Your Thoughts on Cruise Ship Captain's Salary

HUNKY

On 10/29/2018 at 3:15 AM, acrowe said:

that is insane. if you think that is accurate rethink your logic. not even worth debating. looks like a discussion forum you are quoting. these people are professionals. IT people make more in a base salary..a GP in medicine makes 2x that for the most part. ridiculous. no person of any intellect would take on that responsibility for that salary. common sense needs a place here.

No it is not.

The quoted figures are accurate, and in most countries, a GP will earn less than that, not to mention other professions.

It is your sense of reality is warped by US influences, where there is a huge difference in wages, and a GP can earn fortunes but patients have to sell their house to get treated...

• Like 1

I don’t find any particular problem with being interested in or knowing what a particular occupation makes in a generic sense.   I have taught at as high as post graduate level and several times in class we’ve discussed what a clinical psychologist might make say in private versus institution  practice or as school psychologist and so on.   Pretty honest question or concern and depending on an individual’s skill set and interest could make a difference in their career path choices.   Now you start talking specifically about what Police Officer Copper, Dr Randy, or Captain Albert make and I think you’ve crossed the line into personal and private information that qualifies as a “none of your business”.  

Edited by Randyk47