Explorer Infinity Pool

irenedee

No bar service. In my opinion, it is an underutilized space on the ship. It does have a good aft view but we rarely see many people out in that area. During the day the water in the small pool can get quite rough. It is pretty and worth seeing but not the most comfortable area to hang out in (my opinion of course).

Sadly, the infinity pool and surrounding area are a real disappointment in my view. The space is too small and clsustrophobic. The whole spa area is a poorly thought out and badly designed aspect of the ship.

There is not too much wrong with Explorer but the lack of any outside forward space, no aft facing lounge & the small, uninspiring spa/pool area are 3 fairly obvious examples of flawed design.

Agree about the infinity pool but the love the spa area on Explorer. It is so much better than on other the other ships. In terms of the regular swimming pool, In my opinion, it is gorgeous - love the layout.

In my opinion, there are two "design flaws" on Explorer: 1). Sight lines in the theater; and 2). Area by the aft elevator on deck 5 is too narrow -- difficult for people to walk by each other -- especially those that have walkers, wheel chairs, etc.

The rest of the things that people do not care for are really not "flaws" but design decisions that were made by the powers that be. While we kinda miss having an aft lounge, we love the Meridian and Explorer lounges and find their locations easy to get to.

It is great that Regent has four ships (soon to be five) so that there is something to suit most of us.

P.S. People do go to the infinity pool to get aft photos. While it may not be the most comfortable place to hang out, it is a great place for photos.

The layout of the aft of deck 5 on Explorer is very poor.

There is so much wasted space at the entrances to Pacific Rim and the Spa and the direct route to the Infinity Pool is difficult to find.

The big shame is that Regent appear to have decided to keep to the same layout for Splendor, except for the omission of the 3 ton Tibetan prayer wheel.

The Infinity pool is almost never full like the show in the ads, so most of the time is not a true infinity pool at all. On every on of my 3 Explorer cruise the poll was at least 18" below the top edge.

J

Agree about the infinity pool but the love the spa area on Explorer. It is so much better than on other the other ships. In terms of the regular swimming pool, In my opinion, it is gorgeous - love the layout.

In my opinion, there are two "design flaws" on Explorer: 1). Sight lines in the theater; and 2). Area by the aft elevator on deck 5 is too narrow -- difficult for people to walk by each other -- especially those that have walkers, wheel chairs, etc.

The rest of the things that people do not care for are really not "flaws" but design decisions that were made by the powers that be. While we kinda miss having an aft lounge, we love the Meridian and Explorer lounges and find their locations easy to get to.

It is great that Regent has four ships (soon to be five) so that there is something to suit most of us.

P.S. People do go to the infinity pool to get aft photos. While it may not be the most comfortable place to hang out, it is a great place for photos.

Thanks for the aft photo tip, TC. We will be on Explorer for the first time next year and am always looking for interesting shots.