be worn twice, then repacked. White top with black pants it is. Tks.

Just now, rtdiva said:

As with many of us we are jumping from one ship to another including land tours in between, in my case in the winter, white bottoms would be worn twice, then repacked. White top with black pants it is. Tks.

How about a white shower curtain? White robe? A towel? 😁

• Haha 1