Horizon pools depth

Jenjer

Per Carnival's website:

Carnival Horizon

Dr. Seuss WaterWorks | Pools

• The Cat in the Hat slide (450' long, enclosed raft slide offering heart-racing twists and turns)
  • The Fun Things slide (213' long, enclosed body slide with whimsical polka dots and special lighting effects)
  • Splash area with varied water spray apparatus
  • 150-gallon Power Drencher tipping bucket
  • Mini racer slide for children
  • 3 Salt Water Pools including the Havana Pool (which is for the exclusive use of guests occupying Havana accommodations until 7:00pm daily)
    • Midship Pool (4'9" to 6' deep) | Aft Pool (4'9" to 5'8" deep) | Havana Pool (4'4" deep)

Dear Jenjer,

Yes the depth shown before this is so correct. But Mama please know it is like putting money in the banks now.. People from Sunrise stake out the chairs , leave books, sunglasses , and all sorts of things claiming them and never use them.

The pools abaord are some of the smallest Salt Water pools you ever saw. I wonder why no disclaimer signs as per capacity yet?

Princess owned by Carnival does have larger Fresh Water Pools.

Did you see now some people are even putting Reserved signs in the SLOP Line ( Lido Areas)

About how deep are the pools on Horizon? Can you touch in them all or is one or more deep

The Havana Pool on Horizon is listed as 4'4". I didn't use any other pools - no need. ;) However, I'm 5'2" and couldn't stand along the wall of the pool farthest aft. I don't know whether it was a factor of the waves in the pool or whether that side of the pool actually was deeper. I didn't have a problem on the other side of the pool.

Were on the Horizon in April and have been told that doing a cannonball is not allowed !

just off the liberty and kids could not jump in at all. They have aquautic directors around pools now. (not lifeguards)

Were on the Horizon in April and have been told that doing a cannonball is not allowed !

now that's a bummer!!!!! I would love to splash all those single flip flops and paperbacks left all alone on chairs in front of the pool

As for chair hogs. I am a super dupper early riser, I am one of those crazies up watching the sunrise. Its funny/sad/frustrating watching the hogs come out each morning. All cruise lines have to do is have a pool attendant follow behind them and put a "I will be back at x:yz..." 30 min after whatever time sign. If they don't come back remove their stuff. Have a "left behind stand". boom problem solved. But they don't and so the hog issue grows

I will tell you a story when I was called a chair Hog. On Anthem they have these round bed things that are fun to relax in maybe 8 or 10 of them in the Solarium. Well being a early morning person I would sit in one until the pool opened leaving my stuff while I enjoyed the pool. Coming back to my chair thru out the day. sometimes my DH or DD would lay on it, it was always our base camp. Until we where done swimming around lunch time. One day a person told me I shouldn't hog the chair since I was in the pool, most of the time. Clearly she had witnessed my coming and goings, knowing I had not left my stuff and left the area. Since she was in the chair most of the time she should get one. Now it was ruined because it was wet. I told her that's what happens in pool area seats get wet. Sorry she If she wanted a dry one she should try outside. I never saw her again. I sure as heck didn't give my chair up until after she left.

As for the Buffett table hogs OMG that's a new one. I sure hope it doesn't catch on.

I actually like deep pools myself. I like to tread water. Guess its just ocean treading for me.

I think she wanted me just take a lounger since I was in the pool more than in the chair. But they where nice and private and so I felt like that was a reward for going to bed early each night. I would never claim one and go to the buffet or back to bed for hours but I would go enjoy the pool/ hot tubs and come back and forth to it.

There is a small buffet in the Solarium and I would get food and eat in my chair. When I ate breakfast NO ONE was around well like the same 5 people but then for my mid morning snack I ate in my chair (hey its vacation) Generally I was done swimming around 1 or 2.