187 ml wine by the 4 pack ... allowed??

Cruise Raider

I sometimes like to have one mimosa on vacation in the morning out on the balcony without opening a whole bottle. I see that LaMarca (and others) have some 187 ml 4 packs of sparkling wines available. Four of them are equal to 748 ml. and if I only open one, it won't lose its fizz by day 4, which would happen with a 750 ml. bottle. Since Princess allows us to bring 750 ml bottles onboard, will they squawk at the 4 smaller bottles counted as one? I can always just buy the small bottles they sell onboard but the smaller bottles sometimes don't have the fizz. I've found a couple brands where the bubbles aren't compromised when bottled in the 187 ml. size. Any thoughts??

I looked this up and the question was asked previously back in 2015 but no answers given. Thought I might try this question again in case anyone has had any recent experience with this.

We did it before the aibp and pbp...would take 2 4 packs - 6 cabs, 2 chard

depending on how long we were waiting to board...well, sometimes a cab got "misplaced"...:evilsmile:

but yeah, no problem for us

I sometimes like to have one mimosa on vacation in the morning out on the balcony without opening a whole bottle. I see that LaMarca (and others) have some 187 ml 4 packs of sparkling wines available. Four of them are equal to 748 ml. and if I only open one, it won't lose its fizz by day 4, which would happen with a 750 ml. bottle. Since Princess allows us to bring 750 ml bottles onboard, will they squawk at the 4 smaller bottles counted as one? I can always just buy the small bottles they sell onboard but the smaller bottles sometimes don't have the fizz. I've found a couple brands where the bubbles aren't compromised when bottled in the 187 ml. size. Any thoughts??

I looked this up and the question was asked previously back in 2015 but no answers given. Thought I might try this question again in case anyone has had any recent experience with this.

My understanding is that we are allowed on bottle of up to 700ml. So technically, you would not be allowed the four pack. Whether the limit will be enforced is a separate question

My understanding is that we are allowed on bottle of up to 700ml. So technically, you would not be allowed the four pack. Whether the limit will be enforced is a separate question

It's 1 x 750ml bottle/pp. OP wants to bring on 748ml/pp under the stated ml limit.

Thanks for asking this. we usually have no problem finishing a whole bottle of bubbly but maybe this would be the better way to go sometimes.

:D

My DH doesn’t really drink much and as you say, it is sometimes the better way to go. I hate flat sparkling wine so this prevents me from finishing a whole bottle by myself in one sitting.

Sorry I jumped the gun and asked this question. I got the answer from Princess and it is ok.

In writing I hope!!!!!

I had a verbal that Port was accepted as wine for "free" take on purposes and a written that it wasn't.

Well, not in writing but have the phone number and name of the person at princess that told me this ... and she was very confident that it just needs to equal or be less than 750 ml. They may still hassle me but will call again right there if it is a problem.

Port wine is tricky because it is fortified. I have a feeling that some of the workers at the table don’t know what port wine is ... some will let it through, some won’t.