Grandeur of the Seas - Room Selection

I have an 3rd Floor inside mid ship cabin for a winter cruise booked; however I'm thinking of switching to an Ocean View cabin on the same floor. Where should I stay forward/mid/aft cabin, we don't get motion sickness but this is only our second cruise and don't know how we will react if the seas are rough.

The first eight (eight port, eight starboard) forward OV cabins are portholes rather than windows, so if that is important to you, I would choose one a bit further back.

And if you have one of those cabins, it will sound and feel like you are hitting whales during the night. Personal experience.

Oh, and dropping anchor early in the morning is a treat, also. I do like the deck three OV's a little further back. We have one for Nov.1.

Thanks for the replies, only availability of OV is decks 2 & 3. I'm considering OVs near the aft elevator or midway between the two elevator banks. Trying to decide if the additional cost of $140 is worth it, or if we should stay with the inside cabin, our only other cruise was a balcony on the Oasis.

Thanks for the replies, only availability of OV is decks 2 & 3. I'm considering OVs near the aft elevator or midway between the two elevator banks. Trying to decide if the additional cost of $140 is worth it, or if we should stay with the inside cabin, our only other cruise was a balcony on the Oasis.

I have done OV and interior on the Grandeur and would choose an OV over an interior 8 days a week.

How long is your cruise? And when? 😊

I have done OV and interior on the Grandeur and would choose an OV over an interior 8 days a week.

How long is your cruise? And when? 😊

We are sailing Dec 13 for the 9 day, and I redid the cost and it's actually about $240 additional cost. Going to make the final payment today. Decision-Decision had originally booked the inside as I wanted to see if we would like it and OV's were more of a increase than they are now. We don't actually spend a great deal of time in the cabin, even with our balcony on the Oasis our room time was sitting on the balcony before retiring for the night and in the morning/evening waiting to get ready for breakfast/dinner.

Being near the elevators is great...very convenient! Those hallways are long, and if you are running back and forth to the cabin during the day, the trek down the hallway becomes a royal pain. Elevators and stairs are in foyers, so noise isn't an issue.

I have called for a booking and sometimes they have cabins open that are not on the website. I'd try that, maybe you could get one on another deck. Worth a try.

Gwen :D

The OV's between elevator are a good location. Not all interiors are the same. When we book, we try to get 351, 353, or 355. They have a better bathroom set up than the forward deck 3 interiors. Where is the general location of you current interior?

My current cabin is 305, my OV options are 355, 309 and 359 series. How are the bathrooms different?

My current cabin is 305, my OV options are 355, 309 and 359 series. How are the bathrooms different?

3005 shares many of its walls with other rooms.

3009 backs to a steward closet. Noisy at times. I had 3013 once - not again.

3059 adjoining with a 4 bunk room to be avoided.

3055 - I've been in it before. It had more storage space and counter space in the bathroom than when I was in 3013. Barely enough space for one person in the lower 300 interiors. It is identical to cabin 3053 which is always my first choice. The room seemed a touch less cramped than the forward 3's. I would always prefer 3053 and 3055 for interior cabins.

Okay, all thanks for the advice, we switched from 3057 inside to 3090 OV. The price difference was $140 plus we lost $100 OBC, final payment was due in eight days so we had made arrangements to meet with our TA to pay the balance tonight. We're not ones to wait till the last day to make the final payment, as stuff happens. I'll continue watching for price drops that I can take advantage of.

:cool: Time to cruise, come on December

I have an 3rd Floor inside mid ship cabin for a winter cruise booked; however I'm thinking of switching to an Ocean View cabin on the same floor. Where should I stay forward/mid/aft cabin, we don't get motion sickness but this is only our second cruise and don't know how we will react if the seas are rough.

In December we will be on the ship for the 4th.consecutive cruise with the same cabin ,midship.

In December we will be on the ship for the 4th.consecutive cruise with the same cabin ,midship.

April will be our third, in the same cabin on Grandeur.

And have our TA waiting for Summer 2020 deployment for a July 2020 in the same cabin.

But it will get to the point that, if I am not in the cabin, I will get lost. :D

But we are in the group that understands the idea of cheaper insides for more cruises, but prefers the comfort of a GS. :D

April will be our third, in the same cabin on Grandeur.

And have our TA waiting for Summer 2020 deployment for a July 2020 in the same cabin.

But it will get to the point that, if I am not in the cabin, I will get lost. :D

But we are in the group that understands the idea of cheaper insides for more cruises, but prefers the comfort of a GS. :D

We also plan to be in the same cabin in 2019.Out feeling is that it is our residence and everyone else rents the cabin for their cruises.

We also plan to be in the same cabin in 2019.Out feeling is that it is our residence and everyone else rents the cabin for their cruises.

I know the feeling.

Yesterday, drove by the port and she was in. Looked over to see OUR balcony. :D