I am sure this is a stupid question for a seasoned cruiser

True southern sweet tea is brewed from teabags(usually Lipton or Luzianne). It has to be strong to stand up to ice. The tea on the ship is a premade concentrate, not fresh brewed.

After removing the tea bags, sweeten to taste using a simple syrup(buy it or make it at home).

Some people like it really sweet, but others want it less sweet. Granulated sugar only dissolves well when the tea is warm;

in tea that is already cold, the sugar will pool at the bottom.

Add ice and a sprig of mint from your herb garden. Enjoy!

Barb in Georgia-- where sweet tea rules!

probably not a fan of diabetes. :)

Um that seems out of line. Southern sweet tea is not syrup but does require sugar, which is not a stand alone issue that cause diabetes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True southern sweet tea is brewed from teabags(usually Lipton or Luzianne). It has to be strong to stand up to ice. The tea on the ship is a premade concentrate, not fresh brewed.

After removing the tea bags, sweeten to taste using a simple syrup(buy it or make it at home).

Some people like it really sweet, but others want it less sweet. Granulated sugar only dissolves well when the tea is warm;

in tea that is already cold, the sugar will pool at the bottom.

Add ice and a sprig of mint from your herb garden. Enjoy!

Barb in Georgia-- where sweet tea rules!

Totally Agree!

Unsweet iced tea and sugar packets are available from restaurants onboard for no extra charge.

Not even close. The best I have been able to do on-board is bring my tumbler mix hot water and tea bags, add the sugar while the tea is hot and then fill it with Ice. Still not good tea though.

Not even close. The best I have been able to do on-board is bring my tumbler mix hot water and tea bags, add the sugar while the tea is hot and then fill it with Ice. Still not good tea though.

I am thinking I won't be able to match my MickyD's or Chick fil A tea though. :(

I like my tea strong and not very sweet so I make my own with hot water and tea bags and sugar.

Same here, always.........over a cram packed with ice glass! Don't like the tea they make on board. They must use something other than Lipton.

It seems a lot of people do NOT understand proper Sweet Tea.

You MUST add the sugar to the hot tea.

So take a large container. Tea bags, hot water, and sugar are available in the WindJammer.

Make your own.

Um that seems out of line. Southern sweet tea is not syrup but does require sugar, which is not a stand alone issue that cause diabetes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But not exactly the best thing if you HAVE diabetes. Unsweetened is better for diabetics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Well I love to have unsweetened iced black tea every morning and just went a whole week without it mainly because I like a lot of ice and even at home or in a hotel I brew a tea bag and pour over ice but it takes about 2 cups full of ice so I didn’t want to go through that every morning on the ship. Yes Starbucks has their usual shaken iced tea and you can any amount of pumps to it that you want, I never made it there. I was in Falmouth and going to get a iced tea at their Starbucks with my APP, I had no cash nor credit cards and they wouldn’t accept that as payment. The tea in the Suite Lounge and Park Cafe came out of a machine, never asked about MDR because we ate there at night. So for breakfast I had apple juice and water and the rest of the day just water. I also love water about as much as the tea.