Hotel

Can’t say much in Sydney is “not expensive” and I guess it depends on your definition.

We like Holiday Inn the Rocks and the Grace in York Street, but when trying to save a few bucks look at one of the Ibis’ range, Pitt Street usually.

When we fly from Melbourne for a cruise, we fly the day before and stay at the Ibis budget at the airport. Its quite reasonable price, an easy 5 mins walk from the domestic terminal.

Nothing fancy but air con, tea/coffee facilities, choose the superior room.

Next day a taxi, shuttle, or ships transfer from airport to white bay.

Sounds like you may be flying to Sydney from Perth. If you get in late think about staying near the airport. The Holiday Inn Sydney Airport is one of the more reasonably priced options. The shuttle is about $6 per person each way and runs every half hour. Breakfast is often included with your booking. Next day get the train from the International Terminal to Central Railway Station, followed by a taxi to White Bay. Last time we did that it was under $30 and the best option when you're tired and have luggage. Enjoy your cruise.

I find the airport hotels a touch noisy. Flight noise and guests getting a head start on their holidays. Maybe I’ve been unlucky with them, but prefer a small trip to the noise I’ve experienced.

I find the airport hotels a touch noisy. Flight noise and guests getting a head start on their holidays. Maybe I’ve been unlucky with them, but prefer a small trip to the noise I’ve experienced.

We've stayed at a few airport hotels. Rydges a lot, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Mecure, Stamford Plaza. Don't think we've ever had an issue with noise.

If the OP stayed near Central Train Station or Circular Quay, couldn't they take a ferry from King's Wharf or Barangaroo Wharf to White Bay?? I thought that was an option.

Yes, but better to stay near King Street Wharf for that.

If you want to stay right in the Rocks/Circular Quay check out the 'Shangri-La.' (5 star.) We are having 2 nights there on 26 & 27 Sept, whilst attending Evita Musical at the Opera House (birthday present from my generous son.) Majestic Princess will be in port then, so I can get my cruiseship fix as well:rolleyes:

Shangri-La gets good reviews, rooms from $300 pn, but that's normal in that area. You can pay way more than that. Further south in the CBD cheaper it is generally.:*

If the OP stayed near Central Train Station or Circular Quay, couldn't they take a ferry from King's Wharf or Barangaroo Wharf to White Bay?? I thought that was an option.

Yes, but better to stay near King Street Wharf for that.

Wynyard station is closest for the ferry to White bay

Thanks everyone for your help,I have chosen the Ibis at Darling Harbour:D,

Hope its nice:),I will be on the Silver Muse on 22nd February, so not sure exactly where it docks yet. Any body know?Thanks,Dale.

From the Ports of Sydney cruise schedule. Looks like its in on the 21st and anchored,then moves to the OPT, Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay on the 22nd.

Silver Muse 21-Feb-2019 12:00 (Thu) 22-Feb-2019 00:30 (Fri) Athol Bay Anchorage ISS Silversea Cruises Ltd

Silver Muse 22-Feb-2019 01:30 (Fri) 22-Feb-2019 18:00 (Fri) Overseas Passenger Terminal ISS Silversea Cruises Ltd

Thanks everyone for your help,

I have chosen the Ibis at Darling Harbour:D,

Hope its nice:),

I will be on the Silver Muse on 22nd February, so not sure exactly where

it docks yet. Any body know?

Thanks,

Dale.

Ibis at Darling Harbour is fine, for Sydney a reasonable price. I have stayed there. Above all enjoy !!:hearteyes:

Thanks everyone for your help,

I have chosen the Ibis at Darling Harbour:D,

Hope its nice:),

I will be on the Silver Muse on 22nd February, so not sure exactly where

it docks yet. Any body know?

Thanks,

Dale.

At Athol Bay at anchor on the 21st moving to OPT on the 22nd at 1:30 departing 18:00

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/cruise-schedule/