Noordam's Mariner Society Brunch

luv2cruise450

An invite from HAL was among today's mail ...for a Mariner Society Brunch on the Noordam @ the NYC Passenger Ship Terminal on 2/21/06. I'd love to go...but will need to take a vacation day from work. DH cannot make it...he will be out of town on a work assignment.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? Is it usually packed?

Thanks in advance for any information....

Betty

doone, send me your invitations if you can't use them. We are booked for the cruise and will be in NYC five days early and are trying to get a cruisecritic group to attend and take pictures. We also don't have the minimum days for cut-off. It is more than our 32. They are only sending the invitations to the NYC area states only.

Cheers

General Max

Max, if the brunch invitations are anything like the dinner invitations they are clearly marked "not transferrable". There is an i.d. #, and you have to call to confirm; they know who is invited. After that a sort of manifest will be tabulated and boarding passes will be sent.

NYC invitations only - looks as though we will mever get invited to an inaugural - isn't that far for us to get to NY and spned the night there. We have always been passed over for these invitations and I know of others who live further away than certain ports when these happenings occur and have gotten invitations.

Several things have happened last year on our cruises (which I shall never mention on this board) and although we are booked for 2006, we are beginning to look elsewhere for 2007.

I'm sure they will check ID's as guests board. That would be a minimum security requirement.

Exactly. Your name on the manifest has to match your driver's license or passport, and you must have one of those to pass through security. At the Maasdam's luncheon in Boston last summer I had to go through the equivalent of the boarding procedure. I can't imagine it will be anything less this time.

That was how it was when we went to a luncheon on Amsterdam during her Inaugural Visit to Boston....and that was before 9-11. Same for Maasdam. I remember a wonderful dinner we enjoyed on Maasdam in Boston and Joel Grey performed.

There is no way we are driving to New York City for brunch. At least Royal Caribbean invited us to the christening of the Serenade in New York for an overnight cruise, all inclusive. We declined the invitation from Holland America.

Ginnie

NYC invitations only - looks as though we will mever get invited to an inaugural - isn't that far for us to get to NY and spned the night there. We have always been passed over for these invitations and I know of others who live further away than certain ports when these happenings occur and have gotten invitations.

Several things have happened last year on our cruises (which I shall never mention on this board) and although we are booked for 2006, we are beginning to look elsewhere for 2007.

KK - A shame, imo - have you discussed this with your TA?

All I got was an email stating that the wrong info was on the invite. :rolleyes:

It sez I should write them, or call to RSVP.

I'm curious as to the mistake .... once I get it, I'll let everyone know.

The mistake on mine was an incorrect name with my address. The I.D. code started with the the first few letters of the incorrect name.

When I called, HAL had the incorrect name and easily found my info from that I.D.. Don't throw the envelope away! I hadn't even noticed the error.

If your letter carrier is particular about delivering mail with an incorrect name there could be a problem receiving your invitation.

The mistake on mine was an incorrect name with my address. The I.D. code started with the the first few letters of the incorrect name.

When I called, HAL had the incorrect name and easily found my info from that I.D.. Don't throw the envelope away! I hadn't even noticed the error.

If your letter carrier is particular about delivering mail with an incorrect name there could be a problem receiving your invitation.

We received the same e-mail saying there may be a mistake with the name on the envelope.

There was.

As Ruth said, there is a code above the name and when I submitted our RSVP at the web address they gave, I was able to make the needed correction. It was easy to do.....no problem and they immediately sent an e-mail confirming they had made the corrections I requested.

I just want everyone to know that we have been invited to absolutely nothing ... zilch ... zero. My invite must have been lost in the mail:( ..........

Hmmmm ... maybe I should just show up and explain the oversight! After all, we've been on 3 HAL cruises so I think that should count for something:D !!!

So the big question is ..... should I show up on the 17th or 18th in Boston ... or just head straight for NYC and show up there on the 21st or 22nd? It's a conundrum!

Look for me!!!:D

We received our invitation as well with the incorrect name but our right address. We called the PO and they redelivered the letter thanks to the information on CC from you guys. . I called HAL and they knew they made errors. The name was corrected on the phone and I needed the last four numerals of the number on the envelope. We will be confirmed via Email and sent the tickets for parking and admission. It should be a nice day to view the new ship which I hear is beautiful. We live in NYC and would not miss it. Hope to see you all there. Thanks for clearing up the matter for us...we would have missed the invite.

Archived