How are Solarium breakfast and lunch on Anthem?

bangzoom6877

What are breakfast and lunch like in the Solarium Bistro in Anthem OTS? Do they have pastries at breakfast? Pancakes, French toast or waffles? How limited is it?

Is lunch more Mediterranean themed like dinner is? Does lunch change daily or is it the same items?

My husband and I are planning to spend much of the daytime at the Solarium on our April cruise since we won’t have the kids with us, and it will be very convenient to have breakfast and lunch in there. TIA!

What are breakfast and lunch like in the Solarium Bistro in Anthem OTS? Do they have pastries at breakfast? Pancakes, French toast or waffles? How limited is it?

Is lunch more Mediterranean themed like dinner is? Does lunch change daily or is it the same items?

My husband and I are planning to spend much of the daytime at the Solarium on our April cruise since we won’t have the kids with us, and it will be very convenient to have breakfast and lunch in there. TIA!

Go to the Windjammer as they have pastries, omelet station and sundry amounts or breakfast items. I found on our recent Anthem cruise these little donuts filled either with jelly and custard by the omelet station. The fried dough tasted more like Italian zeppoles. I was partial to the custard filled. Sometimes there was just a bit and other times filled to capacity. Yummy!

Also, a another choice over the Solarium Bistro is the MDR for breakfast. In addition to a standard menu there is also a buffet tables with pastries, yogurt, bagels, lox, etc.

For lunch, go to the Windjammer as they have a wonderful pasta station in addition to many food items. Also, on sea days only, the MDR has in addition to a menu, a salad bar and dessert station with a chocolate fountain in the middle.

Years ago, I used to love the Solarium as it was comprised of healthy items with dried fruits, nuts, etc., but unfortunately it is a very minor version of the Windjammer.

You should at least once go to the Park Café by 2X70 and enjoy one of those famous roast beef sandwiches.

Enjoy your cruise and ship.

Ps. For breakfast and lunch the MDR was Chic and the overflow was the Grande.

Go to the Windjammer as they have pastries, omelet station and sundry amounts or breakfast items. I found on our recent Anthem cruise these little donuts filled either with jelly and custard by the omelet station. The fried dough tasted more like Italian zeppoles. I was partial to the custard filled. Sometimes there was just a bit and other times filled to capacity. Yummy!

Also, a another choice over the Solarium Bistro is the MDR for breakfast. In addition to a standard menu there is also a buffet tables with pastries, yogurt, bagels, lox, etc.

For lunch, go to the Windjammer as they have a wonderful pasta station in addition to many food items. Also, on sea days only, the MDR has in addition to a menu, a salad bar and dessert station with a chocolate fountain in the middle.

Years ago, I used to love the Solarium as it was comprised of healthy items with dried fruits, nuts, etc., but unfortunately it is a very minor version of the Windjammer.

You should at least once go to the Park Café by 2X70 and enjoy one of those famous roast beef sandwiches.

Enjoy your cruise and ship.

Ps. For breakfast and lunch the MDR was Chic and the overflow was the Grande.

Thanks for the tips! We want to avoid the Windjammer for breakfast. We don’t like the main breakfast buffet on cruise ships because we find it very chaotic compared to lunch. At least that’s been our experience so we usually go to the MDR. I was wondering about Solarium Bistro during the day because we would like to spend a lot of time relaxing in the Solarium since the kids won’t be with us. Figured it would be easy to go to breakfast and lunch in there without sacrificing our chairs since we can eat quickly or just bring food to our chairs.

Thanks for the tips! We want to avoid the Windjammer for breakfast. We don’t like the main breakfast buffet on cruise ships because we find it very chaotic compared to lunch. At least that’s been our experience so we usually go to the MDR. I was wondering about Solarium Bistro during the day because we would like to spend a lot of time relaxing in the Solarium since the kids won’t be with us. Figured it would be easy to go to breakfast and lunch in there without sacrificing our chairs since we can eat quickly or just bring food to our chairs.

Solarium Bistro on Anthem can have some really bizarre hours, so don't count on it for an early breakfast. Sometimes it does a brunch type schedule, offering a couple of breakfast items and mostly lunch items. If it is doing that, hours are 9:30 or 10 to 1:30 or 2. Port days it might have breakfast hours but not lunch.

We really enjoy the WJ on Anthem for breakfast as there are multiple omelet stations and lots of variety. Café 270 is another option, but is no where near the Solarium. It has breakfast sandwiches and pastries plus other stuff. Both WJ and Café 270 have specialty coffee, Solarium does not.

MDR has table service and a buffet. It isn't open everyday though.

Solarium Bistro on Anthem can have some really bizarre hours, so don't count on it for an early breakfast. Sometimes it does a brunch type schedule, offering a couple of breakfast items and mostly lunch items. If it is doing that, hours are 9:30 or 10 to 1:30 or 2. Port days it might have breakfast hours but not lunch.

We really enjoy the WJ on Anthem for breakfast as there are multiple omelet stations and lots of variety. Café 270 is another option, but is no where near the Solarium. It has breakfast sandwiches and pastries plus other stuff. Both WJ and Café 270 have specialty coffee, Solarium does not.

MDR is open everyday for breakfast. however, most of the times it opens at 8am. Lunch, only on sea days.

Solarium Café for breakfast was at 9am.

MDR is open everyday for breakfast. however, most of the times it opens at 8am. Lunch, only on sea days.

Solarium Café for breakfast was at 9am.

Thanks for the tips! We will have to try Cafe 270 as well. We will also try the dining room for breakfast for sure. My concern is getting two lounge chairs in the solarium after breakfast, since we are going Easter week and I’m sure the ship will be fully booked.

Breakfast in the Solarium was o.k.

Lunch and especially dinner, not so much. We stopped there for a quick dinner one night and the food was really bad. Much had been held way too long, dried out and crusty. The staff continually tried to upsell a lobster dinner "cheapest on the ship". When we brought our food back to the table, the waiter essentially said, "not to late to pay for better food".

Breakfast in the Solarium was o.k.

Lunch and especially dinner, not so much. We stopped there for a quick dinner one night and the food was really bad. Much had been held way too long, dried out and crusty. The staff continually tried to upsell a lobster dinner "cheapest on the ship". When we brought our food back to the table, the waiter essentially said, "not to late to pay for better food".

We’re not planning to have dinner in there. Dinner will be the MDR most nights, and I’m thinking of surprising my husband with dinner at Wonderland.