Does the Royal Caribbean credit card work towards Celebrity cruiselines also?

I have a RCCL credit card that we use to get points and OBC. I have been looking at Celebrity cruiselines also, as they seem a little nice, better food, etc. Can you use your points on the RCCL card for Celebrity cruises also?

Yes.

I have a RCCL credit card that we use to get points and OBC. I have been looking at Celebrity cruiselines also, as they seem a little nice, better food, etc. Can you use your points on the RCCL card for Celebrity cruises also?

If you go to the redemption pages you will see the appropriate awards for RCI and X.

Steve

I had no idea people actually used this credit card (or the other cruise line ones). I mean I guess there must be people who use it otherwise they wouldn't offer it, but why? Why wouldn't you just use something like the Citi Double Cash that gets you 2% cash back on everything everywhere, instead of a cruise line credit card that gets you 2% back in the form of OBC (much less flexible than real cash back) on cruise line purchases and 1% on all other purchases?

I had no idea people actually used this credit card (or the other cruise line ones). I mean I guess there must be people who use it otherwise they wouldn't offer it, but why? Why wouldn't you just use something like the Citi Double Cash that gets you 2% cash back on everything everywhere, instead of a cruise line credit card that gets you 2% back in the form of OBC (much less flexible than real cash back) on cruise line purchases and 1% on all other purchases?

Does the Citi card have an annual fee? No annual fee for the RC card.

Yeah, I stopped using deticade credit cards since I can get higher percentage back on other cards, plus in the form of cash back toward any account to be used on any kind of vacation or purchase. There are 1.5% and 2% cash back cards that have no annual fees, plus up to 3% on select purchases, like gas or groceries, etc. Plus, if you're an Amazon Prime member with the Amazon Chase card, you get 5% Amazon rewards, which can also be used for cash back. We added a Disney World vacation before our cruise tomorrow just because we had the points, plus with the Southwest points we had, just had to pay the security fees.

Yeah, I stopped using deticade credit cards since I can get higher percentage back on other cards, plus in the form of cash back toward any account to be used on any kind of vacation or purchase. There are 1.5% and 2% cash back cards that have no annual fees, plus up to 3% on select purchases, like gas or groceries, etc. Plus, if you're an Amazon Prime member with the Amazon Chase card, you get 5% Amazon rewards, which can also be used for cash back. We added a Disney World vacation before our cruise tomorrow just because we had the points, plus with the Southwest points we had, just had to pay the security fees.

Several cards out there like the Discover it and Chase Freedom cards that are no annual fee and 5% back on rotating categories. Discover even doubles your cash back after the first year, so it's effectively 10% back the first year which is pretty great.

Random RC Visa question... I had an issue with BoA last week and cancelled my card. I had already redeemed my points for OBC, but they haven't shown up on my cruise yet (I know this takes a while). The email I received confirming the cancellation of my card said I would lose my reward points. Does that mean the ones I haven't redeemed yet, or will I also lose the points I've redeemed but that haven't been applied?

Random RC Visa question... I had an issue with BoA last week and cancelled my card. I had already redeemed my points for OBC, but they haven't shown up on my cruise yet (I know this takes a while). The email I received confirming the cancellation of my card said I would lose my reward points. Does that mean the ones I haven't redeemed yet, or will I also lose the points I've redeemed but that haven't been applied?

This would be a question for the RC Visa redemption people: 888-305-4626.

Because we honestly don't use credit cards for anything, and I only use the RC credit card for RC purchases, so I get double points. But otherwise, I have no need for a credit card.

Several cards out there like the Discover it and Chase Freedom cards that are no annual fee and 5% back on rotating categories. Discover even doubles your cash back after the first year, so it's effectively 10% back the first year which is pretty great.

There you go! I purchase everything thru credit cards as much as possible simply because of points, then pay them off each month. The points add up quickly!

There you go! I purchase everything thru credit cards as much as possible simply because of points, then pay them off each month. The points add up quickly!

I do the same because even though 2% doesn't seem like much when you get it across all spending over the course of a year it can be hundreds of dollars. That's in addition to the other benefits, like purchase protection, not being responsible for fraudulent charges, signup bonuses, Amex offers, etc.