is it possible to cancel my cruise online?

amydandrea

No you would have to call NCL to cancel.

And if you booked your cruise with a Norwegian personal vacation planner they make you speak with your vacation planner or someone in that department and of course they also ask you why you want to cancel.

refund takes about 1 week ( my experience) to hit your credit card/debit card.

if your wanting just to chose a different cruise, it may be an easier process not 100% sure on that.

I'm booked for a cruise next March 2019 and want to cancel that one (have not made final payment) and book a different one. Can I do it on NCL.com? I can't find a link to cancel a currently booked cruise....

You definitely need to call to do it but you don't need to cancel if you just want to rebook.

If you're going to just book another cruise on NCL, you can call and they'll just transfer your reservation number to the new cruise.

How did you book your cruise? Norwegian Personal Cruise Consultant, local travel agency, CAS etc???

They may have to cancel it for you and then re-book for you.

I booked online with NCL.com, so it seemed I should be able to cancel the same way...maybe not. so I'll call.

If your re-booking with NCL once you get through to a person it only takes a couple minute's to cancel one and re-book the new one, as long as you have all your ducks in a row with what you want, including the cabin. I've done it twice it was quite painless once you get a person on the phone.

I'm booked for a cruise next March 2019 and want to cancel that one (have not made final payment) and book a different one. Can I do it on NCL.com? I can't find a link to cancel a currently booked cruise....

You have to call to handle this, but if you are changing to an NCL cruise you can take care of it all in one call.

it it possible to cancel online but you will have to wait until final payment date. if you do not make final payment, after a few days the booking should automatically cancel.

I would think that that was a bad idea waiting to cancel in on or near the Final Payment date.

Penalties may kick in - loss of down/partial full payment or a fraction i.e. 25% after final payment date.

Best to cancel and/or rebook at the moment that you know you are going to do just that.

Also talking with the NCL agent or your own TA you and they will have a record of this transaction

and a emailed receipt of it.

In any event call NCL and get the scoop on cancelling a cruise and what needs to be done.

If you wait until final payment date before cancelling your cruise you lose the deposit, simple.

So if there is a cruise you want to cancel, do so by calling NCL or emailing your PCC before the final payment date!

My PCC is just so wonderful - I ask him to book cruises and then I ask him to book more cruises and then I ask him to cancel cruises, and so on. He still loves me as he thinks of us as travelers. We like searching for and booking unique cruises :D:cool:.