cheers for one

3spicyham

Has anyone ever heard of Carnival letting one person purchase the cheers program if there spouse cant drink do to allergies they allow it on RCCL as long as you buy the soda package for the second person?
On RCL you cant buy the soda package while your significant other has the drink package.

You have to at least get the refreshment package which is 20 something dollars a day and you'll have to call RCL and plead your case. You cant purchase the two different packages online.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

No, they require anyone over 21 in the same cabin to have it. Princess allows only one to have the package. That's what our friends did when we were on Regal. Neither hubby nor I drink enough to make it worth it. Our combined beverage purchases onboard are typically around $300.

Yes there are exceptions that I have witnessed first hand. My friend’s wife has a medical reason why she can’t drink alcohol. She brought on board a note from her doctor that explained she can’t drink alcohol due to her medical reason. Showed the note once on board and it was approved for my friend to purchase cheers for one. Who knows if it will work every time, but in this instance it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes there are exceptions that I have witnessed first hand. My friend’s wife has a medical reason why she can’t drink alcohol. She brought on board a note from her doctor that explained she can’t drink alcohol due to her medical reason. Showed the note once on board and it was approved for my friend to purchase cheers for one. Who knows if it will work every time, but in this instance it worked.

when was this? as they will NOT even look at a drs note today.

I've heard many try, even with a doctors note... you are the very first person I heard that actually got an exception on Carnival

The doctors note is a slippery slope. Can start with the easy ones like pregnant or recovered alcoholic. But sooo many meds say not to take them with alcohol and plenty of health conditions out there that doctors would tell you not to drink with. Pretty soon everyone who doesn’t feel like ordering the package could have a note since any doctor, in all honesty, would and could recommend their patient not drink.

Has anyone ever heard of Carnival letting one person purchase the cheers program if there spouse cant drink do to allergies they allow it on RCCL as long as you buy the soda package for the second person?

I know a lot of people are posting that they won't allow it even with a pregnant spouse but I just did a back to back on the Liberty and they allowed my husband to purchase Cheers without me. I had documentation of my pregnancy signed by a physician and it was a simple thing to do at Guest Services (that FTTF line really helped out!). They may allow it if you have documentation from a physician. Worth a shot maybe?

I know a lot of people are posting that they won't allow it even with a pregnant spouse but I just did a back to back on the Liberty and they allowed my husband to purchase Cheers without me. I had documentation of my pregnancy signed by a physician and it was a simple thing to do at Guest Services (that FTTF line really helped out!). They may allow it if you have documentation from a physician. Worth a shot maybe?

you were lucky. They are not supposed to be looking at notes at all.

you were lucky. They are not supposed to be looking at notes at all.

It wasn't required for me to submit the doctor's note in advance, which is a change from before, and I did anyway. But it was actually a bartender that told us that we could do it this way. I was fortunate that I brought the letters with me and did it on both cruises.

You can buy Cruise Bar Cash in increments up to $100. But can buy more than 1 $100 .

If you don't think you are drinking breakeven on drinks via Cheers, especially when drinking for 2, this could be an option. Good for specialty coffee bar and non alcoholic drinks bought at a bar too. Drawback is you have to spend it while on board, no carry over, and they take the tips out of it too.

Our last cruise had a port every day. Each port, there was a selection of nice bars to drink at, and prices are way below what you would pay on the ship sitting just a few yards away.

So, when comparing Cheers to pay as you go prices, do factor in the lower cost of shoreside drinks into the calculation. It may just be cheaper to skip the Cheers.

I was told by Carnival a couple of months back that I my wife could get a Dr. note and I would be allowed to purchase separately. This was for a cruise on Aug 25. I decided not to get the package myself and we did not bother with the note. If you have a similar situation I would advise calling Carnival rather than relying on Cruise Critic. Myself included.