Virtual Balcony to Jr Suite?

Hi All - We are booked for Anthem on Sept 20 in a inside room with virtual balcony. I received an email that says I may be called and offered a junior suite for an additional $700. What are the odds that I'll get this phone call - and should I take it? I'm inclined to - but now I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks for the help!

I would take it .... but then I would have booked a JS to begin with.

Many have been getting these calls to be put on a list...not sure how many made it to the top of that list....nothing to lose giving it a chance...don't be disappointed though..just enjoy what you booked originally.

The email I received offered a possible upgrade from Outside to Jr. Suite (actually a balcony on Empress). The price was $600. I wondered if they meant total or per person? Probably won't get the offer either way. Does anyone know?

Hi All - We are booked for Anthem on Sept 20 in a inside room with virtual balcony. I received an email that says I may be called and offered a junior suite for an additional $700. What are the odds that I'll get this phone call - and should I take it? I'm inclined to - but now I don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks for the help!

This is the 9 day Canada/east Coast itinerary. You may not use the balcony much. Having said that.....

Next year's prices are $774 interior VB or $2349 JS ... a diff of $1575 per person!

The JS will be phenomenal in comparison to the interior.

If the $700 is within your budget, this is a no brainer to take advantage of in my humble opinion.

2,5,10 years from now you will never even remember that interior room let alone the room number, but you'll always have a great lifetime memory of the upgrade and you'll always remember the JS and the views from the balcony.

The email I received offered a possible upgrade from Outside to Jr. Suite (actually a balcony on Empress). The price was $600. I wondered if they meant total or per person? Probably won't get the offer either way. Does anyone know?

Reported here to be total.

So only those who have somewhere on their Royal Caribbean's profile checked that they are willing to have upgrades will be considered? If so how does one go about choosing that option? You will not automatically be upgraded without cost will you? I say that in case somebody really likes the actual cabin that they have booked originally.

So only those who have somewhere on their Royal Caribbean's profile checked that they are willing to have upgrades will be considered? If so how does one go about choosing that option? You will not automatically be upgraded without cost will you? I say that in case somebody really likes the actual cabin that they have booked originally.

You must call Royal to change your upgrade preferences.

If you do opt for automatic upgrades, it is possible that they can move you without notice and at no extra cost. However, I suspect very very few no-charge upgrades are occurring these days.

Don't have a clue how they pick who to send the emails to. There are a couple of people on our Allure sailing in October that are in GS's and got the email. No category or price mentioned, just a suite upgrade. There have been no suites available online for that sailing for months. I don't think that RCL would knowingly hold back suites that they could sell at full price for upsells.

We have received the email in the past. I’ve also read many posts of folks who have received the email for a “possible“ PAID upgrade. I don’t believe anyone has reported actually receiving the communication for the paid upgrade opportunity.

OP, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

For those that said take it for $750, FYI it is just the POSSIBILITY of an offer of a paid upgrade, not the actual offer.

M