Non-alch Cheers

BahamaTNBlondy

Following this thread! While on a recent Holland America Cruise they had a non-alcohol package that included everything - water (still and sparkling), specialty coffee, soda (which we don't drink)...and we loved it!! I am sad to see Carnival only offers a soda package or an alcohol package...we don't drink soda at all and don't drink much either, maybe a beer or a glass of wine once or twice during an entire cruise. We will be getting the alcohol package though because we drink A TON of water and coffee, so that justifies the price (kinda - at least enough that it will be nice to have it pre-paid and not have to think about each purchase). The Holland America package was approx. $288 for 2 people and we calculated in water alone we drank about $400+, plus specialty coffee every day (we never drank the lido stuff).

So we would love any suggestions of non-alcoholic drinks we can try out since we will have the beverage package anyways!

Following this thread! While on a recent Holland America Cruise they had a non-alcohol package that included everything - water (still and sparkling), specialty coffee, soda (which we don't drink)...and we loved it!! I am sad to see Carnival only offers a soda package or an alcohol package...we don't drink soda at all and don't drink much either, maybe a beer or a glass of wine once or twice during an entire cruise. We will be getting the alcohol package though because we drink A TON of water and coffee, so that justifies the price (kinda - at least enough that it will be nice to have it pre-paid and not have to think about each purchase). The Holland America package was approx. $288 for 2 people and we calculated in water alone we drank about $400+, plus specialty coffee every day (we never drank the lido stuff).

So we would love any suggestions of non-alcoholic drinks we can try out since we will have the beverage package anyways!

Carnival does allow you to order water for your cabin at a much cheaper price than by the bottle, which you can cool in the fridge with the cabinet door propped or in the wine bucket or a cooler with ice. Cheers for 2 for a 7 day cruise is over $700. Do you think you will drink that much specialty coffee? If you decide to not get Cheers, I think they offer a card with the coffee that if you purchase 6 the 7th is free (or 5 with 6th free).

Just something to consider:hot-beverage:

Coffee, coconut water, bottled water, energy drinks...

Coconut water?! I've never seen that on a cruise before...how awesome! My DH swears by it for heartburn...me, I can't stand the stuff! Do you happen to know what brand they offer?

Carnival does allow you to order water for your cabin at a much cheaper price than by the bottle, which you can cool in the fridge with the cabinet door propped or in the wine bucket or a cooler with ice. Cheers for 2 for a 7 day cruise is over $700. Do you think you will drink that much specialty coffee? If you decide to not get Cheers, I think they offer a card with the coffee that if you purchase 6 the 7th is free (or 5 with 6th free).

Just something to consider:hot-beverage:

Thanks for that suggestion but we are picky water drinkers. We don't prefer purified water, which is what they offer in the cases of water. At home we drink spring and mineral water, but on board we usually only find mineral (Perrier, Evian, San Pellegrino).

Coconut water?! I've never seen that on a cruise before...how awesome! My DH swears by it for heartburn...me, I can't stand the stuff! Do you happen to know what brand they offer?

Thanks for that suggestion but we are picky water drinkers. We don't prefer purified water, which is what they offer in the cases of water. At home we drink spring and mineral water, but on board we usually only find mineral (Perrier, Evian, San Pellegrino).

Here's a picture of the coconut water from the Vista...

41691141_2221237194762272_4885758606118486016_o.thumb.jpg.da4a9e98c6e2dbb5660b9103ae491fd0.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169.1

• Thanks 1

I am so glad the OP started this thread. My companion and I got the cheers package on our last cruise and the calculated savings from our total purchases came to 45%!!!

What’s unbelievable is how much we took advantage of non-alcoholic consumption with the package. My drink of choice was Perrier with cucumber ribbons from the Alchemy bar. Infused Perrier with any fruit or combination of from the Alchemy bar would probably be Devine as well. My companion’s favorite was the coconut water for sure. Next trip we are also going to take advantage of the coffee shop offerings with the package.

• Thanks 1

i have always looked for the coconut water. but every place i've asked doesn't have it. looked at the specialty coffee places, etc. any specific place i should look at? also whenever i have asked for evian or something else, i have been told its not part of cheers. only the carnival specific bottled water (DH is fine with that. me-ehhhh)

i have always looked for the coconut water. but every place i've asked doesn't have it. looked at the specialty coffee places, etc. any specific place i should look at? also whenever i have asked for evian or something else, i have been told its not part of cheers. only the carnival specific bottled water (DH is fine with that. me-ehhhh)

I've seen the coconut water at the coffee bar and at the serenity bar. The only bottled still water I've seen has been the Carnival branded water (which is Niagara brand) and Perrier and San Pellegrino for sparkling. The Pelligrino is only included when ordered in the MDR.

What are some of your favorites to get with the cheer package that are Non-alcohol???

Cappuccino in the dining room is included in Cheers, and that has no alcohol in it.

You can get coconut water and/or monster drinks in the coffee shop and also don't forget virgin versions of any of the frozen drinks.

Coconut water and Perrier were served at all bars on the Inspiration when I sailed.

• 4 months later...
On 9/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, schazzy said:

I've seen the coconut water at the coffee bar and at the serenity bar. The only bottled still water I've seen has been the Carnival branded water (which is Niagara brand) and Perrier and San Pellegrino for sparkling. The Pelligrino is only included when ordered in the MDR.

We love Pelligrino, as a nice change from tap water.  I am so happy to read that we will be able to get it in the MDR with Cheers.

• Like 1

I'd be first in line if they ever do a more premium non-alcoholic package, we normally get bottomless bubbles but would happily pay more to include mocktails, milkshakes etc. We had something similar on Princess once & it was great to have more choice. 

Vitamin Water. 

But my favourite non-alcoholic Cheers indulgence was a milkshake recipe that I learned from a crewmember that always ordered hers this way: a vanilla milkshake with a pump of caramel flavouring added.  So yummy! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

We love Pelligrino, as a nice change from tap water.  I am so happy to read that we will be able to get it in the MDR with Cheers.

Since I cutback majorly on soda, I drink sparkling water at home to still give me my carbonation fix without all the sugar or sweeteners (I drink the ALDI brand, but it's just as good as the fancy stuff and cheaper) so I was very happy they have sparkling water available and included in Cheers. I also ask for lemon and/or lime slices to put in it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, babe97 said:

A bartender gave me coconut water one morning for a hangover. Said it worked wonders. I wouldn't know, couldn't drink it. Nasty! Lol! Anyway, that was at the red frog bar on Lido on the Dream. 

I too had been advised to drink it and I thought it was nasty as well. I've tried it twice, first time I though maybe I got a bad one or bad brand, so I tried another brand and it was no better. You'd think it would be more like coconut in flavor, not like gym socks! :classic_laugh: