Policy Change - Non Alcoholic Beverages

Are you saying that no beverages are allowed in checked bags, or that this policy change does not apply to checked bags?

If you think about it, they have never officially been permitted in checked luggage, they just never seemed to enforce this. Maybe they will start to enforce? Only time will tell.

This is what I found:

Guests bringing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages onboard are now required to do so in a carry-on or hand luggage, rather than in a checked bag.

The cruise line announced that guests will be able to bring small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages in a carry-on or hand luggage on board only on boarding day. Checking in non-alcoholic beverages will no longer be permitted.

Specifically, non-alcoholic beverages brought onboard may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Distilled water or specialized beverages such as, milk for medical purposes, dietary or infant use, are permitted.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board any cruise ship, with the exception of being able to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom.

Ok but what about if you put a gallon of water in a checked bag?

It will get in the ship anyways [emoji854]

The question is will this policy change make them confiscate that water in the checked bag.

The question is will this policy change make them confiscate that water in the checked bag.

I follow all the rules but honestly if a gallon of water is already in the ship brought in a small backpack it’s ridiculous if it gets confiscated.

Or maybe it will get enforced as previous rules lol [emoji12][emoji11]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Standard 17oz can? I have seen 12oz, 16oz and 24oz however, I thought 12oz was standard in the US. Is 17oz standard somewhere else?

I think they are covering the 500ml water bottles.

I’m on Allure next week and will be checking a 12 pack of coke and Diet Coke in a duffle bag. Have done this on every Royal cruise I’ve been on and never heard one thing about it. My guess is my bag gets delivered with no issues.

I have the deluxe package, but I like to have the sodas in my cabin.

I’m on Allure next week and will be checking a 12 pack of coke and Diet Coke in a duffle bag. Have done this on every Royal cruise I’ve been on and never heard one thing about it. My guess is my bag gets delivered with no issues.

I have the deluxe package, but I like to have the sodas in my cabin.

You have know. According to Ourusualbeach post the new policy goes into effect 1 September.

It is nice that they allow it at all and maybe easier on staff if can’t check it. My question is will it hold up the line opening that 12 pack of water and shaking every bottle? Smuggling was part of the reason I think they banned bringing water onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums