Booking kids in a separate cabin

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but i need to get a quick answer. We are booking 2 cabins on NCL Epic over thanksgiving and would like to book the adults in one cabin and the kids, 2 ages 15 and 12, in the other. They are side by side balconies and i could swear we did this on the last NCL cruise, but our travel agent is telling us that we have to book 1 adult in each cabin. I would rather book the adults and kids in the the cabins they are actually going to be staying in because it makes dealing with the keys, drink package, etc much easier.

is this still possible on NCL?

thx

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but i need to get a quick answer. We are booking 2 cabins on NCL Epic over thanksgiving and would like to book the adults in one cabin and the kids, 2 ages 15 and 12, in the other. They are side by side balconies and i could swear we did this on the last NCL cruise, but our travel agent is telling us that we have to book 1 adult in each cabin. I would rather book the adults and kids in the the cabins they are actually going to be staying in because it makes dealing with the keys, drink package, etc much easier.

is this still possible on NCL?

thx

Your TA is right. NCL rules prohibit booking cabins for children below a certain age without an adult also booked into the same cabin.

You can attempt to switch things around once you're on board, at the guest services desk. We have done this when switching adults around, but I don't know if they'll do it to leave two underage children in one cabin by themselves, in that this is still not accepted under the rules.

You can attempt to switch things around once you're on board, at the guest services desk. .

We've done this for years, as they always have required one adult in each cabin. They won't move you to the other cabin, but they will give you keys to both cabins, so that everyone can get into the cabin of their choosing (and the adults can get into both). They don't care where you actually sleep, but one adult will officially be listed in each cabin.

Yes, this changed after they started giving away perks to the first 2 people on the reservation, it stinks. We had to book 19 and 20 year olds with a parent, so they got a soda package.

Yep. That’s the exact reason we want the kids separate. No we have to get the drink package for each cabin rather than just one.

Have the TA try it the way you want...they will probably have to do it via phone.

I called three times on our last cruise, it no longer can be done. In the past it was possible if the cabins were connecting, adjoining or across the hall.

What promo does each person want?

Being split (on paper) may cost a bit more but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I’m assuming the beverage package is the issue if both adults want it. Instead of getting 2 UBP free in one cabin, they use that perk in both cabins, and instead of getting the value of the UBP, the kids get the much cheaper soda package. For example, in separate cabins, the adults could get the UBP and the SDP, and the kids could get internet and SDP.

I’m assuming the beverage package is the issue if both adults want it. Instead of getting 2 UBP free in one cabin, they use that perk in both cabins, and instead of getting the value of the UBP, the kids get the much cheaper soda package. For example, in separate cabins, the adults could get the UBP and the SDP, and the kids could get internet and SDP.

In that case, each stateroom would select UBP(UOB) & SDP and just pay for internet. It's going to be more but not the end of the world.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but i need to get a quick answer. We are booking 2 cabins on NCL Epic over thanksgiving and would like to book the adults in one cabin and the kids, 2 ages 15 and 12, in the other. They are side by side balconies and i could swear we did this on the last NCL cruise, but our travel agent is telling us that we have to book 1 adult in each cabin. I would rather book the adults and kids in the the cabins they are actually going to be staying in because it makes dealing with the keys, drink package, etc much easier is this still possible on NCL?

thx

No. You have to book someone over 21 in each cabin. Once onboard, you can get extra keys so people can go to where the will sleep.

Last week we got a “welcome” letter saying that the 21 year old had to sleep in each cabin,,,, which can be ignored.

Yup, bingo. Anyway. We booked today with one adult and 1 child in each cabin. Oh welll. Still a pretty good deal.

As for the letter saying that a 21 year old has to sleep in each cabin, that’s not true or at least not going to happen. We just got back from oasis of the seas 2weeks ago and had no issues with the kids staying in the cabin beside us. As well as the last 3 cruises . Gateway dream and epic. We never have a issue with the kids staying in the adjoining cabin but would just like to get the specials we really want and not have to deal with the key exchange when we got onboard... I’ll have to go back and look at our previously getaway documents because I could swear that we had the kids booked in their own cabin.

Thaks everyone for the quick reply’s.

Is it just me, or isn’t it obvious why they wouldn’t allow 2 minors in a cabin alone (officially) ? I see NCL’s point here...

Just you. Been on many cruise with no issues.

Is it just me, or isn’t it obvious why they wouldn’t allow 2 minors in a cabin alone (officially) ? I see NCL’s point here...

It's not obvious to me why they no longer allow this in connecting cabins, at least not from a safety standpoint.

why would that be?

It isn't safe. The kids could go walk about at all hours of the night and get into trouble. They shouldn't be sleeping in a separate cabin.

Yes yes ... we all know that kids sleep in a different room at home. But this isn't home ... this is a city floating on the water.

There was a recent post & article about a 13 year old boy on a cruise that was sexually assaulted at 2 or 3 am by 2 adult males. Because the parents were out drinking and the 13 year old was out walking around.

Muster stations ….there are chances that two adjoining (but not connecting) cabins may NOT be assigned to same muster station!

Hence each cabin must have an adult. You just cannot have 2 minors going to muster station on their own while you two adults go to another.

Same goes with adults in a balcony cabin and kids in an inside opposite.

why would that be?

Really? You need it explained

It isn't safe. The kids could go walk about at all hours of the night and get into trouble. They shouldn't be sleeping in a separate cabin.

Yes yes ... we all know that kids sleep in a different room at home. But this isn't home ... this is a city floating on the water.

There was a recent post & article about a 13 year old boy on a cruise that was sexually assaulted at 2 or 3 am by 2 adult males. Because the parents were out drinking and the 13 year old was out walking around.

Bingo!

Its not like its two toddlers in a room by themselves, they will be 16 and 13 so i think they can handle themselves. I think he has more of a chance of getting in a car accident these days than something happening in the room beside us. So you should probably avoid the Epic thanksgiving week cruise this year because our kids will be staying in the other room. Very scary...

Its not like its two toddlers in a room by themselves, they will be 16 and 13 so i think they can handle themselves. I think he has more of a chance of getting in a car accident these days than something happening in the room beside us. So you should probably avoid the Epic thanksgiving week cruise this year because our kids will be staying in the other room. Very scary...

Did you notice the age of the 13 year old boy that was sexually assaulted by 2 adult males?

Really? You need it explained

Bingo!

I guess your kids are not as well behaved or disiplined as mine, never had an issue with them being in separate hotel rooms as well as cabins in a ship, they have been doing this since they were 12 and 15 - never even a hint of an issue as they know exactly what would happen to them if they did something