Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

22 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

I am looking at our first Azamara journey and we are interested in Italy. The Stay Local In Rome Longer at the end of the cruise would be a nice extension, but the description on the website seems to be broken. The description actually is for a cruise extension to Rio de Janeiro. 

I'd like to make someone at Azamara award of the problem, any suggestions who to contact?

Two possibilities - firstly you could start up a new topic about it in this forum, then Bonnie MacLaird, Azamara’s Chief Blogging Officer is more likely to notice it and respond. Secondly you could email them at Le Club Voyage & they could pass it on LeClubVoyage@Azamara.com

1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

I am looking at our first Azamara journey and we are interested in Italy. The Stay Local In Rome Longer at the end of the cruise would be a nice extension, but the description on the website seems to be broken. The description actually is for a cruise extension to Rio de Janeiro. 

I'd like to make someone at Azamara award of the problem, any suggestions who to contact?

I can let the proper department know.

Can you tell me which voyage you are looking at?

I apologize if these questions have been answered already, but I did not see them in the spreadsheet.  

I have seen that the LCV WiFi credit or the Suite WiFi credit can be applied against an unlimited WiFi package.  Can either of those credits be applied against the cost of one of the Experience More Packages?

Also, if my cabin upgrade bid to a suite is accepted, will the resultant Suite Wifi credit also be applicable against either an unlimited WiFi package or against the cost of one of the Experience More Packages?

Thanks.  Gary

I can let the proper department know.

Can you tell me which voyage you are looking at?

Hi Cayman09, our team has found this bad linkage and are correcting it asap. Thank you so much for calling our attention to this!!

2 hours ago, cayman09 said:

Thank you Bonnie, we're looking at April 2021 Italy Intensive with a land extension to Come and potentially a week in Tuscany.

Sounds like a perfect holiday in Italy!

p.s. I’m told your post-cruise Stay Local has been corrected.

12 hours ago, CruisingGems said:

I apologize if these questions have been answered already, but I did not see them in the spreadsheet.  

I have seen that the LCV WiFi credit or the Suite WiFi credit can be applied against an unlimited WiFi package.  Can either of those credits be applied against the cost of one of the Experience More Packages?

Also, if my cabin upgrade bid to a suite is accepted, will the resultant Suite Wifi credit also be applicable against either an unlimited WiFi package or against the cost of one of the Experience More Packages?

Thanks.  Gary

WiFi credit can only applied against a one device unlimited WiFi package. If your suite bid is successful you will only get one lot of WiFi credit.

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

WiFi credit can only applied against a one device unlimited WiFi package. If your suite bid is successful you will only get one lot of WiFi credit.

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear.  Both the LCV and Suite amenities include minutes of WiFi (for a single device) or a dollar value for use to reduce the cost of an unlimited WiFi plan.  Can that dollar value be used, instead, to reduce the cost of an Experience More Package (which includes unlimited WiFi) or is it only good to reduce the cost of an unlimited WiFi plan?

So, for example, if I'm in a CC Suite and therefore get 235 minutes of WiFi (or $150 credit against an unlimited WiFi pacakge), can I use that $150 against an Experience More Essentials Package to reduce the cost of that package from $599 to $449?

As another example, if I'm not in a suite, but as an LCV Adventurer, I get 30 minutes of WiFi (or $40 towards a full-voyage unlimited WiFi pacakge). Can I use that $40 against an Experience More Essentials Package to reduce the cost of that package from $599 to $559?

Thanks. 

Gary

Hello all. I stumbled across the following on the Cruise Critic profile page for Pursuit;

image.png.5ad619137dafca2ffdab0a5f19e20e2d.png

It is the first time I have seen that mentioned anywhere. Its not a problem however I do like to be prepared and I'm interested in exactly how it works?

Presumably the included drinks have no list price, so 15% of what exactly? Or is this just based on the premium drinks bought individually? 

2 minutes ago, Robson1 said:

Hello all. I stumbled across the following on the Cruise Critic profile page for Pursuit;

It is the first time I have seen that mentioned anywhere. Its not a problem however I do like to be prepared and I'm interested in exactly how it works?

Presumably the included drinks have no list price, so 15% of what exactly? Or is this just based on the premium drinks bought individually? 

No service charge on included drinks.

14 hours ago, CruisingGems said:

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear.  Both the LCV and Suite amenities include minutes of WiFi (for a single device) or a dollar value for use to reduce the cost of an unlimited WiFi plan.  Can that dollar value be used, instead, to reduce the cost of an Experience More Package (which includes unlimited WiFi) or is it only good to reduce the cost of an unlimited WiFi plan?

