Muster by TV?

Romy40

We were on the CB earlier this month. We were told to watch a muster show on the television, and that it would be recorded that we had watched it. Just wondering if this will eventually replace attending muster at your assigned station? I doubt it, since they want everyone to know where to go in an emergency. But, wouldn't it be nice??

Other posts have said that until the safety presentation is fully run on the in cabin TV you cannot switch to see anything else. I assume that is what you are calling the "muster show."

This is true whether or not you have gone yet to the actual muster exercise.

However, I assume you do not actually have to be in the cabin while it plays out to completion.

Other posts have said that until the safety presentation is fully run on the in cabin TV you cannot switch to see anything else. I assume that is what you are calling the "muster show."

This is true whether or not you have gone yet to the actual muster exercise.

However, I assume you do not actually have to be in the cabin while it plays out to completion.

Ah! but when ***** is up and running, it will be a case of "Here's looking at you kid" (thanks, Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca) so there'll be no hideing place. Anyway muster as I understand it is an international requirement.:halo:

The TV program of the muster drill had to run before the TV would change channels or show anything else. Will it replace an in person drill? I doubt it as they can only prove that the TV was turned on, not that each person in the cabin actually watched it. It is the same program that they show at the drill.

We were on the CB earlier this month. We were told to watch a muster show on the television, and that it would be recorded that we had watched it. Just wondering if this will eventually replace attending muster at your assigned station? I doubt it, since they want everyone to know where to go in an emergency. But, wouldn't it be nice??

Who actually told you that? An officer or someone from the crew?

Doubt very much that actual attendance at a muster drill will be eliminated. It's part of international maritime law, and probably U.S. law also. The TV muster information has been going on for some time now. And as others have pointed out on Princess you can not watch any other TV until the full muster information has run. I remember back in the 90's when you first entered your cabin muster information was being shown on the TV.

If you want to watch the TV in the cabin then you must watch the safety video first other wise no access to regular TV.

This TV video has been in place for quite some time.

Attendance is required at this point for safety/muster which is required by SOLAS (safety of life at sea) and must be conducted within 24 hours of departure.

If you want to watch the TV in the cabin then you must watch the safety video first other wise no access to regular TV.

This TV video has been in place for quite some time.

Attendance is required at this point for safety/muster which is required by SOLAS (safety of life at sea) and must be conducted within 24 hours of departure.

I think it's mandatory before sailing now, I thought the rules changed after the Costa Concodia disaster

I think it's mandatory before sailing now, I thought the rules changed after the Costa Concodia disaster

You are correct..........

https://www.rina.org.uk/muster-drill.html

Look like CLIA decided to hold them before departure however not officially required by SOLAS (within 24hrs)

In the wake of Costa Concordia tragedy The Cruise Lines International Association, European Cruise Council, and the Passenger Shipping Association have adopts a new muster policy for the mandatory muster drills of all embarking passengers prior to departure from port. Any passengers that embark after the official pre-cruise drill will promptly participate in an individual or group safety drill that meets SOLAS requirements.

Ah! but when ***** is up and running, it will be a case of "Here's looking at you kid" (thanks, Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca) so there'll be no hideing place. Anyway muster as I understand it is an international requirement.:halo:

Even with ***** "knowing" where you are and if you watched the show, there are several alternatives. One is to simply leave the ***** in the cabin while you wander around the ship sans *****. Another alternative is that you are in fact in the cabin while the presentation is on the TV but asleep due to the arduous travel to the ship the 24 hours prior.

I do believe the muster drill is required by international maritime law but wonder sometimes about it these days with a video presentation in inside venue.

Even with ***** "knowing" where you are and if you watched the show, there are several alternatives. One is to simply leave the ***** in the cabin while you wander around the ship sans *****. Another alternative is that you are in fact in the cabin while the presentation is on the TV but asleep due to the arduous travel to the ship the 24 hours prior.

I do believe the muster drill is required by international maritime law but wonder sometimes about it these days with a video presentation in inside venue.

Have you guys never seen a disaster movie?? Bad things always happen to the ones who don't pay attention to the emergency exit procedures. :D

yes, disaster movies seem to play out every day now in real life situations...

shootings at high school football games between rival gangs

a 'looser' at a video game competition goes and gets a gun after being eliminated from the Madden tournament and starts shooting , kills a couple of other competitors, then kills himself

knowing where the exits are now is as important on land as it is on a ship

but what can you do?... just be aware of your surroundings...