What would YOU do to make a honeymoon cruise special?

Uhfolks

I'm getting married in a couple of weeks & I've been the one planning the honeymoon. As far as my fiancée knows, all we have planned for the cruise are excursions at St. Thomas (SCUBA diving) & Amber Cove (Dolphin encounter/ocean world). I've also got us spa passes, have a couple nights reserved in the Steak House, & have a couples aroma stone massage planned as surprises.

Anyone have some good ideas on what to do in addition to all of this? Should I change one of the steak house nights to the Italian restaurant? I considered doing the Chef's table too, but by the looks of it, neither of our pallets are nearly that...refined :'). Any thoughts on the aroma stone massage vs the other types? She's wanting the cruise to be mostly relaxing, which is why I went lighter on the excursions & heavier on the food/spa stuff.

... She's wanting the cruise to be mostly relaxing, which is why I went lighter on the excursions & heavier on the food/spa stuff.

It sounds as though your plans are right on the money!

You might try to get to the comedy club and/or the piano bar.

And take pictures. You pay for only what you buy.

Congratulations and best wishes for a great honeymoon and an even greater marriage.

It sounds as though your plans are right on the money!

You might try to get to the comedy club and/or the piano bar.

And take pictures. You pay for only what you buy.

Congratulations and best wishes for a great honeymoon and an even greater marriage.

Definitely will be making to both the comedy club & the piano bar!! These were my 2 favorite parts of my previous cruises. She's never been on one before, so she has no idea what to expect.

I normally avoid the photographers like the plague, but I do think taking lots of pictures is on the agenda this time around!

Thanks, we're both looking forward to it :D. We decided instead of having an elaborate wedding where we paid thousands of dollars on a few hours, we were just going to do something super small with immediate family & take all the money we saved to go on an awesome honeymoon.

I think your plans are perfect. I could see changing one of the steak house visits to Italian or, better yet, adding the Italian to your existing plans. Have a wonderful time and congratulations!

I may actually end up adding the Italian, rather than substituting it. I didn't realize it was so much cheaper than the Steakhouse.

I may actually end up adding the Italian, rather than substituting it. I didn't realize it was so much cheaper than the Steakhouse.

One other thing you may not know. If you are booking the steakhouse a couple of night, why not make one of them the first night. The reason being, that on the first night they give you a bottle of free wine your choice white/red (this is if your not getting Cheers already). Now with that said, I have heard the free wines are not that good, but also have heard for free it is not that bad (I do not drink wine so have no idea). In addition, if you do not like your free choices you can get ANY bottle they have at 50% off the cost. In fact, I read a review on here were a couple went and he bragged about how they got a $300 bottle of wine for $150. He said and I quote "This wine was so good, well worth the money".

Another thing to do is, go to karaoke and fine your wedding song and sing it to her, very romantic...LoL

One other thing you may not know. If you are booking the steakhouse a couple of night, why not make one of them the first night. The reason being, that on the first night they give you a bottle of free wine your choice white/red (this is if your not getting Cheers already). Now with that said, I have heard the free wines are not that good, but also have heard for free it is not that bad (I do not drink wine so have no idea). In addition, if you do not like your free choices you can get ANY bottle they have at 50% off the cost. In fact, I read a review on here were a couple went and he bragged about how they got a $300 bottle of wine for $150. He said and I quote "This wine was so good, well worth the money".

Another thing to do is, go to karaoke and fine your wedding song and sing it to her, very romantic...LoL

I considered this, but I wanted to use the Steakhouse as a "break" from the MDR. Plus, we're doing a set dining time, so I didn't want to miss the first night of meeting who we'll be with for servers & other guests at the table.

We've already made each other promise we'll do karaoke at least once, haha. Neither of us have evevr done it before.

There are honeymoon decorations in the Fun Shop you can buy. They come with some cute stuff depending on which package you choose. We choose the one that comes with a bottle of champagne and glasses. Also, there are flowers you can buy to have in your stateroom and you can add a nice note on them too.

The chef's table may still be worth it to try it out. It is an experience. My husband and I are trying it out for the first time on our upcoming belated honeymoon cruise.

The steakhouse also does the free or 50% off a bottle on the first elegant night.

I'm getting married in a couple of weeks & I've been the one planning the honeymoon. As far as my fiancée knows, all we have planned for the cruise are excursions at St. Thomas (SCUBA diving) & Amber Cove (Dolphin encounter/ocean world). I've also got us spa passes, have a couple nights reserved in the Steak House, & have a couples aroma stone massage planned as surprises.

Anyone have some good ideas on what to do in addition to all of this? Should I change one of the steak house nights to the Italian restaurant? I considered doing the Chef's table too, but by the looks of it, neither of our pallets are nearly that...refined :'). Any thoughts on the aroma stone massage vs the other types? She's wanting the cruise to be mostly relaxing, which is why I went lighter on the excursions & heavier on the food/spa stuff.

Congratulations, Looks like you're doing good, maybe another excursion or 2, remember its for something to remember!

PS make sure you got a really good camera!:D

Not sure if you know about the honeymoon registry! If not, call Carnival or your TA. Best wishes on a wonderful life together.

"Once you've decided to spend your honeymoon on a Carnival cruise, your friends and family can use the Carnival Honeymoon Registry to help you get even more out of that special first cruise of your new life together. Whether it’s upgrading to a bigger stateroom or going on exciting shore excursions together, use this exclusive registry service to let your friends and family know just what your ideal cruise looks like."

We've already made each other promise we'll do karaoke at least once, haha. Neither of us have evevr done it before.

I would suggest if you are both doing it, the old 70's song from Sonny & Cher "I got you Babe".

Oh yeah, you could also get some rose petals and spread them all over the bed with some fine chocolates (girls love that).

You could post on John Heald's Facebook page your cruise information and politely ask if he might send a surprise bottle of champagne to your room to help you celebrate your honeymoon. :) You could also do something really sweet like make a honeymoon "coupon book" with coupons for things like kisses, foot rub, etc. and give it to her on the ship. Congratulations!

Splurge on a suite. Hopefully, you will only get married once.

I was going to say at least a balcony. Sounds like your plans are pretty solid so far. Might be nice to enjoy some celebratory wine/champagne on the balcony.

Other than that, I don't know what ports you have left. I'd look for some memorable excursions.

I was going to say at least a balcony. Sounds like your plans are pretty solid so far. Might be nice to enjoy some celebratory wine/champagne on the balcony.

Other than that, I don't know what ports you have left. I'd look for some memorable excursions.

Based on his posts on this thread, I would be stunned if he had anything less than a balcony cabin.

The only recommendation I would add is make sure you eat in the MDR on elegant night(s). The menu is definitely better on those nights.

Agree with other posters on two things....

Advertise as much as you can that it's a honeymoon cruise (congrats!!) because you just never know how the perks will come, maybe even a little something from Guest Services.

I would defo add Italian just for a different/extra experience from the Steakhouse. Depends on the ship how good an Italian dinner may be but so does the steakhouse.

Based on his posts on this thread, I would be stunned if he had anything less than a balcony cabin.

The only recommendation I would add is make sure you eat in the MDR on elegant night(s). The menu is definitely better on those nights.

We actually did a Spa interior room. We considered doing a balcony, but it would have nearly doubled the price for very little actual gain. I've had a balcony room before & while it was obviously nicer than an interior room, it wasn't remotely worth the price. Especially when it's the difference between being able to pay everything down in cash vs. taking out $1,000- or more if we did a spa balcony- in credit card debt. /

She's been out of work for a few months & just had heart surgery to fix everything, so money was a big factor in planning things. I figured I could either blow all of our money on a slightly bigger room with a window, or I could use it all on actual experiences like excursions, specialty dining, massages, etc.

We'll be sure to eat in the MDR on those nights! We got her some really nice dresses last week to wear those nights & a... some fancy word for "after the ceremony" dress. I think we'll be eating there for the first night for sure & the 2 elegant nights. We'll be in the Steakhouse 2 nights & Italian 1. We'll decide what do do for that last night when we get to it.

Advertise as much as you can that it's a honeymoon cruise (congrats!!) because you just never know how the perks will come, maybe even a little something from Guest Services.

I would defo add Italian just for a different/extra experience from the Steakhouse. Depends on the ship how good an Italian dinner may be but so does the steakhouse.

We'll definitely do that, haha. I'm planning on putting together some door decorations too.

We actually did a Spa interior room. We considered doing a balcony, but it would have nearly doubled the price for very little actual gain. I've had a balcony room before & while it was obviously nicer than an interior room, it wasn't remotely worth the price. Especially when it's the difference between being able to pay everything down in cash vs. taking out $1,000- or more if we did a spa balcony- in credit card debt. /

She's been out of work for a few months & just had heart surgery to fix everything, so money was a big factor in planning things. I figured I could either blow all of our money on a slightly bigger room with a window, or I could use it all on actual experiences like excursions, specialty dining, massages, etc.

We'll be sure to eat in the MDR on those nights! We got her some really nice dresses last week to wear those nights & a... some fancy word for "after the ceremony" dress. I think we'll be eating there for the first night for sure & the 2 elegant nights. We'll be in the Steakhouse 2 nights & Italian 1. We'll decide what do do for that last night when we get to it.

We'll definitely do that, haha. I'm planning on putting together some door decorations too.

Spa interiors are the best! Look for a door at the end of the hallway that leads out to the front of the ship. It's like having a semi-private, very roomy balcony.

My thoughts are to decorate the state room. I always bring battery powered fairy lights that I order on e-bay. They are inexpensive and add a really nice ambiance to the room. You could also do some kind of plug in for a nice scent that your bride would enjoy. Congratulations!!

My thoughts are to decorate the state room. I always bring battery powered fairy lights that I order on e-bay. They are inexpensive and add a really nice ambiance to the room. You could also do some kind of plug in for a nice scent that your bride would enjoy. Congratulations!!
Omg! Great idea!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app