So, for example, if I'm in a CC Suite and therefore get 235 minutes of WiFi (or $150 credit against an unlimited WiFi pacakge), can I use that $150 against an Experience More Essentials Package to reduce the cost of that package from $599 to $449?

As another example, if I'm not in a suite, but as an LCV Adventurer, I get 30 minutes of WiFi (or $40 towards a full-voyage unlimited WiFi pacakge). Can I use that $40 against an Experience More Essentials Package to reduce the cost of that package from $599 to $559?

Thanks. 

Gary

No, you can only use the WiFi credit against a purely WiFi package, not any other type of package, even one that includes WiFi.

14 hours ago, Robson1 said:

I think CC have this wrong, as far as I know there’s no service charge on drinks - except for individual drinks you buy on certain cruises. For example I’m on the Pursuit and we’re currently in Spanish waters, off the Canaries. Last night there was a notice in the bar saying that any purchases in Spanish waters are subject to 10% VAT.

19 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

No, you can only use the WiFi credit against a purely WiFi package, not any other type of package, even one that includes WiFi.

Thanks host Grandma for all your helpful info.    There are two of us in a CCSuite  for 7 night cruise on Journey.   The website says that we get 240 minutes of complimentary internet per guest.     Unlimited internet package for one device is 19.95 per day which is 140 for the whole cruise.   In the postings it seems that 240 minutes translates to $150 dollar credit if applied to an unlimited package.   So does that mean if we both use our credit we could each get an unlimited plan for one device each?      Thanks

4 hours ago, retird said:

Thanks host Grandma for all your helpful info.    There are two of us in a CCSuite  for 7 night cruise on Journey.   The website says that we get 240 minutes of complimentary internet per guest.     Unlimited internet package for one device is 19.95 per day which is 140 for the whole cruise.   In the postings it seems that 240 minutes translates to $150 dollar credit if applied to an unlimited package.   So does that mean if we both use our credit we could each get an unlimited plan for one device each?      Thanks

Yes

On 11/17/2019 at 2:57 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think CC have this wrong, as far as I know there’s no service charge on drinks - except for individual drinks you buy on certain cruises. For example I’m on the Pursuit and we’re currently in Spanish waters, off the Canaries. Last night there was a notice in the bar saying that any purchases in Spanish waters are subject to 10% VAT.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was strange the profile pages of Journey and Quest have no mention of it.

Please compare Azamara "Choice Air" with either "Princess EZ Air" or Holland America "Flight Ease".  I have been able to book excellent-itinerary flexible business class flights using EZ Air and Flight Ease for about the same price it would have cost me to buy non-refundable coach seats on own.  Is Azamara's "Choice Air" program similar?   I am looking at Azamara b2b that begins in Tokyo and ends in Piraeus.  Can I count on Choice Air, or should I plan to use my frequent flier miles?

9 hours ago, ccletzgo said:

just to confirm, I need the Ultimate beverage package in order to order a drink (alcohol)  delivered to stateroom?  

Yes, but it’s a lot to pay when the ship is so small it’s very easy to get one yourself.  If you are in a suite you get spirits in your room.  

10 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, but it’s a lot to pay when the ship is so small it’s very easy to get one yourself.  If you are in a suite you get spirits in your room.  

Thank you! 🙂  I forgot just how easy it will be on a small ship.  looking forward to it.. 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, ccletzgo said:

Thank you! 🙂  I forgot just how easy it will be on a small ship.  looking forward to it.. 

I think I'm right in saying that you can buy any drinks package and have room service delivery of it, but of course the premium package doesn't include wines. 

Phil 

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

Considering purchasing the Indulgence package.  Is the $1399 per person, or is it per cabin, double occupancy?  In other words, would it be $2798 or $1399 for two?

All the Experience More packages ( Essentials, Enjoyment and Indulgence) are a per stateroom price and are good value if you’re doing a longish cruise (14 days +)

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

All the Experience More packages ( Essentials, Enjoyment and Indulgence) are a per stateroom price and are good value if you’re doing a longish cruise (14 days +)

Oh good!  My TA told me it was pp, so nearly $2800!  $1400 for the two of us sounds great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, capsplace said:

Oh good!  My TA told me it was pp, so nearly $2800!  $1400 for the two of us sounds great!

If you look at the web-page   https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/experience-more-packages it’s pretty clear that it’s a single price to cover 2 people. For example they all say that they provide the relevant beverage package for two. Maybe you need a new TA!

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 1