Muster drill timing

Sheltieluv

I am just curious about the required muster drill. Our ship, Pacific Princess, is scheduled to leave Dover at 5 p.m. We have early (6 p.m.) dining. Will the muster take place immediately after sail away, before, or ??? Just wondering how they work around the scheduled dining time and getting through the required drill. Thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for answering my question. It's great to have an idea of the schedule.

I sure feel badly for the crew on "turnaround" day!

Yes, between the cabin stewards having to completely turnover alomst every cabin in under 4 hours, the waitstaff having extra duty with wheelchair assistance, muster, passengers who dont know whers they are going, luggage handling, trash removal and lading ships stores.....if we are on a b2b, the least we can do is tell our cabon steward not to worry about pur room that day.

I am just curious about the required muster drill. Our ship, Pacific Princess, is scheduled to leave Dover at 5 p.m. We have early (6 p.m.) dining. Will the muster take place immediately after sail away, before, or ??? Just wondering how they work around the scheduled dining time and getting through the required drill. Thanks!

There will be enough time.

US law has required Muster attendance before sailing for many, many years. In Europe and other places, the requirement was within 24 hours after sailing. Post the Costa Concordia disaster, SOLAS adopted the US regulation as the standard for all ships.

Princess usually has Muster scheduled 30-45 minutes before sailing. Not always. I sailed from Vancouver a few years ago and the ship sailed during Muster. I managed to race outside as we were sailing under the bridge.

.if we are on a b2b, the least we can do is tell our cabon steward not to worry about pur room that day.

I do the same. They have so much to do on turnaround day and are pulled in multiple directions. They always seem grateful when I tell them.

As it is, I keep my cabin tidied up all the time anyway, and just pull the covers up on the bed that morning to make it look a bit neater in my eyes.

I do the same. They have so much to do on turnaround day and are pulled in multiple directions. They always seem grateful when I tell them.

As it is, I keep my cabin tidied up all the time anyway, and just pull the covers up on the bed that morning to make it look a bit neater in my eyes.

I tried to tell one steward to skip my cabin, he thought he had done something wrong.

i wish muster was scheduled earlier. last year on regal it wound up being a rush topside to see sailaway. if its your 1st time leaving a port thats a fun time you want to not miss and the elevator smash is unbelievable. (universally with all lines i'm sure)

i wish muster was scheduled earlier.
Then you’d have a whole lot of people needing to attend a make-up Muster. It’s surprising to me how many people board after 2pm. But they do either because they didn’t want lines at boarding, we’re flying in the morning or afternoon on embarkation day or for whatever reason.

It’s much better to have as many passengers be able to attend Muster as possible. The make-up Muster is either during or just after sailaway. Those people wouldn’t be happy to miss sailaway.

Yes, no life jackets. Princess has finally figured out it is safer not to have that amount of passengers running around with straps flying everywhere.

Also, on b2b cruises, you are not required to attend the second muster drill if you are staying in the same cabin.

At least for US cruises, they have to send the "final" passenger list to "the government" 60 minutes before departure so they can decide if anyone needs to be tarred and feathered. That's the window where the muster drill fits.