Is there a cutoff time for porters? HarmonyOTS

We will be landing at FLL at 1:10pm and are somewhat worried about making it onto the Harmony before 3:30pm all aboard. My fiancee was wondering if the porters stop accepting luggage at a certain time. If they do, about what time before All Aboard do they stop and if we have to carry everything ourselves?

We will be landing at FLL at 1:10pm and are somewhat worried about making it onto the Harmony before 3:30pm all aboard. My fiancee was wondering if the porters stop accepting luggage at a certain time. If they do, about what time before All Aboard do they stop and if we have to carry everything ourselves?

As long as you are before the 90 minute cutoff for checking in, there will be porters.

You're taking a heck of a chance flying so far on day of cruise

If your flight arrives on time, you should be OK.

But what happens if it is late? Or if you miss a connection?

Or the airline changes the times of the flight?

Not a good idea to fly in the day of the cruise.

DON'T even risk it - we had a 10-:30 am departure - non stop - Philadelphia to Miami - between aircraft problems we did not leave PHL until nearly 2 PM - our son called RCCL - they agreed to allow boarding until 5:00 for a 6:00 departure - 28 people on the flight. We landed in Miami at 4:20 - met the RCCL rep who wanted us to not wait for our luggage - which was delayed because of thunderstorms - they will not offload luggage during a storm. We waited anyway - paid a porter to wait for us - ran to the bus - paid him to gt us to the pier on time - would you like to see pictures of us running to the gangway at 4:55?. Fly in the day before!!!

n

OMG, read the op's location and first post

I don't see where it was posted where the Harmony was sailing from, am I to assume Fort Lauderdale since they are flying into there? Not sure, since folks seem to think flying into Tampa is good for a Port Canaveral departure.

You're taking a heck of a chance flying so far on day of cruise

Hubby flies for AA so I know of all the possible things that can go wrong so I would be a nervous wreck if we flew in the day of. Good luck.

(y)(y)(y)

We're flying out of Orlando into Ft Lauderdale. I original booked it because at the time I was originally looking at the departing time of 4:30pm. And the website suggested arriving no later than 2 hours from that. I figured we'll probably be getting to the port between 2pm to 2:30pm. But now I am a bit confused because after looking at a Cruise Compass of another Harmony cruise the All Aboard time is 3:30pm. I don't remember seeing that anywhere other than the Cruise Compass.

The only other flight before mine is landing at 8:40am.

Also, our flight is a non-stop out of MCO to FLL. Our TA said we should have no problem.

But my original question was if the Porters will still be accepting luggage curbside if we get there around 2:30. Can we also check are luggage while checking in if there are no Porters?

We have larger pieces of luggage larger than carry-on size.

We're flying out of Orlando into Ft Lauderdale. I original booked it because at the time I was originally looking at the departing time of 4:30pm. And the website suggested arriving no later than 2 hours from that. I figured we'll probably be getting to the port between 2pm to 2:30pm. But now I am a bit confused because after looking at a Cruise Compass of another Harmony cruise the All Aboard time is 3:30pm. I don't remember seeing that anywhere other than the Cruise Compass.

The only other flight before mine is landing at 8:40am.

Also, our flight is a non-stop out of MCO to FLL. Our TA said we should have no problem.

But my original question was if the Porters will still be accepting luggage curbside if we get there around 2:30. Can we also check are luggage while checking in if there are no Porters?

We have larger pieces of luggage larger than carry-on size.

First of all. Your TA is an idiot and can make no such assumption

There is nothing wrong with a 8:40 arrival. You take your time getting luggage, relax in the chairs nearby for a few minutes after retrieving your luggage and head to port at 9:30-10.

No way would I risk a flight as late as your TA has you on.

Is your TA going to cover your cost of your cruise if the flight is delayed by one of the frequent thunderstorms Florida gets?

Worrying about porters would not be in my top 10 list

Since it's just from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale, I'd rent a car.

I was going to say, drive as well, 3-4 hours and yes there could be an accident but it fairly fast down the turnpike. I would not fly that short distance.

Well I just went ahead and changed our flight to the one that lands at FLL at 8:40am. We are using points and I have a companion pass, so it didn't cost me extra money and just used up a few more points. Waking up at Disney World at 4am won't be easy (not for us) but it will mean more peace of mind when we land.

And I guess now we'll be among the first on the ship.

Well I just went ahead and changed our flight to the one that lands at FLL at 8:40am. We are using points and I have a companion pass, so it didn't cost me extra money and just used up a few more points. Waking up at Disney World at 4am won't be easy (not for us) but it will mean more peace of mind when we land.

And I guess now we'll be among the first on the ship.

The 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive isn't bad - easier than trying to get to MCO during rush hour. And in general rental car companies don't have one way dropoff charges in Florida. So our last rental was around $50 including tolls and gas. Several of the companies will also take you to the ship.

I live in So Calif not sure where you are at in Calif or your City of departure but I would never come from Calif the day of the cruise. unless I did a Red Eye and even then would be uneasy. You have no margin for error if your connecting flight is changed or delayed. Glad you changed your flight for a much earlier arrival. Oh your way North of me, so probably leaving from Sacramento

The 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive isn't bad - easier than trying to get to MCO during rush hour. And in general rental car companies don't have one way dropoff charges in Florida. So our last rental was around $50 including tolls and gas. Several of the companies will also take you to the ship.
Harmony leaves on the weekend, not that crazy of traffic on a Saturday (if I have my days right). Though, for the price I'm pretty sure I'd drive too especially with checked bags. I guess it's not as big a deal with points?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well I just went ahead and changed our flight to the one that lands at FLL at 8:40am...

AWESOME. This thread was making me so nervous for you. No way we would ever fly in day-of. Have a fabulous cruise. :)

Wow, no need to be so rude. Totally uncalled for.

I don't see where it was posted where the Harmony was sailing from, am I to assume Fort Lauderdale since they are flying into there?...

Agree with you. Not everyone on these boards knows every ship and every departure port in the entire fleet.

I live in So Calif not sure where you are at in Calif or your City of departure but I would never come from Calif the day of the cruise. unless I did a Red Eye and even then would be uneasy. You have no margin for error if your connecting flight is changed or delayed. Glad you changed your flight for a much earlier arrival. Oh your way North of me, so probably leaving from Sacramento

They're coming from Orlando.