Is there an option to buy unlimited internet?

travelswithfriends

Going on the Crown Princess and was wondering if there is ever an unlimited internet option for purchase?

It depends on the ship as they roll out the new Medallion.Net service - not to be confused with the Medallion cruising. On Crown Princess I believe the answer to your question is, "No".

We are booked on the Crown for the winter 2020. The cruise personlizer is only showing by- the-minute packages right now. This, of course, could change if Princess decides to install the PrincessCONNECT unlimited internet hardware and software on the Crown. If you are sailing in the near term, pretty sure it will be by-the-minute plans.

As of today Caribbean Princess does not offer internet for my cruise next Feb. I assume since they are messing with Ocean Medallion Program and getting high speed internet up and running; Princess has not set up new pricing for my cruise. No biggie; will wait till 90 days out

We are booked on the Crown for the winter 2020. The cruise personlizer is only showing by- the-minute packages right now. This, of course, could change if Princess decides to install the PrincessCONNECT unlimited internet hardware and software on the Crown. If you are sailing in the near term, pretty sure it will be by-the-minute plans.

A lot can change between now and 2020.

As of today Caribbean Princess does not offer internet for my cruise next Feb. I assume since they are messing with Ocean Medallion Program and getting high speed internet up and running; Princess has not set up new pricing for my cruise. No biggie; will wait till 90 days out

The Caribbean Princess has the new high speed internet on board now. What they will be selling for your cruise...wait and see. The unlimited plans so far marketed on some ships were very low cost compared to the "per minute" rates.

we are doing the New England cruise (Oct 20 on Regal) - our unlimited package was $60.. I supposed this is inexpensive because of out proximity to the US coast... I thought we paid significantly more in the Caribbean a few years ago

Cost is not related to where you are cruising.

I assume you purchased the social package (least cost package) at the pre-cruise discount price. Surf and streaming packages cost more.