First Neptune

a.madruga

just booked on Oosterdam what to look forward too? Gave up balcony on NS rather wait and enjoy this for New Years

You'll enjoy your NS I a sure. Aside from a much larger room and balcony, you will have access to the Neptune Lounge. The concierges there will help you make reservations for dining, shore excursions, etc. Basically anything the front desk, specialty restaurants & shore excursion desk do, they can do for you. Of course, there is a lovely coffee machine there and munchies to match the time of day.

And, of course, breakfast in the PG (hours are the same as the MDR).

Along with priority embarkation & embarkation (you can get off whenever you want basically) you will have free laundry, drycleaning & pressing.

that's the bulk of the benefits I think. I am sure someone else can add to the list ;)

One Neptune tip:

You usually get a gift bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive from the Captain. We personally do not like this type of wine, so we take it to the Neptune Lounge and exchange it for a bottle of house Chardonnay (not great but drinkable IMO). Sometimes they will let you exchange it for something else (like soda, water, etc.), so always ask what your options are.

We often take this new bottle to the Main Dining Room and have it with our dinner (there is no corkage fee involved, but I do tip the wine steward for serving it).

Also, the first evening there normally is a Welcome Aboard reception just for the Neptune passengers. Look for an invitation in your cabin or in the welcome letter (in your cabin). If you do not see one, ask the Neptune staff. This is usually held around 7-8 PM (after first dining seating and before second seating).

Sometimes they will let you exchange it for something else (like soda, water, etc.), so always ask what your options are.

We did not want the champagne/sparkling wine in our Nep. Suite, so our cabin steward swapped it for two large bottles if still Evian water, which was much appreciated.

One Neptune tip:

You usually get a gift bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive from the Captain and hotel diector. We personally do not like this type of wine, so we take it to the Neptune Lounge and exchange it for a bottle of house Chardonnay (not great but drinkable IMO). Sometimes they will let you exchange it for something else (like soda, water, etc.), so always ask what your options are.

We often take this new bottle to the Main Dining Room and have it with our dinner (there is no corkage fee involved, but I do tip the wine steward for serving it).

Also, the first evening there normally is a Welcome Aboard reception just for the Neptune passengers. Look for an invitation in your cabin or in the welcome letter (in your cabin). If you do not see one, ask the Neptune staff. This is usually held around 7-8 PM (after first dining seating and before second seating).

(another cut back,- they stopped that party and now offer a drink in crows nest a t a silly time when many of us are unpacking and settling in They have to kno w few will go ,,, for what? a free drink? Huh ? :loudcry: :p :eek: Gone is the nice Welcome Aboard Party...................:(

If you do not liketghe gift wine , give it away or waste it..

my bold

Welcome aboard party was offered on the Prinsendam (April/18) as well as our previous sailings.

The Mariner's embarkation day get together is a separate function all together - in the afternoon and, actually quite nice.

Concierges might be my favorite perk. If ANYTHING is not right they can take care of it. A good concierge can be a life saver if you have a problem. They have also handled a few "off the wall" requests. Be sure to make them your first line of defense for anything you need.

In March the Mariners Welcome Aboard reception was at 2:00pm, then muster, then the NS reception at 5:00pm. There was also a Captain’s reception at 7:00pm. I was champagned out on the first day. Lol

Our first day onboard in May 2018 we had Mariners Welcome Aboard reception in the Crow's Nest at 2pm. There was an invitation in our cabin when we embarked, and the crew member at the door did check for it.

Our Suite Reception was that same evening, at 7ish PM, I think. Oh yeah on being champagned out :) :champagne-toast::champagne-toast:

(another cut back,- they stopped that party and now offer a drink in crows nest a t a silly time when many of us are unpacking and settling in They have to kno w few will go ,,, for what? a free drink? Huh ? :loudcry: :p :eek: Gone is the nice Welcome Aboard Party...................:(

I think you are confusing the new Mariners Welcome party (2 PM generally in the Crows Nest) with the Neptune only party at around 7 PM (location varies by ship). You get to attend both.

The whole experience of a Neptune suite from boarding to disembarking is sublime. Anything less will just not suffice for future cruises, I do understand however that HAL is considering offering a clinic designed to help those with Neptune suite withdrawal symptoms. Relax and enjoy.

• Haha 1

One Neptune tip:

You usually get a gift bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive from the Captain. We personally do not like this type of wine, so we take it to the Neptune Lounge and exchange it for a bottle of house Chardonnay (not great but drinkable IMO). Sometimes they will let you exchange it for something else (like soda, water, etc.), so always ask what your options are.

This is brilliant! Thank you, and we will do this on our upcoming cruise.

I echo the others. We love Neptune cabins for the extra space, the free laundry and all of the extras in the Neptune Lounge. We often have breakfast there.