NOT QUITE LIVE! — MS Zuiderdam — NYC to QC

*Miss G*

When he got back to the room the phone rang and it was the EXC person. I couldn’t speak so he did his best to relay what had happened. I don’t think she understood the gravity of the situation because she was very .

When I was on the Kdam in May, I filled out a comment card offering a suggestion to move the EXC's "open hour" to a venue where there was enough seating for up to 25 or so people to sit while waiting to speak to her - instead of the small sofa that held 4 or 5 people. A few hours later I got a phone call from her - I was sorry I answered the phone. She argued the point with me. She sounded terrified that I complained.

I don't understand HAL's policy on this. If you're going to have a staff or crew member "own a problem" then you have to train them correctly to respond, which obviously they have not.

Miss G I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks all. I am good now. It doesn’t happen often so I am very disappointed it happened on my trip and with the dismal EXC response. It’s not as if I was complaining about the view or anything. If there had been a warning I wouldn’t have booked it. But there it is and hopefully this will help someone else.

I’m so sorry this happened, but glad you had your inhaler with you.

I never travel without mine. I usually just want to sleep after.

You know, it happens so rarely that I don’t usually have it with me. Thank God I did this time! Lesson learned.

We walk our way around Upper Town but have waited too long for lunch. The restaurants are packed. We abandon our 30 minute wait at Cochon and go somewhere else. Bad move. Very expensive restaurant. Very mediocre food. Very poor service. $9.00 for a paper thin slice of playing card-size bread with chopped tomatoes. We should have left then, but no. We are suckers for punishment and wait an absurdly long time for French onion soup. Other customers have come and gone. The server arrives and apologizes for the mixup. They should be coming with soup at some point. Too bad that point is elusive. We eat our tasteless soup, when it finally arrives, and resentfully pay our bill.

Here are some pretty pictures to take away the pain:

3f01f053a7f7449954221f964210d496.jpg

Ville de Quebec; one of our fav cities in the world! :) Great place to have lunch or dinner on one of the outside restaurant terraces. Like being in France

I agree. One of my favorite cities. Can't wait to revisit it on Zuiderdam next September.:)

Have always wanted to visit Quebec—thank you for your pictures! My parents honeymooned there, and took my brothers to see it long before I was born. By the time I arrived, they didn’t want to go back. 🤨

Oh good! I have lots more pictures for you then! Here are some at night:

3913e103bca18c99fa9a366a474a36b2.jpg